Goulet Pen Company

Meleemaker

I mean who hasn't wanted batman drawn in blue ink?

I think Heart of Darkness would perhaps be more appropriate - I think most of us have moved past the Superfriends series, in which he's dressed in a light gray and almost royal blue. :roflmho:

Assume no affiliation to recommendations.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc453/NoodlersCreaper/sig0001.jpg

Alternative Noodler's Ahab Nibs

"Free" Custom Fountain Pen Cases

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• 1984Drew

• MrsGouletPens

• P.A.R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best. Customer service. Ever.

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

True to their word same or next business day, my order shipped today. It wasn't an expensive order and I know I won't be paying anybody's salary for the year with it or sending Brian's little one to college with it but the fact that the company puts as much thought and consideration to the little orders as they do to the big expensive ones is what impresses me the most. To many companies want to skim over the service to the little guys that order and only focus on the big spenders. I don't see that with the Goulet's and I am definitely going to send as much if not all my business their way. (unless there is something I just can't get through them but I'd be more apt to send a special request and see what they could do first though). Looking forward to seeing if the post can get my order here as fast as Goulet's got it packed and shipped out the door to me.

True to their word same or next business day, my order shipped today. It wasn't an expensive order and I know I won't be paying anybody's salary for the year with it or sending Brian's little one to college with it but the fact that the company puts as much thought and consideration to the little orders as they do to the big expensive ones is what impresses me the most. To many companies want to skim over the service to the little guys that order and only focus on the big spenders. I don't see that with the Goulet's and I am definitely going to send as much if not all my business their way. (unless there is something I just can't get through them but I'd be more apt to send a special request and see what they could do first though). Looking forward to seeing if the post can get my order here as fast as Goulet's got it packed and shipped out the door to me.

Not only that, but I slipped a Batman in there for you! :)

Drew C. Brown

Shipping Manager - The Goulet Pen Company

You guys rock. Really are an inspiration to us all on the internet.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I really wasnt intending on slowing the shipping process or ruining anyone else's experience. I was really just trying to share how great the company really is. I really wanted to take the monotony out of their day and maybe just make one smile...I did not ask for any that elaborate. I was very very pleased with the note. So if you really want to, just type out a quick joke or somthing to make him smile. I really hope that the 1400 views that this thread got will get some business to make up the time it took him.

I really do want to apologize if anyone felt left out, or any problems it may have caused for Goulet. If anyone else gets somthing cool from them, or just wants to share their experience, please do.

I really wasnt intending on slowing the shipping process or ruining anyone else's experience. I was really just trying to share how great the company really is. I really wanted to take the monotony out of their day and maybe just make one smile...I did not ask for any that elaborate. I was very very pleased with the note. So if you really want to, just type out a quick joke or somthing to make him smile. I really hope that the 1400 views that this thread got will get some business to make up the time it took him.

I really do want to apologize if anyone felt left out, or any problems it may have caused for Goulet. If anyone else gets somthing cool from them, or just wants to share their experience, please do.

Oh my goodness, no apologies needed! We LOVE to see these kinds of threads pop up... there's really nothing better for our team's morale than to see genuine, unsolicited positive feedback, that our customers notice and appreciate all the little things we do to add up to a good experience for you. We are more than happy to try to accommodate any special requests, whether it's a notebook cover color, a smooth-writing pen, or a drawing on an invoice... we try to be a personal business in an impersonal online world. And of course while trying to ship quickly, that's a big reason we have employees now is to keep up with the growth while maintaining the same level of service as if Brian and I were handling everything ourselves (like we used to, not so long ago!). So please, no apologies.... we want to thank you for starting such a wonderful thread and ongoing positive conversation. :notworthy1:

I just love that someone takes the time to write "thank you" on the invoice. Usually they include a notation as to what ink they are using which is really nice. I did get one, however, that was a really nice color and of course that one did not identify the color. Considering the amount of ink I have, I figured I was probably better off not knowing.

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

In the unwrapping without cutting anything competition, a new personal best of 3 minutes 57 seconds to get into my 3 bottles of Iroshizuku :eureka: I only had to use my teeth twice to hold a corner of the blue wrap! :embarrassed_smile:

Larger orders take MUCH longer to unwrap. :bunny01: :rolleyes:

In the unwrapping without cutting anything competition, a new personal best of 3 minutes 57 seconds to get into my 3 bottles of Iroshizuku :eureka: I only had to use my teeth twice to hold a corner of the blue wrap! :embarrassed_smile:

Which ones did you get?:puddle:

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Tsuki-yo, ina-ho & shin-ryoku. You hadn't tempted me yet with the sample of the Dark Chestnut, so now I have to spend again. :headsmack:

Tsuki-yo, ina-ho & shin-ryoku. You hadn't tempted me yet with the sample of the Dark Chestnut, so now I have to spend again. :headsmack:

What do you think of the Tsuki-yo? I was thinking about getting a sample of it, along with a sample of Ku-jaku.

"To the optimist the glass is half full, to the pessimist the glass is half empty, to the engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

Haven't inked with it yet. So far, the examples on the Goulet's site have been really accurate for the other colors. All the blather in the review threads finally convinced me. :embarrassed_smile:

I need to see samples of those three with my own eyes....;)

In the mean time, I only have yama-budo, kon-peki, momiji and the yama-guri....compliments of other vendors not of this thread....but I do love Goulet! :cloud9:

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Your posts make me happy!

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

My husband and I love the Goulets--no, we luff them. (It's a fluffier, softer kind of love, reserved for those with amazing customer service and people who hand out chocolate). I had a fantastic experience with Drew over the holidays. I ordered about 10 million ink samples to go into my husband's stocking (he was nice, so he got ink instead of coal), and I had tacked on, right in the middle, a full bottle of Iroshizuku. Only James Bond (or Batman!) could have spotted that one whole bottle amongst the samples, and they mistakenly sent a sample instead. I notified them and Drew had a lighting fast reply. I all but refused his apology so understandable was the mistake, but he continued to correspond with me to ensure that I was a happy camper. So personal was the service, he actually looked back through our order history and noticed that my husband had purchased a pen for me for my birthday and asked me how I liked it. The bottle of ink and some extra samples arrived before I could even believe it. Seriously--Drew would have had to have shipped it BEFORE he knew about it in order to have gotten it to me that fast, so I have a feeling he is harboring a time machine, but that's neither here nor there.It was the kind of service you get from a fantastic mom and pop (and from people who hand out chocolate). Just seeing this thread makes me smile because it is a testament to the consistency of their excellence, so very, very rare these days. For the record, I'm a relative young 'un (30) and I still pine for the good ol' days when this was (supposedly) the norm...

The initial post had me laughing out loud. "Nothing is cooler than Batman" is what really did it. Fortunately I am alone in the office except for the cleaning people. They know I am weird, so I suppose the laughter didn't phase them.

On my invoice I received a nice note and a written example of Ottoman Rose. Nice color - can't really tell from the web. GREAT customer service.

Is it bad that whenever I get on my computer now, there are 4 or 5 main sites I check? First thing I do; Gmail, Youtube, Webmail, FPN, and Goulet. And whenever I get called into work late or over a weekend, I never think about the work, I tell myself that these two or 3 hours will buy me a new bottle of ink or some more wax or maybe if I worked extra the next day I could get a notebook....

I already know for sure that I need a 50m bottle of the regular Tenzanite(unfortunantly the fast dry sometimes dries too fast to the nib!! Very frustrating to have to get it going to take a few notes, set it down, and need to warm it back up even after a few minutes, but the only reason I bought it was in hopes that it would work in my Journal that isnt very FP friendly. And lucky me, it writes great on the toilet paper they put in between the covers!!!!!) I'll probably get another Shaeffer 100 for a very good friend of mine when I graduate(but I may as well buy it now). I'm going to need some more red wax when they get it in stock...I'm also looking at a Platnium Maki-e for a graduation present from my parentals. I just love the look of the gold on red, and with the gold nib, nice step up from what I currently have. I'll need some red ink....new notebook soon...ink syringe...

Oh goulet....look what you have done to me...better go write down this list somewhere....