What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Having trouble locating the Crocodile 806. Currently looking on Ebay China. I do see the Crocodile Celluloid, and own the grey one. Is the Celluloid an 806?

Yes, I believe so.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone tell me if the clip on the Crocodile celluloid is easily removable ?

I have one model of the Jinhao Century which looks almost identical to the Crocodile

where the filial unscrewed and I was able to remove the clip without any problem.

I was wondering if this is true of the Crocodile 806 as well.

I have one model of the Jinhao Century which looks almost identical to the Crocodile

where the filial unscrewed and I was able to remove the clip without any problem.

I am not finding easy to unscrew. I know I would love to purchase a different clip.

Duke 552 Bamboo - M. Nib. Private Reserve Tanzanitefpn_1477251446__dukebamboo.jpg

this barrel looks nice... I wonder how much is comfortable while writing as I see huge step down...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Yes, I was able to unscrew the top part of the cap and remove the clip. I was hoping that a clip from a Jinhao 159 would fit but the clip's opening was too small.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I've experienced 4 of the Crocodile 806's now, and on only one have I been able to unscrew the cap finial. I suspect they must use a thread lock or sealant, and forgot on the one where it's possible to unscrew the finial.

The configuration control during manufacture is not good. These are the things I have noticed:

1. Very Dark 'Grey' version. Brass 'c' liner in barrel. Gold thread insert. Printed 'A' on the barrel finial. 2.5mm shorter when posted than the rest.
  2. Light Grey version (daughter's). No barrel liner. Black thread insert. Crocodile logo printed on the cap lip. No 'A' on end of barrel finial. Cap finial can be unscrewed.
  3. Blue version: No barrel liner, black thread insert, no printing anywhere.
  4. My light grey version. No barrel liner, gold thread insert, no printing anywhere

To find some C806's how about looking at 'yougainmore's Ebay UK shop here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/YouGainMore/Crocodile-/_i.html?_fsub=6082680015&_sid=149633275&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 . Who knows, with it being priced in pounds, non UK buyers may find the prices quite good.

Regards,

Richard.

this barrel looks nice... I wonder how much is comfortable while writing as I see huge step down...

The step down on this pen is so smooth that I have had no problems. Normally I hold my pens further down on the section, however, with this pen I hold it right at the step down. I will say that this is not the pen I do extensive writing with, but will use for writing shorter teaching projects or letters home. Now the step down on the Metropolitan gives me a lot of problems. I have seen many pens with sharper step downs than this Duke pen. Closer snap of the step down. Hope this helps?

fpn_1477479135__duke552bamboostepdownb.j

Ian what are your thoughts on the Picasso 901 - golden 'Amorous Feeling of Paris' - M. Nib? I don't normally like a thinner pen, even though my hands are relatively small. They say the diameter is approx. 10 mm & the weight is 31g..

It's a nice pen Helen.

It looks similar in dimension to my Flower King, which is, although slimmish, it's comfortable to use and has a bit of weight to it.

I've put the Flower King next to a Kaigelu 368 to give you an idea of the size you're looking at.

I've found that both of my Picassos are exceptionally well made, write beautifully and are very pleasing on the eye. and yes!, I do have my eye on a few others. :D

fpn_1477579846__z_368_v_fk.jpg

Hope this helps Helen.

Ian

It's a nice pen Helen.

It looks similar in dimension to my Flower King, which is, although slimmish, it's comfortable to use and has a bit of weight to it.

I've put the Flower King next to a Kaigelu 368 to give you an idea of the size you're looking at.

I've found that both of my Picassos are exceptionally well made, write beautifully and are very pleasing on the eye. and yes!, I do have my eye on a few others. :D

fpn_1477579846__z_368_v_fk.jpg

Hope this helps Helen.

Ian

Yes that snap helps! Thank you so very much Ian. I'm going to purchase the Picasso 901. Now what Picasso do you have in mind to add to your collection??

In the meanwhile, a 915 has been ordered and sent. Have I said you're a great enabler?

Practice, patience, perseverance

Yes that snap helps! Thank you so very much Ian. I'm going to purchase the Picasso 901. Now what Picasso do you have in mind to add to your collection??

Ooooh! Now Helen.

I'd like another Flower King in red.

A 917 Feeling of Rome (I like the look of the inbuilt nib) black and gold.

A 999 just because I like the look of it, as it is gorgeous.

A 902 in Carnelian red........mmm lovely.

and another 915, but I'm not sure which one...ok, maybe both. :D

In the meanwhile, a 915 has been ordered and sent. Have I said you're a great enabler?

Oh No!

What happens if you get it and think it's rubbish? :(

I shall keep my fingers crossed. :lol:

Ian

Actually he is a 'treasured enabler' -_-

Oh No!

What happens if you get it and think it's rubbish? :(

I shall keep my fingers crossed. :lol:

Ian

Let's wait and see. And hope ;)

Actually he is a 'treasured enabler' -_-

Oh yes! :thumbup:

Practice, patience, perseverance

Jinhao 599A - M. Nib & a cuppa! Chesterfield Smoked Topazfpn_1477670398__jinhao599a.jpg

Nice shot Helen.

I'd take the ink, and the mug, and also the tea..... ;)

Ian