I Just Ordered A Hakase...

mongrelnomad

That Nakaya is the Flowers of all Seasons, see https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/166446-nakaya-flowers-of-all-seasons-maki-e/

At the moment, I have one Nakaya and one Hakase on order, and am looking forward to the fall.... Ruud

Gorgeous! I too have a custom Nakaya on order - it's already been a few months so I expect to hear of its imminent arrival soon.

As for the Hakase - this means there are none left on order! (Although it looks like I'll be headed to Japan in December - who knows? Maybe one of those 'not for export' pens will find their way onto my person :)

Too many pens; too little writing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mongrelnomad

• rhk

• ethernautrix

• daoud62

Terrible photos, but better to come. I'll need a few days for thorough usage to come to conclusions...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3788/9258438503_568eb67a3c_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7424/9261218412_04a05a885d_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7407/9261218428_63911d9986_z.jpg

Lovely!

It really, really is. Equally as beautiful is the handmade pen pouch I bought with it. Unbeknownst to me Hakase tailors each for every pen: this one has no cutout for a clip, but has a hole where the roll-stopper sits for a perfectly snug fit.

will await more pictures. the section appears to be a RedRippledHR? Body is diffrent material or just a matte rendering? the barrel end reminds me of the 25. The roll stopper is exquisite, pyramidal in shape?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

will await more pictures. the section appears to be a RedRippledHR? Body is diffrent material or just a matte rendering? the barrel end reminds me of the 25. The roll stopper is exquisite, pyramidal in shape?

The ebonite came as a real surprise. I was expecting a full wood pen, but it appears the pen is actually a rosewood shell attached to an ebonite body. That means that all the innards, and the section itself is red rippled hr.

And yes: the stopper is hand-beaten and pyramidal in shape.

It looks gorgeous.

Hari - I'm really surprised at you - you have so many pens and yet you haven't yet taken the plunge with a Hakase or a Nakaya!!!

While your first Hakase was beautiful, this one is beyond compare - I love this pen!

Congratulations! :)

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

Hari - I'm really surprised at you - you have so many pens and yet you haven't yet taken the plunge with a Hakase or a Nakaya!!!

I am very eager about a Hakase, let's see.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I am very eager about a Hakase, let's see.

I don't want to ruin the review to come, but (spoiler alert!):

I think you'll like it!

*Falls over

May I help you up my dear?

*holds out arm*

Edited by mongrelnomad

Terrible photos, but better to come. I'll need a few days for thorough usage to come to conclusions...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7424/9261218412_04a05a885d_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7407/9261218428_63911d9986_z.jpg

This looks to be a beautiful pen. What nib does it have? I hope a review is coming, that includes the case. I am sure you will enjoy this pen! Ruud

May I help you up my dear?

*holds out arm*

You might have to hold the Hakase in front of my face (not under my nose, just wave it in front of my face), hahaha!

Gorgeous pens, both of them....

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Wow! Beautiful pen!

I have tried to sort out the order process, but alas, even with Google translate, I can make neither head nor tail of it. Will have to wait and hope to meet a japanese-speaking pen fan some day.

Ken

Wow! Beautiful pen!

I have tried to sort out the order process, but alas, even with Google translate, I can make neither head nor tail of it. Will have to wait and hope to meet a japanese-speaking pen fan some day.

Ken

Really? I found it very easy...

Send an email to Mr. Yamamoto at Hakase (info-at-fp-hakase.com) asking for a brochure to be mailed to you. Choose the model (an easy number), fill out the questionaire (how you hold your pen, writing sample etc), pay and wait!