Nakaya Blue Dragon

TDL

My Tame Sukashi "Seiryu" 青龍 Blue Dragon pen from Nakaya is in my hands at last. Order was placed with CFP Nibs.com way back in August. John Mottishaw has created a nice Cursive Italic from a Broad nib for me.

Clearly more of a Blue-Green Dragon, but wonderful nonetheless. :)

Here are a few quick pictures, but taken with a smnartphone rather than a real camera.

The pen is a cigar with the Ruthenium nib. I have included one pricture with a Long Piccolo Black Urushi for size comparison.

My apologies for the picture quality.

post-73703-0-06214700-1326209079.jpg

post-73703-0-64193600-1326209123.jpg

post-73703-0-74954300-1326209104.jpg

post-73703-0-91694300-1326209255.jpg

Edited by TDL

The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? 42 or Good fountain pens and Ink?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TDL

• schadowrider

• Josey

• pecolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, the eyes just "pop"!

What a perfect way to welcome in the Chinese New Year of the Water Dragon! :thumbup:

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Congrats -- absolutely beautiful!

Mine (on a Neo) just arrived -- I hope to ink it up and also get some pics to post later today. Agreed on the color: I was expecting more blue, but it's absolutely wonderful as a blue-green -- I think it's actually a better color than I had in mind.

The artwork on my Neo is much more sub-dued than yours (not in a bad way -- just different), although I understand that the artwork "emerges" over time with use. Did the flash bring out more of the artwork, or is that how it looks in natural light?

Again -- congrats! :thumbup:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg (member since 8/28/10) Current pens:fpn_1314757310__pen_logo_collage_083011_450_hr.jpg

Congrats -- absolutely beautiful!

Mine (on a Neo) just arrived -- I hope to ink it up and also get some pics to post later today. Agreed on the color: I was expecting more blue, but it's absolutely wonderful as a blue-green -- I think it's actually a better color than I had in mind.

The artwork on my Neo is much more sub-dued than yours (not in a bad way -- just different), although I understand that the artwork "emerges" over time with use. Did the flash bring out more of the artwork, or is that how it looks in natural light?

Again -- congrats! :thumbup:

The flash certainly makes the art work stand out more. In the "real world" the pen appears very much more subtle on the eye.

I hope you enjoy your Dragon and I look forwards to comparing pictures.

I have Iroshizuku Tsyki-yo loaded at the moment. Which Ink do you plan for first use?

The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? 42 or Good fountain pens and Ink?

I glanced at the first photo and almost didn't go forward to the second-that would have been big mistake. I am having a hard time imagining the method of getting that appearance. To my eye it is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Okay -- so I'm having an impossible time getting a picture without glare that also allows the artwork to show through; everything I've taken just absolutely does NOT represent how beautiful this pen is. The one below is the only one that's even close to being in the ballpark, and it's a stretch at that. I'll try some with softer lighting later in the week.

Anyway. I love the unbroken lines of your clipless cigar. But I really wanted a Neo, and they simply would not do it clipless so I went for it with the clip -- and I'm thrilled with how well they placed the Rhodium clip opposite the artwork. And even though I'm having a hard time getting a pic to capture it, the subtly of the dragon is fantastic in "real life", with a nice elegance to it. Lastly, I really like the shape of the Neo -- it's a great complement to my Long Piccolo (and pretty much the same length).

Hope to ink it tomorrow -- haven't decided on a blue ink for it yet!

fpn_1326249145__blue_dragon_close_up_of_cap.jpg

Edited by schadowrider
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg (member since 8/28/10) Current pens:fpn_1314757310__pen_logo_collage_083011_450_hr.jpg

Absolutely beautiful pen.

The artisans at Nakaya do incredible work.

Enjoy your new work of art.

Inked

Beautiful! Hope to one day have my own Nakaya.

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” - Jack Layton.

*Keels over*

Wow... those dragons are GORGEOUS! They sure do shake my resolve to enjoy my Nakayas without adding another. ("Just... stop it. Stop it.") <--My struggle.

Man... so beautiful. You both must be so pleased.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

*Keels over*

Wow... those dragons are GORGEOUS! They sure do shake my resolve to enjoy my Nakayas without adding another. ("Just... stop it. Stop it.") <--My struggle.

Man... so beautiful. You both must be so pleased.

I am delighted. Hope your "resolve" moves in the direction you want. ;)

I don't see how I can not join this club puddle.gif What an absolutely amazing piece of art, and a nice pen to boot. Thanks for the pictures.

Michael B

I don't see how I can not join this club puddle.gif What an absolutely amazing piece of art, and a nice pen to boot. Thanks for the pictures.

Michael B

It is also a pleasure to write with the Nakaya pens, especially after John at CFP has fashioned a wonderful cursive italic nib.

TDL and Schadowrider - thank you for sharing photos of your beautiful pens! May I please ask how long did it take for your pens to arrive? Thanks!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

TDL and Schadowrider - thank you for sharing photos of your beautiful pens! May I please ask how long did it take for your pens to arrive? Thanks!

fuchsiaprincess - I ordered the pen on August 10, 2011 from CFP (nibs.com) and it arrived at my London home with a customised nib by John Mottishaw on January 5, 2012. A long time, but well worth the wait.

fuchsiaprincess - I ordered the pen on August 10, 2011 from CFP (nibs.com) and it arrived at my London home with a customised nib by John Mottishaw on January 5, 2012. A long time, but well worth the wait.

Wow!! That is a long wait indeed….. but you are absolutely right - well worth the wait :thumbup: Just not sure whether I possess that kind of patience!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif