Pay It Forward 2012

in the flow

New PIF - Guanleming 956 Fountain Pen Fine Nib

fpn_1351795567__pict0001.jpg

I would like this to go to a relative FP newbie so please don't apply if you've already requested one of my PIFs before.

I will send Worldwide and will pick the "winner" next week.

Thanks for looking!!

I've now got another of these to PIF, who's interested?

Winners:- Harlequin and invisiblehats PM me with your addresses.

The one with the slightly damaged nib is still up for grabs!

Oh, thank you so much! I am so excited for the pen.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• zoniguana

• Chrissy

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you too!!! :D

P.S. I love your sig. It's a hard way to live, but once you've started there's nothing like it, eh? :clap1:

Not really a scribe, more of a Pharisee...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

-- Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Well, I am not new to FPN but have decided to write more with a FP. That pen looks nice, looks like it has some heft and probably has nice balance. I'd like to add my name to the hat, but if it does go to someone else, I hope it does get used. I live in Northern Colorado and use my Monte Verde FP every day with Noodlers ink. Some people act as if they have not ever seen a fountain pen before ... too funny

Christian, American, Conservative, Son, Brother, Husband, Father, devastatingly handsome pickup man blessed by God (I don't know why)

Hello again! As I was giving my desk a much-needed cleaning I came across some more items I'm not interested in keeping. I'll get rid of more later, but for now I'm PIF'ing a silver Ohto Dude.

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/037/37711.jpg

The pen is in great condition, practically unused, with a lovely smooth nib. Its a cartridge/converter and I'll send it with one of each. Unfortunately even though its advertised as a fine it writes a medium line at best. This is far too wide for my minuscule handwriting so I'm going to PIF to someone who needs it. I would prefer it goes to someone who is new to FPs, or otherwise wouldn't be able to afford a new pen. If you're outside North America I may need to ask for a bit of help with shipping depending on your location.

I'll pick someone randomly using the random number generator at random.org. Due to the holidays I'll probably keep this going for a week or so, so everyone has a chance to see and enter for it.

Christian, American, Conservative, son, brother, husband, father, devistatingly handsome pick up man blessed by God (I don't know why)

Hello again! As I was giving my desk a much-needed cleaning I came across some more items I'm not interested in keeping. I'll get rid of more later, but for now I'm PIF'ing a silver Ohto Dude.

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/037/37711.jpg

The pen is in great condition, practically unused, with a lovely smooth nib. Its a cartridge/converter and I'll send it with one of each. Unfortunately even though its advertised as a fine it writes a medium line at best. This is far too wide for my minuscule handwriting so I'm going to PIF to someone who needs it. I would prefer it goes to someone who is new to FPs, or otherwise wouldn't be able to afford a new pen. If you're outside North America I may need to ask for a bit of help with shipping depending on your location.

I'll pick someone randomly using the random number generator at random.org. Due to the holidays I'll probably keep this going for a week or so, so everyone has a chance to see and enter for it.

Sent you a PM on this K. Cakes! Hope you are having a Merry Christmas and look forward to your response.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have finally completed assigning a number to all 21 :yikes: entrants to the vacumatic 616 PIF, in chronological PM order, and the random.org gods of felicity favour... number 12, "auto winder".

Congratulations auto winder and thanks for your interest everyone else, I was very surprised to see so many entries!

All the best for 2013 everyone!

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

I have finally completed assigning a number to all 21 :yikes: entrants to the vacumatic 616 PIF, in chronological PM order, and the random.org gods of felicity favour... number 12, "auto winder".

Congratulations auto winder and thanks for your interest everyone else, I was very surprised to see so many entries!

All the best for 2013 everyone!

Thank you! That's a great surprise, seems that i got a new lucky number '12' :)

I'm really looking forward to trying this one!

Another one of these but the nib is a bit mangled so if you want to do a bit of nib fixing, this one's for you!!

Any more takers? I'm going to draw this later tonight.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

And the winner for the Ohto Dude is...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8494/8319573148_3ba0149d3d_m.jpg

#2 InvisibleHats

Thanks to everybody who entered, I'll have some more to PIF in 2013.

I am so happy with this news - I adore the design of the Ohto Dude, and I was contemplating buying it myself. Thank you so much! I hope to be able to pay things forward as well in the future.

Another one of these but the nib is a bit mangled so if you want to do a bit of nib fixing, this one's for you!!

Winner:- Tripcode, let me have your address!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Someone will have to start the PIF 2013 Thread.........

Started!

PIF 2013

Afraid I don't have anything to pass along just yet, but, the topic is begun for folks who do!

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

OOOHHH! I hope I will have something to gift this coming year! I want to make it one of the first things I contribute to the FPN community.

Hey all,

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. The new PIF thread for 2013 is pinned. Please move all discussion over there.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

DP

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen