• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonSzanto

• Icywolfe

• Freddy

• JefferyS

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neither of my 2 530s have a problem (I had to replace the piston seal on one of them, though, but that was prior to the updated seal). My ROC had a cracked section, but I believe that problem is now fixed as well, and I was sent a replacement section, which is working like a champ. It not only looks different- more sturdy, but it feels like it won't have any problems, when I take it and compare it to the previous one.

Be sure to rinse It out thoroughly with water a few times before filling it with ink. I had trouble with the ink flowing, then I read about doing that on FPN, emptied it and rinsed, then refilled and it's been writing great.

Now that TWSBI has moved to the inhouse feed and Bock nib, they are apparently begging people on Facebook not to do this. Their position is that their pen is ready to go out of the box now with the testing of each pen they do. I just thought I'd pass that on.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I've never had a single problem, not even the smallest thing, until last night.

I can't find my 530. I was packing up things to take to the LA Pen Show, and wanted something to be at the ready to use that I wouldn't worry about, and... I have no idea where it is. Probably in some of my 'work clothes' (white tie and tails for concerts) or it fell somewhere in the studio.

Glad mine has been rock solid. I just wish it would beep like my car when I press the door lock button...

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Broken section, an inner middle piece (#8 according to the printed parts booklet), unspeakable nib.....and less ink capacity than a long international cartridge. All ultrasound machines I've checked clearly state polycarbonate will be damaged if used in them, so it has to be cleaned manually. Marketing can say what they like, but I went back to my Inoxcrom and have never looked back ($55 plus shipping poorer, this is).

If you do have any problems, TWSBI provides excellent customer service. :thumbup: I had a cracked section and they sent me a new one immediately.

If you do have any problems, TWSBI provides excellent customer service. :thumbup: I had a cracked section and they sent me a new one immediately.

The replacement broke as well. I have no wish to keep loosing my time nor money in keeping sending faulty plastic back and forward. But thank you for the reminder.

There have been LOTS of posts on FPN about faulty TWSBIs - cracked barrels, cracked caps, cap rings that break off, etc, etc.

I really want to try a Diamond 540, but all the posts about problems have scared me off. Have any of you bought TWSBIs and NOT had problems?

I have six of these divine pens; a mixture of the early 530 model, ROC & 540.

NO trouble at all at any time. My favourite pens! With the new stub nibs..... heaven.

Get some in!

I have learned quite a bit about how pens work by taking apart and replacing the section grip and barrel after they cracked. I actually have enjoyed doing the replacement work. TWSBI customer service is second to none. I just wish that my Ahab was as good of a writer. I use my 540 every day.

No trouble with my 540. Ordered a second. Very satisfied.

As always, those who had problems are loud. You almost never hear about those who had no problems. And, if you subtract all those who got their problems resolved, TWSBI has a very good record, possibly above average. Don't forget the first 530 were "beta" pens, sold to be tested by real consumers. This is why they cost less the now perfected second generation 540.

Broken section, an inner middle piece (#8 according to the printed parts booklet), unspeakable nib.....and less ink capacity than a long international cartridge. All ultrasound machines I've checked clearly state polycarbonate will be damaged if used in them, so it has to be cleaned manually. Marketing can say what they like, but I went back to my Inoxcrom and have never looked back ($55 plus shipping poorer, this is).

There is clearly something very unusual at play here if your pen did not hold more ink than a long international cartridge does.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I have a Diamond 540 and a ROC 100 and both worked fine straight away and no cracks or leakages although admittedly they either stay on my desk or are transported safely in a case....never loose in a bag or pocket.

I have 2 530s. No problems from either here. I'm seriously tempted by the new 540 colors with the Bock nibs (a Sapphire blue in B :drool: )

Had to change the seal in the first one, but I knew that going in. Highly recommended. I'm pretty sure you would get any problems fixed, in the offhand chance there was one!

Edit, I wish mine would post better as well, I like my pens posted.

Edited by 79spitfire

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

OK, I've had my TWSBI literally 2 weeks (it was waiting for me when I came home from vacation) and I've only filled it once but it's gone with me to work by bus and back; I've written with it every day.

I will buy more TWSBI's.

I just wish the B nib was broader and wetter (I am using R&K Salix however).

My 540 has been perfect, and I love it.

To the poster whose pen held less ink than an international cartridge: do you know why? Was something wrong with the filling mechanism and the pen didn't fill fully? I'm curious. I'm also sorry you had so many problems.

best wishes,

-eo

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. --Albert Einstein