What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

A Jinhao X450 in black, with Parker Black.

I cannot understand how they can make such a good quality durable item for so little money.

BECAUSE THEY ARE CLEVER. Buy lots of both Jinhao and Baoer which is made by the same company. I have a large collection of some of their oldest pens which included some very well known Saints in great presentation Boxes for very little cost.Trust me .oneill

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jinhao x750 Shimmering Sands finish inked up with Sailor yama-dori (the amazing teal color). I figure if I can't afford a raden finish, I'll enjoy the holographic glitter. This pen writes so, so much better than I was expecting!

The second one is a Jinhao 1200 with a gaudy dragon clip and finished inked up with Noodler's Dragon's Napalm. I'm usually not one for flashy pens, but for some inexplicable reason, I love this pen, and pairing it up with a dragon-themed ink seemed punny (penny?) to me. It was perfect for watching the season finale of Game of Thrones.

Guess what , another weekend and another typhoon coming .. we have three in two weeks so I just sit around doing all the paper work I've backlogged with my Penton F20 Limited Edition " Permanent Black " inked with J.Herbin Lie de thé ; this is the only time I've got a limited edition that's cheaper than the normal production model

TB2auidAbBnpuFjSZFGXXX51pXa_!!96979474.j

Pic courtesy of Taobao

BECAUSE THEY ARE CLEVER. Buy lots of both Jinhao and Baoer which is made by the same company. I have a large collection of some of their oldest pens which included some very well known Saints in great presentation Boxes for very little cost.Trust me .oneill

Show us some of your pens Oneill, go on,

We'd love to see them. ;)

Especially the ones not around any more.

Ian

Speeking of Chinese pens, that are no longer on the market, there is one .

JinRong 298 - 2

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius
I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Speeking of Chinese pens, that are no longer on the market, there is one .

JinRong 298 - 2

JinRong 298 - 2 - It is a Fountain Pen with a semi hooded nib .

Length 13 cm ,

Filling System - It is aerometric ,

Color - Black metal barrel , black metal cap , with a black plastic section .

Nib - A fine semi hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-01962300-1504431542_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

This Baoer 701 arrived with the nib slightly off center. I put it away for a while, and have finally coaxed it into the proper alignment. Thanks to Richila for recommending this great pen. As she says, very smooth.post-135679-0-02742800-1504466762_thumb.jpg

Even though it is 95 degrees F outside with 15% humidity, I inked up one of my Picassos. Most of my Chinese pens do not like living in the high desert. They prefer humidity to operate at peak efficiency. But my bright red Picasso Montmartre beckoned. I inked up with one of my most lubricating inks, DeAtramentis Edgar Allen Poe - a lovely mysterious dark green.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Today I used my Loiminchay Xingshu Script Calligraphy II fountain pen along with Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo ink.

IMG_8553.JPG

cksmy

You need to stop this. :D

Your pen is just stunning, and every time I look at it, it gets more beautiful.

A Hero 616 it is not :D

I saw a red, white and black Loiminchay a while back and thought oooh, I do like that, and being Chinese I also thought that it may be reasonably priced.

And went on the hunt.

GULP! and we'll leave it at that.

I'm looking forward to the next page of your writings, it has the makings of a Mills & Boon, but written with a far better pen of course.

Thanks for showing us your beautiful pen again, looking at it it on a regular basis has become part of my daily routine. :)

Ian

This Baoer 701 arrived with the nib slightly off center. I put it away for a while, and have finally coaxed it into the proper alignment. Thanks to Richila for recommending this great pen. As she says, very smooth. IMG_2773.JPG

Yip, I agree, very smooth, although I have the open nib version, which was excellent straight out of the box (padded packet).

A nice pen all round.

Ian

Even though it is 95 degrees F outside with 15% humidity, I inked up one of my Picassos. Most of my Chinese pens do not like living in the high desert. They prefer humidity to operate at peak efficiency. But my bright red Picasso Montmartre beckoned. I inked up with one of my most lubricating inks, DeAtramentis Edgar Allen Poe - a lovely mysterious dark green.

95 degrees... What's that? :D

It was quite warm here yesterday in The Land of the Badger Handbag, to the point when the mercury reached a whopping 55 degrees and I had to take off my parka.

People were running around in vests, and shorts, smothering themselves in chip fat.

I don't think fountain pens and chip fat is a good combination. :D

Sorry, kinda got sidetracked there.

Picasso, high temperature, mad humidity,

So how does it run?

Ian

@mech-for-i

I didn't know that Penton makes pens which are not demonstrators. First time that I see. Where did you get such pens? Taobao?

@mech-for-i

I didn't know that Penton makes pens which are not demonstrators. First time that I see. Where did you get such pens? Taobao?

Taobao for sure, but I've seen them also on AliExpress and a couple of time on eBay ; if you click on the photo on the post I've made it will take you to the Taobao item page. The description state a thousand piece was batch produced and that's it , my understanding is that a single batch of 1000 pieces each for each color and model combo ( 7 colors, for both models F19 and F20 ). I do think there were previous non demonstrator from Penton ( before they are known by this name ), I just forget what model it was, but its an old model that are no longer cataloged.

This latest , though is kind of interesting as its not just a re-do on the color, its got a different material used on the barrel, cap and finales. On the F20 I've shown, they have also redo the clip and cap band totally, the cap band now comprise of the threads that engage the pen and there is a bulged ring of material on top of the band position ( the ring itself is another part friction fitted onto the cap ). This is also true for the F19 cap. I've got myself an extra and swap that solid color finale and the new clip onto my smoke gray demonstrator and I think it really made it much classier and a beau to have.

95 degrees... What's that? :D

It was quite warm here yesterday in The Land of the Badger Handbag, to the point when the mercury reached a whopping 55 degrees and I had to take off my parka.

People were running around in vests, and shorts, smothering themselves in chip fat.

I don't think fountain pens and chip fat is a good combination. :D

Sorry, kinda got sidetracked there.

Picasso, high temperature, mad humidity,

So how does it run?

Ian

Ahhh . . . Scotland . . . the land of my mother's family . . . and a land on my bucket list. Right now, it sounds heavenly. We are having unseasonably hot weather here in Reno, Nevada - yesterday 103 deg. F. And it is very dry. Yesterday's humidity was 10%. Dry heat, indeed! At least we aren't having thunderstorms which spark brushfires.

But even with the dry weather, my little Picasso is chugging away - as long as I have a fairly long writing session with it. If I let it go a day or two, we will have dry starts again. But with this dry weather, even my trusty Jinhao FPs are struggling.

Oh, yes! Thank you for the lovely checkerboard Jinhao 450 with your custom stub nib grind. It writes very nicely. amberleadavis sent it to me as part of pen, ink and paper pif. Good luck in your new profession of Nibmeister!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Ahhh . . . Scotland . . . the land of my mother's family . . . and a land on my bucket list. Right now, it sounds heavenly. We are having unseasonably hot weather here in Reno, Nevada - yesterday 103 deg. F. And it is very dry. Yesterday's humidity was 10%. Dry heat, indeed! At least we aren't having thunderstorms which spark brushfires.

But even with the dry weather, my little Picasso is chugging away - as long as I have a fairly long writing session with it. If I let it go a day or two, we will have dry starts again. But with this dry weather, even my trusty Jinhao FPs are struggling.

Oh, yes! Thank you for the lovely checkerboard Jinhao 450 with your custom stub nib grind. It writes very nicely. amberleadavis sent it to me as part of pen, ink and paper pif. Good luck in your new profession of Nibmeister!

Nibmeister!!! Hahaha.

Thanks, but I'd be too frightened to attempt anything on an expensive pen or nib, especially if it was someone elses. :D

In saying that, the process would be the same regardless of the value, but I think I'll stick to tinkering for the time being.

Ian

This Baoer 701 arrived with the nib slightly off center. I put it away for a while, and have finally coaxed it into the proper alignment. Thanks to Richila for recommending this great pen. As she says, very smooth.attachicon.gifIMG_2773.JPG

You are welcome! I had to buy one for my husband to get mine back. :D

Wing Sung 812

Wing Sung 812 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Color - Golden metal cap and Barrel , with a black plastic section .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

post-134601-0-06535000-1504699350_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Wing Sung 730

Wing Sung 730 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Color - Golden metal cap , with a black plastic Barrel and a black plastic section .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

post-134601-0-07592000-1504868803_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

My Duke 370 ran out of ink so I decided to rest it for a while and I have now inked my Hero 700. I usually prefer a medium nib but the fine 12K (I think) nib on this pen is a nice smooth writer. I think the gold and silver trim suits the pen and is just about the right amount of bling for my tastes.

http://www.cappuccino.org.uk/images/Hero/Hero700.png