What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

inked up for rotation today is my Rainbow 302 ( Mint ) , and Wing Sung 703 ( Black )

Edited by Mech-for-i

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lanbitou 615 Navy and silver inked with D. Midnight

Baoer 501 orange inked with D. Pumpkin

Delike Alpha inked with Koh-i-Noor permanent black

inked up for rotation today is my Rainbow 302 ( Mint ) , and Wing Sung 703 ( Black )

Some images for Rainbow 302, if you can .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Wing Sung 613

Wing Sung 613 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 14,5 cm ,

Filling System - It is C/C ,

Color - Plastic barrel in light blue , a steel cap , and a light blue plastic section .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-59299800-1512802578_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Well....Three months ago I bought a Wing Sung 6359 (the Lamy AL clone), with an EF nib and it was perfect. Nib, Flow, everything. Aesthetically the same as the AL, but with Wing Sung on the barrel flat where the Lamy logo normally is.

I was so impressed, I decided to order four more in different colours, but from a different seller. They arrived an hour ago.

Goodness gracious me...would you believe it, they're fakes.

Someone in China is ripping off a $3 pen and selling it for half that price. The cap filial is different, the nib is different and there is no Wing Sung engraving on the barrel, in fact no Wing Sung identification anywhere.

Three nibs are fine, and write tolerably well, but the fourth nib is unusable, made of superthin metal that flexes even exposed to a draft, with tines aligned like Quasimodo's teeth, but It is sharp enough to be used in self defence.

Those that know me are aware of my penchant for a Chinese bargain, and I have had some real finds over the years, but these beauties take the biscuit.

Would it be worth putting some comparison photos up tomorrow for everyone?

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.

Someone in China is ripping off a $3 pen and selling it for half that price. The cap filial is different, the nib is different and there is no Wing Sung engraving on the barrel, in fact no Wing Sung identification anywhere.

I had the same thing happen, except it was on my first order for these. Like you the only markings on the pen are the 'EF' letters on the nib. The seller gave me a full refund of course.

It was the first new pen I received with a dent on the cap. Then the performance was indeed horrendous. It does write ok right after pushing the tines back against the feed but sometimes I feel they spring back away while capped leading to a leaky tip.

One giveaway on these sellers is that the pictures are photoshopped, badly, with the markings sort of removed. They also have pictures of 3 different models: the fakes, the Wing Sungs and the Lamys. So buyer beware, and make sure you ask for a refund when you get fakes. They should not profit from this.

I ordered a Shulong 675 a few months ago and go a Huashilai A053. Since the pen was not bad and the seller very apologetic, I only asked for a partial refund. Keep in mind that the sellers themselves can get the wrong inventory from their suppliers.

Rainbow 201

Rainbow 201 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 14,5 cm ,

Filling System - It is aerometric ,

Color - Plastic barrel in burgundy red and metal cap , with a burgundy red plastic section, with a ink widow .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Brilliant Red .

post-134601-0-49263700-1513157262_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

I have a lot of pens in use today :

Delike Alpha inked with Koh-i-noor permanent black

Lanbitou 615 inked with D. Midnight

Red Baoer 517 inked with D. Blood Orange

Orange Baoer 501 inked with D. Pumpkin

Baoer 701 inked with D. Sherwood Green

and this

24166663527_f629ded6e2.jpg

Unknown Baoer by Richila, on Flickr

inked with Ancient Copper

Does anyone know what model number this is?

Have my Jinhao 250 and 301 inked up. I can't post pictures until I figure out this site's weird way to add pictures. Hopefully, when my Picasso 316 and my Jinhao Cloisonne pen come I can post those pictures successfully. I can't wait to get them. I got the 316 for 12.99 and the Jinhao for 2.63 plus a 10% off coupon so the whole order (plus a Wingsung 3008) was 16 dollars. I got an Amazon $10 gift card and I need to find some Chinese pen to get. Amazon has slightly higher prices but if you are using a gift card it evens out.

Edited by llmarmalade

Have a look at the Picasso 917.

In the flesh it is a stunner, and writes beautifully.

Ian

So far I am really liking my new first China pens... A set of JinHao X250's. I had to reset/tighten up the nib/feed on one due to leaking... But no new leaking since I did that 24 hours ago and have had laying on its side...

Have my Jinhao 250 and 301 inked up. I can't post pictures until I figure out this site's weird way to add pictures. Hopefully, when my Picasso 316 and my Jinhao Cloisonne pen come I can post those pictures successfully. I can't wait to get them. I got the 316 for 12.99 and the Jinhao for 2.63 plus a 10% off coupon so the whole order (plus a Wingsung 3008) was 16 dollars. I got an Amazon $10 gift card and I need to find some Chinese pen to get. Amazon has slightly higher prices but if you are using a gift card it evens out.

If you want to buy the Best Jinhao buy an Abalone which is the best looking pen you will see on ebay,Trust Me, Oneill I have three of them

Vintage chinese pens, probably from the 1980s but both in excellent condition with not sign of corrosion whatsoever. The clear sacs where kind of 'dusty' inside and it's pretty clear that they have been in storage for a long long long time and never inked.

The slim one is a Hero 443 with an interesting flat design nib but a nail and with lots of feedback. The filling system is not working too well and only sucks 0.4mL of ink, most of it stays in the section and never reaches the sack.

The oversize one is a Hero - Yangtze with a good sized medium nib, but very boring and stiff. The aerometric style filler is the same color as the nib and quite large but also works well: it fill all the way to the end of the breather tube. The cap posts very securely and deeply which means it is not ridiculously big while writing and fairly balanced.

fpn_1513321698__img_3298.jpg

fpn_1513321738__img_3299.jpg

I'll keep the oversize pen because, well I like oversize pens, but I might try a nicer Jinhao nib on it if I can pull the current one. The 443 will probably enter my shirt pocket pen rotation for a while since it writes well enough and has a spring loaded clip.

Vintage chinese pens, probably from the 1980s but both in excellent condition with not sign of corrosion whatsoever. The clear sacs where kind of 'dusty' inside and it's pretty clear that they have been in storage for a long long long time and never inked.

The slim one is a Hero 443 with an interesting flat design nib but a nail and with lots of feedback. The filling system is not working too well and only sucks 0.4mL of ink, most of it stays in the section and never reaches the sack.

The oversize one is a Hero - Yangtze with a good sized medium nib, but very boring and stiff. The aerometric style filler is the same color as the nib and quite large but also works well: it fill all the way to the end of the breather tube. The cap posts very securely and deeply which means it is not ridiculously big while writing and fairly balanced.

fpn_1513321698__img_3298.jpg

fpn_1513321738__img_3299.jpg

I'll keep the oversize pen because, well I like oversize pens, but I might try a nicer Jinhao nib on it if I can pull the current one. The 443 will probably enter my shirt pocket pen rotation for a while since it writes well enough and has a spring loaded clip.

Hi Sodul

It has been established previously that the oversize pen isn't by Hero.

Yangtze is the maker and it is the 90 size pen, produced for drawing with, and now known as the Yangtze 90.

I have the same pen, but with a blue stone.

I find it to be lovely, wet and broad, and have mine inked with Noodlers Monkey Hanger which shades like nobodys business with the wet nib, and matches the stone perfectly.

I agree, it's a far better pen than the Wing Sung 590 and posts a lot deeper making it a far more acceptable, and useable size when posted.

It's great for colouring in. :lol:

Ian

Hi Sodul

It has been established previously that the oversize pen isn't by Hero.

Yangtze is the maker and it is the 90 size pen, produced for drawing with, and now known as the Yangtze 90.

I have the same pen, but with a blue stone.

I find it to be lovely, wet and broad, and have mine inked with Noodlers Monkey Hanger which shades like nobodys business with the wet nib, and matches the stone perfectly.

I agree, it's a far better pen than the Wing Sung 590 and posts a lot deeper making it a far more acceptable, and useable size when posted.

It's great for colouring in. laugh.png

Ian

Ian,

Yangtze, or more accurately "Changjiang", was a product of the Hefei Pen Factory who used several different brands. I feel sure it started as Golden Horse Pens who moved to Hefei from its original home of Shanghai, and the firm closed down some time in 2002 or thereabout. Any claim that it's a Hero product would be spurious.

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

Thanks Seele

Mech had explained that it wasn't a Hero pen, but I wasn't sure of the actual ins and outs of the manufacturer.

I really like this pen.

It's a constant among my "work" pens, used on a daily basis.

Ian