Calling Saddleback Leather Owners!

paperskater

I will write up a review as soon as I am able. I've been taken down by a rather severe kidney infection, and I think it's going to take me a while to get back in the game (not to mention catch up with all the schoolwork I've missed. Gah!)

So sorry to know you're seriously ill. Be gentle with yourself and take a little more time to get back to normal than you might think is needed. A couple of years ago I was in hospital for 7 days with high fever and kidney involvement and it was several weeks before I began to have my normal self again.

It's a gorgeous bag and I'm sure you will love using it.

Edited by CatBookMom

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paperskater

• professionaldilettante

• French

• mcnoodle

I wonder if Saddleback would sell the backpack straps separately. The straps actually meant for the backpack. They are better-padded, from the looks of things, and contoured like proper backpack straps. That might be the way to go, for those who worry about bruised leather straps. And for those of us who wouldn't mind making the backpack conversion semi-permanent. :)

For what it's worth, they WILL sell backpack straps separately, though they are not listed separately on the website. Just call or email/live chat their customer service folks (who are really great, by the way) and ask. I got a waterbag in DCB and backpack straps with it. I loved it, but ended up returning it, because it was too heavy - I have arthritis in my neck, and the weight was an issue.

I do have a great briefcase from far seer here on FPN which is really awesome. And I have a Medium satchel in tobacco, and a few small things (wallet, etc.) Great stuff, great customer service, etc. :thumbup: I'm planning to get a belt soon.

(Of course the neck arthritis has led me to use my light cork bag lately - bring on the ibuprofen!)

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

I have a lot of their leather. Briefcase, backpack, satchel, pouch, wallets, waterbag, gadget bag, gadget sleeves, coasters, monitor pad, moleskine cover, bible cover, key fobs, belt, and utility straps. You could say I love their stuff. Excellent company all the way around. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for leather. 100yr warranty too. :thumbup:

I just purchased an ID wallet and two luggage tags, they are a great match for my chestnut briefcase. I never thought I would be impressed by a wallet or luggage tag, but, these are nice. I can easily see this wallet being the last one I *need* to buy.

Paperskater, get well soon, don't rush yourself back, your bag will last, take care of your health.

French

I purchased the briefcase thin a few years ago. The quality and toughness is amazing but like others have mentioned, it's heavy. For casual use I think it's overkill and the weight gets burdensome when you are walking about all day. I wound up giving it to a relative.

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.

Paperskater, I hope you recover quickly! ... Come back soon!

If Saddleback would create something like this, I'd be a goner -- and quickly: http://www.levenger.com/Pagetemplates/Product/MorePhotos.asp I have one of these majorca briefbags and I love it. It's one of Levenger's hot sellers for women. However, its only fault is a big one for me: it needs ONE more section for files! When i carry my laptop in it, my files get crushed & bent... The side panel with the organization pockets is awesome. Especially the pen pockets!

I wish Saddleback would create items (totes, handbags) with more pockets. Maybe using the pigskin??

I watched Saddleback's (Suzette's) videos last night, esp. the tote videos. Very nice. But I much prefer a shoulder strap with small grab handles. This would reduce the weight also... Not enough pockets. Sadly, the paucity of pockets in the totes is a deal-breaker for me. I'm obsessive about having organized pockets (rather than having to carry a bunch of smaller "container" items.)

Saddleback: are you listening? I'm ready, waiting, and saving up! puddle.gif

I've got the ID Wallet and large thin briefcase, both in chestnut. Outstanding products that I can't recommend highly enough if they fit what you're looking for.

Cheers

Paperskater, I hope you recover quickly! ... Come back soon!

If Saddleback would create something like this, I'd be a goner -- and quickly: http://www.levenger.com/Pagetemplates/Product/MorePhotos.asp I have one of these majorca briefbags and I love it. It's one of Levenger's hot sellers for women. However, its only fault is a big one for me: it needs ONE more section for files! When i carry my laptop in it, my files get crushed & bent... The side panel with the organization pockets is awesome. Especially the pen pockets!

I wish Saddleback would create items (totes, handbags) with more pockets. Maybe using the pigskin??

I watched Saddleback's (Suzette's) videos last night, esp. the tote videos. Very nice. But I much prefer a shoulder strap with small grab handles. This would reduce the weight also... Not enough pockets. Sadly, the paucity of pockets in the totes is a deal-breaker for me. I'm obsessive about having organized pockets (rather than having to carry a bunch of smaller "container" items.)

Saddleback: are you listening? I'm ready, waiting, and saving up! puddle.gif

I think their whole philosophy is that more pockets = more parts, and thus less durable.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

Fun to read another thread about this company. I visit their site pretty frequently and am just deciding what my first purchase will be. Nothing big - was thinking either the wallet or the notepad portfolio. The photo was very helpful too with the color.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally broke down and bought a large wallet in DCB last year. I usually wear out a wallet every five years or so. After about a year, this thing is only now beginning to get broken in. I have no doubt that it'll outlast me.

I also go to their site quiet often just to window shop and daydream. I'll eventually get a briefcase or satchel, and I have no doubt it'll be the last one I ever own.