Goulet Pen Company

Meleemaker

I think I've stockpiled enough ink to last the rest of my natural life, lol, but I WANT A DRAWING!!! Come to think of it, there are a few Herbin shades I wouldn't mind trying out, I could use a new journal - or two - and another Ahab, and maybe this is the time to indulge in one of the new Iro colors....my order's going in tomorrow!

There's nothing like the anticipation of getting a package from Goulet Pen Company, unless it's seeing how beautifully everything has been packed, or reading the enclosed hand-written note (what color ink this time?). Pen-and-ink drawings? Icing on the cake.

Wow.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• 1984Drew

• MrsGouletPens

• Meleemaker

Oh man. This may have convinced me to make a Goulet order this weekend even though I don't actually need anything.

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1813132/pride.png

Guilty as charged, Melee! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the doodles. We'll always do our best to give a personal touch whenever we can! The notes on the invoices are VERY important to the Goulets, and I truly believe that it's something that the company will always find the time to do. It's always good to hear that the little things go a long way. Plus, I love it! Although I have to say that I'm definitely no artist - my talents are limited to whatever I happened to be obsessed with as a kid. I can draw a pretty awesome Ninja Turtle!

PR Spearmint and Noodler's Blue-Black are two of my favorites! The Spearmint stays in my green eyedropper Kaweco Ice Sport, and the Blue-Black is a mainstay in my Ocean Blue Lamy Al-Star. Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that color-coordinates.

The "B" that you see is actually part of my initials - there's a "D" stacked on top. :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Drew C. Brown

Shipping Manager - The Goulet Pen Company

It's so refreshing to see a business that understands that great customer service gets you more business!

Great drawings Drew.

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” - Jack Layton.

I hope the Goulet Pen is not going to be inundated with the drawing requests from too many customers. :) The thought of asking for a memorable drawing crossed my mind for sure. I usually buy mutliple products at the same time from them; so, I think I can justify my interest in asking for a drawing when I place my next order.:) If you are buying only a few items, please refrain from asking for a drawing as I am sure that could slow down other customers' order processing and "drawing" requests. :)

The CI for my previous orders had the hand written message, which is a good way to express appreciation to a customer.

Edited by Pen2009

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

I think and hope people will be reasonable about this, too. I'd also hope it goes without saying that if you want your order shipped within 90 minutes (which is what I got the last time I ordered) you're not getting that and an awesome drawing of Batman. You should expect if you make a special request that it may result in your order getting set aside until it can happen or possibly if it's at a really hectic time that it won't happen.

I have an idea for how I'm going to use the request box next time I order, but I don't want to ruin the surprise by posting it here. I'd suggest rather than asking for increasingly complex drawings people should strive for creativity and even for ways to give back a little to the Goulets and their employees who do right by us so often.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

It is good to know that Drew drew that drawing. I am going to request a self portrait so I can see how well Drew draws Drew. I will then put my drawing of Drew, by Drew, in a drawer.

If Drew drew Drew, how many drawers would it take to to store the drawings that Drew drew of Drew?

Edited by JDR

So, uh, please tell me I'm misinterpreting this and someone didn't just ask us not to request funny drawings so that they could request more for themselves? Because that seems, uh, a bit off.

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1813132/pride.png

So, uh, please tell me I'm misinterpreting this and someone didn't just ask us not to request funny drawings so that they could request more for themselves? Because that seems, uh, a bit off.

Ummm, that's kind of how I interpretted that post as well - he buys more stuff so he has a right to their time and their drawings while those of us who are lesser mortals, do not.... :( Maybe he was joking?

I haven't yet purchased from Goulet Pens but after hearing about all of the happy customers here on FPN - and not just in this thread - they will definitely be the company I use for my first-ever ink order. (And don't worry, Pen2009, I won't ask for any drawings as a thank you for my insignificant order. :P)

Holly

Edit: I was confused about who was asking people to not ask for drawings. Now I see it. I'd just suggest that people be reasonable about this, understand that a special request may delay their order while it is set aside to be dealt with, and understand if at some point in the future the Goulets have to say enough is enough. Until then, this is a matter between the Goulets and their customers. I certainly won't tell other customers how to act -- I'd just appeal to everyone to be excellent to one another.

Edited by Jimmy James

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Guilty as charged, Melee! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the doodles. We'll always do our best to give a personal touch whenever we can! The notes on the invoices are VERY important to the Goulets, and I truly believe that it's something that the company will always find the time to do. It's always good to hear that the little things go a long way. Plus, I love it! Although I have to say that I'm definitely no artist - my talents are limited to whatever I happened to be obsessed with as a kid. I can draw a pretty awesome Ninja Turtle!

PR Spearmint and Noodler's Blue-Black are two of my favorites! The Spearmint stays in my green eyedropper Kaweco Ice Sport, and the Blue-Black is a mainstay in my Ocean Blue Lamy Al-Star. Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that color-coordinates.

The "B" that you see is actually part of my initials - there's a "D" stacked on top. :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Drew, just when I thought Goulet Pens could not do more to blow me away, I saw this. If they are getting employees like you, and having served for 4 yrs in the Navy, I'm betting he is getting some quality ex-service members who have things like "in service to others" taught that the rest of the younger "me first" workers have no awareness of.

It is no small matter the number of threads that spring up spontaneously throughout this forum to praise this relatively new & successful company, where most of the other pen/stationery stores in this genre are hanging on by their bleeding fingernails, or already closed.

I won't ask you to draw anything on my invoices, because I know how much time that would take to do it for everyone, but just knowing that I could if I asked for it is all I need to know.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Those drawings were awesome to see. My first purchase was a glass dip pen and J. Herbin black ink that I love to use when I am Journaling.

But what I also like was the personal note thanking me for my purchase that was written by Rachel herself. awesome packaging also.

I think and hope people will be reasonable about this, too. I'd also hope it goes without saying that if you want your order shipped within 90 minutes (which is what I got the last time I ordered) you're not getting that and an awesome drawing of Batman. You should expect if you make a special request that it may result in your order getting set aside until it can happen or possibly if it's at a really hectic time that it won't happen.

Dude, thank you for this excellent idea. Forget drawings. I will henceforth request that my orders be shipped within 90 minutes. :)

Seriously, though, and sorry to say this, but if a lot of people start inundating Drew and the others with special requests, there will be an impact on others. I'm sure that the Goulets get hundreds of orders every day. So I hope they will set aside special requests instead of backing up the line for them. To be fair to other loyal customers who just want their order shipped quickly.

I know that could sound curmudgeonly, but I don't mean it that way. I'm certainly not saying, don't ask for drawings. And Drew is awesome; I know from experience with a lost package. I'm just saying, if there's an express lane, I will take that one.

Dude, thank you for this excellent idea. Forget drawings. I will henceforth request that my orders be shipped within 90 minutes. :)

Seriously, though, and sorry to say this, but if a lot of people start inundating Drew and the others with special requests, there will be an impact on others. I'm sure that the Goulets get hundreds of orders every day. So I hope they will set aside special requests instead of backing up the line for them. To be fair to other loyal customers who just want their order shipped quickly.

I know that could sound curmudgeonly, but I don't mean it that way. I'm certainly not saying, don't ask for drawings. And Drew is awesome; I know from experience with a lost package. I'm just saying, if there's an express lane, I will take that one.

Absolutely! We'll do what we can with special requests, just please, be reasonable. Drew is our warehouse/shipping manager, so his top priority is to keep the orders flowing, both quickly and accurately. On the same token, we can't always promise 90 minute order-placed-to-shipped, but we'll do our best there too! Our goal is always same or next business day shipping, while providing the best personal customer service possible. :thumbup:

I won't ask you to draw anything on my invoices, because I know how much time that would take to do it for everyone, but just knowing that I could if I asked for it is all I need to know.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

Jackie

Goulet customer service is top-notch. They are always my first stop when I am looking for something writing related.

For your first pen, you should buy a Pelikan m200 or a TWSBI 540.

For vintage, get a Parker Vacumatic or a 51.

Once you go Vac, you never go back.

Yes, I've been drinking.

Have an order pending with them right now. Placed it on Friday night and will see how long it takes to get here (this being Sunday). Not an expensive order or anything, just for a Platnium Preppy, converter, and some O rings so I can seal it later. Am looking forward to the order and the pen. Not the most extravagant but I need a work horse pen for classes. I do however have 3 other items in my wish list that will be my "Oh look my birthday is coming up, click here...." or "oh look it's Saint Patricks day next month how about some green ink from Goulet's". I like the videos that Brian has done as reviews. The fact that he runs not only the pen store, stores web site and the Ink Nouveau and makes videos for youtube shows that he not only likes what he's doing but he wants to do it right. The drawings and sketches on the orders are hysterical. I mean who hasn't wanted batman drawn in blue ink?