So, Has Anyone's Twsbi Not Broken?

Koyote

I am back after one year with my Vac 700. This pen has nearly emptied my bottle of Sailor Yama-Dori in that time. The last fill was really hard.

No cracks, jeans pocket carried on a daily to weekly basis.

This pen is my wife's favorite pen that I own ,so she often just throws it in her purse and it's missing for days.

She brought home my daughter's first day of Kindergarten information sheet because her first year of school just ended. She filled it out with the TWSBI VAC 700, Yama-Dori, gorgeous dark teal with burgundy sheen on my baby's paper that was posted all year. I'm serious, sheened like crazy on school copy paper.

The point is, this is one of my most used and roughly handled pens. It has not cracked, in fact, since I removed that plunger seal, there has been nary a single issue. Not even a hard start.

This pen is a tank, and TWSBI is legit.

Edited by J85909266

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonSzanto

• Icywolfe

• Freddy

• JefferyS

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I own three VAC 700s. None broken. I have a fourth on order. Wonderful with the stub nib.

Edited by BerndtNorten

Good to hear the positive experiences. With one minor exception mine, too, have been positive (three Minis, one VacMini, one Eco).

• 1 month later...

Have been using a clear Mini as one of my EDC pens for almost three years now. No problems at all.It's one of my most reliable workhorses.

That did it, the one style of TWSBI I don't have is the Vac 700. Now I will own one. Maybe that will be delightful!

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to throw a body of a 540 amber demonstrator away. I owned it for less than 2.5 years (I bought it right before it was discontinued in favor of 580). After about 6 months it developed a crack in the nib assembly. About a year ago, the barrel on top cracked and the piston assembly was barely working - I had to push it in to hold it in place. However, yesterday, why trying to clean it out the connecting rod popped out of the piston, leaving the piston in the middle of the barrel. And also the whole assembly on the top completely fell out of the barrel due to the aforementioned crack. That pen gave me so much trouble that I just threw it away on the spot leaving just the nib with its section.

I have 540 Smoke 2 years old not cracked. But 540 saffire bought at same time by my friend had nib unit broken few months ago. He was about to throw the pen. But I mailed twsbi on his behalf and got replacement within 15 days. Only usd 5 shipping was charged. My other twsbis ECO white and vac 700 Amber are in perfect condition but only few months old.

After reading your post, I actually dug out the thrown pen out of the trash :-)

Can you point me to the directions on how to ask for the replacement?

After reading your post, I actually dug out the thrown pen out of the trash :-)

Can you point me to the directions on how to ask for the replacement?

I contacted through " contact us " form from their website.

http://www.twsbi.com/pages/contact

I have a bunch of 580s, 580ALs, and Ecos. I beat them up and toss them around the house, my cars, my backpack, and my office drawers. No issues at all. I don't clean them out nor do I flush them. They are all inked and I've had some ink dry up in the Rose Gold 580. Nothing a quick run under a running faucet couldn't address.

All of them still look brand new! No issues at all.

• 5 weeks later...

Only had my white ECO this year but so far all is good .... it has not been molly coddled in any way, yet it still looks brand sparkling new - and very colourful with a fill of Noodlers Apache Sunset ink.

John

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow :-)

For All The Times That Might Have Been We Only Have The Now

www.africanconservation.org

Someone just asked earlier today on reddit what people's longest-running inked pen was. I thought about it for a minute, and then I realized that my original TWSBI 540 has been inked and in use since I got it in 2011. No issues, no problems. Rock-solid.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

TWSBI 580 AL.....had it since the OR and not a problem whatsoever!

Truth be told, given that I have both a M nib and 1.5 stub, it's a workhorse and gets handled, cleaned, and used, A LOT.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

• 2 months later...

TWSBI 580 AL stub nib 1.1mm since May this year. Use it almost daily, now inked up with Noodler´s Apache Sunset. So far it's fine, no cracks bit nib tines seem to go out of wack sometimes or it's the feed that can´t keep up because after one page of writing it starts to have difficulties writing and sometimes also has hard starts. Regret I didn´t buy the Medium nib for this pen ...

• 2 weeks later...

I've had four TWSBI pens - and thus far I've had some damage to two of them. All my fault. I dropped one nib first and destroyed the nib on the bathroom floor. Also cracked the barrel in the fall. And then I overtightened my Vac Mini and cracked the section slightly. It was still usable but ink leaked in it.

Again, the damage was user error. My 580AL is my current EDC pen and I've never had an issue with it.