What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Can anybody give me the link to the official website of Shanghai Hero Pens?!

This may be the one: http://en.hero.com.cn/

I came across it from several different searches and it looks right too.

Regards,

Richard.

Thank you very much for giving me this information my friend! :)

But almost 70% of this website is written in Chinese! What to do?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try Google translate.

Even if you can't understand all of it, it is very entertaining.

Dave

Can anybody give me the link to the official website of Shanghai Hero Pens?!

This may be the one: http://en.hero.com.cn/

I came across it from several different searches and it looks right too.

Regards,

Richard.

Thank you very much for giving me this information my friend! :)

But almost 70% of this website is written in Chinese! What to do?

I am using this one today. It is very smooth! I just got it from jewelrymathematics on ebay. It is Wing Sung 237 Celluloid Fountain Pen Fine Nib Made in 1996. It is about the size of a Safari. It is the sellers photo.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8094/8384604193_01356744a8.jpg

Edited by pienaar

Do not let old pens lay around in a drawer, get them working and give them to a new fountain pen user.

Still using my Kaigelu 365 with FPN Dumas Tulipe. What a great combination. My other pens are getting jealous as I don't seem to be able to put this one down.

After resisting for quite some time, I just ordered a Jinhao Century. Looking forward to trying this one.

Today it's the Beijing Jinxing A28 ....smooth as silk....

Enjoying it very much...but it annoys me how the pen spilts into 3 sections when you try to unscrew the barrel....

I must sort that one day... :rolleyes:

One of the smoothest nibs I own.... be they Chinese, German, English, blah blah blah

Try Google translate.

Even if you can't understand all of it, it is very entertaining.

Dave

Thank you very much my friend! :thumbup:

Can't we order anything from this website?

Some information about individual products are missing. :(

Edited by Abhyudaya

No I don't think so, just the same as the Parker Web site. You have to buy from retailers. The chances are that if you were able to order direct you'd find the minimum order quantities would be quite high. I have seen the numbers quoted for Huashilai at 1000 pens of each type.. !

Today's pen has been a Kaigelu 356, which so far (approx 9.30pm) hasn't been needed at all today, to my great surprise.

Regards,

Richard

post-95409-0-38173800-1358633208.jpgTodays Chinese pens

Baoer - Kaigelu - Baoer.

Inks - all Diamine. Sapphire Blue, Imperial Purple, Ancient Copper.

Interestingly the Baoer nib units are interchangeable and yet have completely different nibs and feeds and a slightly different shape to the grip section.

Edited by UK Mike

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

post-95409-0-38173800-1358633208.jpgTodays Chinese pens

Baoer - Kaigelu - Baoer.

Inks - all Diamine. Sapphire Blue, Imperial Purple, Ancient Copper.

Interestingly the Baoer nib units are interchangeable and yet have completely different nibs and feeds and a slightly different shape to the grip section.

You know Mike I keep seeing Ancient Copper crop up....and I have been 'put off' by it's bad publicity for being 'poorly behaved'....part of me says I should buy a bottle for that reason alone :roflmho: And I must admit I do like the look of the colour....a lot....

Oh, I digress, today it's the Baoer 79 with Diamine Imperial Purple that has gone strangely dark on me recently...so if someone can do a scan I would be interested to know what it 'should' look like....

And my Beijing Jinxing A28 with Diamine Denim....

In case anyone is wondering why I am not quoting the Dolce-Vita Naranja quite so much....I have taken it out of the rotation to give the other guys in the band a chance to prove their worth :roflmho:

Both todays Boaer and Jinxing.....came up trumps and passed the test... :thumbup:

Edited by 51ISH

post-95409-0-91004600-1358637643.jpg

Imperial Purple from the Kaigelu pen - please excuse the scribble. The colour on my screen matches the ink pretty well for colour balance. Maybe slightly brighter in natural lighting.

I haven't had any problems with Diamine Ancient Copper in Chinese or most European pens, although I did get some serious nib creep on a Parker that then seemed to crystallise on the point of the nib and had to be wiped off before you could write.

It is a very nice colour and at the moment is used for all my diary/journal entries. I love it.

Edited by UK Mike

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

No I don't think so, just the same as the Parker Web site. You have to buy from retailers. The chances are that if you were able to order direct you'd find the minimum order quantities would be quite high. I have seen the numbers quoted for Huashilai at 1000 pens of each type.. !

Today's pen has been a Kaigelu 356, which so far (approx 9.30pm) hasn't been needed at all today, to my great surprise.

Regards,

Richard

Oh I see! Thank you for the information my friend!

But the details about the products are not given in this website (hero pen's website)!

Edited by Abhyudaya

Yesterday I did the brown-paper bag smoothing routine with one of my Hero 329's, with a green body. Today I loaded it with Diamine Emerald, and it's performing like a champ ! Wrote a Thank You note to my Doctor (the note started with Pay To The Order Of_____________). I doubt if he'll be impressed, tho'.

Yesterday I did the brown-paper bag smoothing routine with one of my Hero 329's, with a green body. Today I loaded it with Diamine Emerald, and it's performing like a champ ! Wrote a Thank You note to my Doctor (the note started with Pay To The Order Of_____________). I doubt if he'll be impressed, tho'.

What is "brown-paper bag smoothing routine"?

post-95409-0-91004600-1358637643.jpg

Imperial Purple from the Kaigelu pen - please excuse the scribble. The colour on my screen matches the ink pretty well for colour balance. Maybe slightly brighter in natural lighting.

I haven't had any problems with Diamine Ancient Copper in Chinese or most European pens, although I did get some serious nib creep on a Parker that then seemed to crystallise on the point of the nib and had to be wiped off before you could write.

It is a very nice colour and at the moment is used for all my diary/journal entries. I love it.

Thanks for that Mike....well I think I have got my Imperial Purple mixed up with something else Diamine sent me....what I thought was Imperial Purple started life as a proper 'violet' type purple....and turned into something close to Diamine Damson... :rolleyes:

What is "brown-paper bag smoothing routine"?

It's a very gentle way of polishing the nib of your pen - less abrasive than micro-mesh, or other techniques.

Take care,

J.R.

Today, I smoothed out the nastiest, scratchiest junker of a Hero 616 jumbo nib. It bears the distinction of being the only nib I've ever had to add baby bottom to, now it's as amazingly smooth as these nibs can get.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Using my Jinhao Zhuge Liang, with (politically inappropriate as it might have been at different points...) Iroshizuku Asa-Gao...

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens