What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Jinhao X450 - Huashilai Med. Nib. Diamine Sherwood Green. Along with the Huashilai 3000 - inked with Chesterfield Antique Mariner, I have added the Jinhao,fpn_1476903630__jinhaox450gold.jpg

fpn_1476903697__jinhaox450goldsample.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Earlier today I used my new Kaigelu 316 - white & black veined. Diamine Syrah

This evening I finished up using my Kaigelu 368. Chesterfield Emeraldfpn_1477059376__kaigelu316white-blackvei

fpn_1477102653__kaigelu368greenc.jpg

fpn_1477103630__kaigelu368greensample.jp

Duke 552 Bamboo - M. Nib. Private Reserve Tanzanitefpn_1477251446__dukebamboo.jpg

Very nice Helen, I do like that Duke bamboo.

I've gone down a similar route today with the Jinhao 8812 "Wood" inked with (appropriately autumnal) diamine saddle brown.

That Private Reserve tanzanite looks brilliant too.

I've had a look into getting some Private Reserve inks, especially DC Supershow blue, but there are a few I'd like to get my mitts on.

My two are my very dark Crocodile 806 'Grey' and the lighter one (identical to my daughter's except for gold thread insert) that arrived in the post on Saturday. Very nice pens.

Regards,

Richard

Yeah, I like the look of those too Richard.

The "Santa list" is growing by the hour.

Ian

Writing mine at the moment...

Not many pens on it yet because I feel too much of a cheapskate to ask for anything as expensive as a K316 & I have most of the cheaper pens I think are worth trying.

Regards,

Richard.

Writing mine at the moment...

Not many pens on it yet because I feel too much of a cheapskate to ask for anything as expensive as a K316 & I have most of the cheaper pens I think are worth trying.

Regards,

Richard.

Laura has said she wants to get me a "good pen" for Christmas, but it'll take me a while to decide on which good pen, or maybe several less expensive good pens.

At the minute I have it narrowed down to a Waterman Perspective, Delta federico, Aurora Tu or 5 or 6 "upper" Chinese pens.

IT'S A TOUGHIE.

Ian

Ian, the Federico sounds sweet. Or -- the great land of India.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Ian, the Federico sounds sweet. Or -- the great land of India.

I know Bob, not only does Delta dolcevita federico media Red Devil gt (with a stub nib) sound sensational, it looks incredible as well...a real stunner.

The Indian pen that's been on the back burner is a separate gig Bob.

I still have plans for that urushi red, and a wee bit of your Cumberland.:)

Very nice Helen, I do like that Duke bamboo.

I've gone down a similar route today with the Jinhao 8812 "Wood" inked with (appropriately autumnal) diamine saddle brown.

That Private Reserve tanzanite looks brilliant too.

I've had a look into getting some Private Reserve inks, especially DC Supershow blue, but there are a few I'd like to get my mitts on.

The Duke Bamboo is a smooth writer and a nice pen. I feel I need to put it in rotation more often. The Jinhao 8812 is (for the price) surprisingly a pretty smooth writer. I purchased one back in the spring. Using approx. 15 pens/month, it takes me about 9-10 months to use them all. Still waiting for the Picasso to arrive. It appears it has not left China yet :wacko: :wacko: I am thoroughly enjoying my new Kaigelu 316--white/black veined. I could not be more pleased--even though it is not a 1.1 stub nib. :)

I have the white 316 too Helen, and I love it to bits.

The nib on mine is soooooo good, I wouldn't dream of changing it.

I hope you get your Picasso soon.

I'm really impressed with mine, and can't help lifting it just to look at it and have a wee feel of it, and that's before writing with it.

Some of these Chinese pens are just unbelievably good.

Ian

I'm really impressed with mine, and can't help lifting it just to look at it and have a wee feel of it, and that's before writing with it.

Ian

You're a great enabler, Ian - I didn't care much for Picasso pens, but after seeing your samples, I'd like to try one. Red Devil looks tempting, but having a Federico already, I'm thinking of another Delta - a bicolor Journal Oversize. With a stub nib, of course.

Edited by eliweisz

Practice, patience, perseverance

You're a great enabler, Ian - I didn't care much for Picasso pens, but after seeing your samples, I'd like to try one. Red Devil looks tempting, but having a Federico already, I'm thinking of another Delta - a bicolor Journal Oversize. With a stub nib, of course.

Hahaha I don't enable intentionally, but I do tend to get a bit enthusiastic with pens that I like.

The Picasso 915 is a splendid piece Eli.

My other Picasso is a lot slimmer and understated, but the 915 is a knockout, and has a quality feel about it.

It writes lovely and wet, almost like a broad, and the nib is a monster.

I noticed that you had got yourself a federico, and was suitably impressed.

I've been studying them for months, and have changed my intended choice about 6 times. The Arabian day/night is stunning in both trims, and I have a thing for red marbly stuff, and there are quite a few different red feds to pickle my brain on, although I keep going back to the red devil.

An oversize Journal.... Yes please.

I have the standard Journal in blue with a broad nib and it is magical.

The nib on the Picasso is, believe it or not, bigger than the the nib on the Journal and is equally smooth....sorry!

There I go again. :)

Ian

I have the standard Journal in blue with a broad nib and it is magical.

The nib on the Picasso is, believe it or not, bigger than the the nib on the Journal and is equally smooth....sorry!

There I go again. :)

Ian

So the Picasso goes first. Thanks for the heads up ;)

Practice, patience, perseverance

My two are my very dark Crocodile 806 'Grey' and the lighter one (identical to my daughter's except for gold thread insert) that arrived in the post on Saturday. Very nice pens.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks to you, my Christmas pen, Crocodile 806 in orange, has been ordered.

Today I am using Jinhao 159, Baoer 68, 051, 517, 79.

Edited by richila

Ianhttps://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/213164-what-chinese-pens-are-you-using-today/page-148

Ian what are your thoughts on the Picasso 901 - golden 'Amorous Feeling of Paris' - M. Nib? I don't normally like a thinner pen, even though my hands are relatively small. They say the diameter is approx. 10 mm & the weight is 31g..

Thanks to you, my Christmas pen, Crocodile 806 in orange, has been ordered.

Having trouble locating the Crocodile 806. Currently looking on Ebay China. I do see the Crocodile Celluloid, and own the grey one. Is the Celluloid an 806?