• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's pen: Jinhao 159, Kanwrite B nib , Sulekha Fleming orange. Click here for detailed review.

fpn_1477729839__m.jpg

Edited by Sagarb

Sagar Bhowmick

Today I have my charcoal K316.

I have noticed that, after around 6 years of near daily use & huge amounts of idle capping/uncapping, the thread is severely worn. May not have a great deal of life left in it. What a shame.

Regards

Richard.

Today I have my charcoal K316.

I have noticed that, after around 6 years of near daily use & huge amounts of idle capping/uncapping, the thread is severely worn. May not have a great deal of life left in it. What a shame.

Regards

Richard.

That's not a bad return Richard, 6 years of heavy use.

Can a man of your undoubted ability not re-thread it, or do something with the threads.

In saying that....They aren't exactly bank breakers to replace are they. :)

Ian

That's not a bad return Richard, 6 years of heavy use.

Can a man of your undoubted ability not re-thread it, or do something with the threads.

In saying that....They aren't exactly bank breakers to replace are they. :)

Ian

You're not kidding! At today's cost of $19 (without a box). $3.17/yr; $.264/mo. Tis a nice bargain!

Jinhao Li Bai - M. Nib. Chesterfield Antique Shamrock

Kaigelu 316 - M. Nib. Chesterfield Turquoise (I really love this pen! Using my ink well instead of inking the converter)

fpn_1478127790__jinhaolibai.jpg

fpn_1478133508__kaigelu316ink.jpg

Today's pen: Jinhao 159, Kanwrite B nib , Sulekha Fleming orange. Click here for detailed review.

fpn_1477729839__m.jpg

Love the lighting on that shot. Reminds me of early morning meditation.

I have been using a Jinhao 500 which arrived in the post this morning.

http://www.cappuccino.org.uk/images/jinhao500/DSCF0432.png

It cost me £1.30 on ebay and it writes so much better than a pen that costs £1.30 has any right to.

I have been using a Jinhao 500 which arrived in the post this morning.

http://www.cappuccino.org.uk/images/jinhao500/DSCF0432.png

It cost me £1.30 on ebay and it writes so much better than a pen that costs £1.30 has any right to.

I love the 500s Frank

I have a lovely blue one with a fine italic stub nib that is my dedicated Baystate Blue pen and it is a cracking pen.

Great pens the 500s.

Ian

Picasso 915 Eurasian Something, M nib, inked with Diamine Red Dragon

Ian the Jock, I won't send you the bill or sue you for damages. No, I just want to thank you for the inspiration.

Now I fully understand your affection for this wee red pen ;)

Pictures will follow soon.

Practice, patience, perseverance

Ian the Jock, I won't send you the bill or sue you for damages. No, I just want to thank you for the inspiration.

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Saturday (I hope)! Ian has inspired us both. Can't wait to get my hands on this 'wee red pen'. I've order 'a bottle of' Emerald of Chivor just for the occasion :wub:

Pheeeew! :thumbup:

Looking forward to the pics Eli.

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Saturday (I hope)! Ian has inspired us both. Can't wait to get my hands on this 'wee red pen'. I've order 'a bottle of' Emerald of Chivor just for the occasion :wub:

Helen, I've had about 6 different inks in mine already :lol:

I currently have Diamine burgundy rose in it, but as soon as it's empty I have a new bottle of crimson sitting waiting, and I've also ordered a bottle of shimmer red lustre, which I think will be very nice if the shimmer blue pearl is anything to go go by.

Ian

Jinhao x450 blue twist w/ Pelikan blue-black - it's stunning, it writes well and it can handle blbk for crying out loud! What a pen, man. What a pen.

Also grabbed my Jinhao 8812 in 'rosewood', which has been sorely under-utilized as of late. I'm not sure I like Diamine saddle brown in pens with relatively wide (aka medium) nibs, but the pen as such is an absolute darling.

/EDIT: oh wow. Concerning that 8812: decided to try and put some guitar cleaning fluid on the wooden part, because I had it standing around and it's 4 AM, which means that this seemed like an awesome idea. And honestly, it kind of was. Probably wouldn't try that with an expensive pen, though. Anyway, the pen is now 200% prettier. The wood looks more vibrant, the texture stands out more and it's got an almost tiger's eye-like look to it, like it usually only had in direct sunlight. 10/10 would do that again.

Edited by Guardy