Pay It Forward 2012

in the flow

Nice! That could be a fun set for whoever gets it. I wonder how it would write with a premium ink...

If this set is the one that I think it is, made by Manuscript, it handles premium ink fairly well. I have used a set like this with Mont Blanc ink in the past.

Built from Ink and Tea: A Blog about Lego, Fountain Pens, and...Tea!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• zoniguana

• Chrissy

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! That could be a fun set for whoever gets it. I wonder how it would write with a premium ink...

If this set is the one that I think it is, made by Manuscript, it handles premium ink fairly well. I have used a set like this with Mont Blanc ink in the past.

That's true - it is a Manuscript set. It's now promised to someone. :)

I just wanted to say thank you for two Pay it Forward packages I received. Sorry for the delay, thanks to carroll and redbarrchettayyz!

http://i.imgur.com/aeg0q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fKlpU.jpg

Edited by yoss15

1346680544[/url]' post='2452044']

I just wanted to say thank you for two Pay it Forward packages I received. Sorry for the delay!

Scan.jpeg

2012-09-02%2019.03.29.jpg

Edit: I'm having trouble attaching pictures, I'm using links from my Dropbox. When I previewed the first one it worked fine but after adding the second neither seems to show up, not for me at least. Some one please let me know if there is a better way to go about this.

You download pictures in the "Upload" tab.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

I have a Monteverde Jewelria (green marble) to give away. It was my first fountain pen, and seems to be a fine nib. I have always found it skips : it will need some TLC. Send me a PM. I would prefer a Canadian shipping address due to my financial limitations. However, I will try to accommodate any request.

--scott

I have a Monteverde Jewelria (green marble) to give away. It was my first fountain pen, and seems to be a fine nib. I have always found it skips : it will need some TLC. Send me a PM. I would prefer a Canadian shipping address due to my financial limitations. However, I will try to accommodate any request.

--scott

The pen has been claimed! Thanks.

This PIF is a Jinhao 650 ‘Everest’ fountain pen. It is in tribute, of course, to Mt. Everest, the world’s highest peak.

post-19598-0-56083500-1347063986.jpg

post-19598-0-39549200-1347064012.jpg

The pen was inked only once (with a cartridge). I experienced some small skipping issues, so the pen may require some fiddling. There are also a couple of small bits of yellow discoloration in the skies above the peaks; a Jinhao qc issue, I assume.

It will come with a converter.

The pen will go to the first member who messages me with the correct answer to the question below. There is a ‘correct’ or specific answer that I’m looking for and will be strict on. If no one gets it right in a day, I’ll just use radom.org to generate a winning number from those who messaged me.

You are at your desk ready to write. The Jinhao 650 Everest pen is on the desk in front of you.

Why will you write with it?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

That didn't take long. Member 'glinn' answered with the famous quote of George Mallory that I was looking for: Why climb Mt. Everest (or write with the Everest pen)? Because it's (or they are) there.

:thumbup:

Edited by Kugelschreiber

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Thanks to Liz....my daughter loves her pen from you. I selected randomly with my daughter and will post a pen case, cartridges, 4 Aldo Domani pens and some sort of mont blanc look alike ball point. Thanks to all who wrote.

The package is headed to Great Britain.

I am glad she liked it!

She is still using it and liking it..thanks again.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Ok, One each, UK post only as the postage costs are too high to post abroad; sorry.

Three pens less than a month old, each inked once with a generic blue cartridge. (I try them out before choosing something better for the pen.)

1. Wet, big, smooth, wide, and heavy, a Jinhao 159 + converter.

2. Very smooth and rather close to fine, a black and white Jinhao 500. + converter

3. Girly blue Hero 9012. Hooded nib, quite fine and an agreeable writer. + converter

4. Waterman Graduate. My work pen for the last eighteen months so a little microscratching to the chrome.

I have a glass dipping pen set, with inks. My wife picked it up for me. I tried it out, but it's not really something I'm interested in using. Ink flow is difficult to regulate on the larger glass pen. But the spirals hold ink, which wicks down as you write. If anyone wants it, it's yours. CONUS only, please.

Here's a picture that represents the set. Three of the inks have been opened, but they're barely used. Each vial is 9ml.

http://thewritersedge.com/images_04/MG085_Gift.jpg

Thanks for the enquiries. Only one pen went to the UK as only one person was interested. Pokermind, Flugella and Vignette will be getting their pens as soon as the post office delivers them.

This Platinum pen has been long overdue promised to PIF! It's a really sweet little writer, with a fine nib but just not my style. PM me with why it might be your style. Length is about 41/2 inches capped, 4in uncapped - about the same size as a Pilot Pluminix but slimmer - and it's cartridge fill. I'm keeping this one open until October 1 to give everyone a fair chance.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8320/7997262395_900f0e4173.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8319/7997270200_fa2c38ae3b.jpg

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

EDITED TO UPDATE: The Varsities are taken, thanks!

I know this isn't much, but I have three Pilot Varsity pens to offer to whoever wants them. They are the black, blue and purple standard three-pack you can get here at office supply stores in the U.S. They are all three lovely wet writers with medium steel nibs, but barely used because I don't like such a fat line. I just now tested them and all three started *immediately* even though I haven't touched them in almost two years. I really wish I loved them because they're obviously great pens even if cheap... I just don't. If they were F instead of M we wouldn't be having this conversation. :)

http://www.officemax.com/catalog/images/397x353/20950080i_01.jpg

Because they are so cheap and easily obtainable here in the U.S. I'd really like to give them to someone who either doesn't have a lot of cash, like a student, or someone in a location where they're not so easily available. Because they're so light I won't mind shipping international.

Anyone who is interested please PM me and don't worry if you don't get an immediate reply; I have some stuff to take care of but I'll be checking in.

Edited by Daisy

Not really a scribe, more of a Pharisee...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

-- Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

PIF 1 and a couple of PIF2s have been claimed.

Here are two PIFs open to all.

• Shipping is free worldwide.
  • Please PM with PIF 1 and/or PIF 2 in the subject line.
  • I appreciate interesting photos. Please pop one in the message, if you have one handy.

PIF 1: a long discontinued uni -ish pencil with erasable coloured lead

PIF 2: PIF wristbands

Here's an idea: When you send someone a freebie, add one of these. They are small and extremely lightweight, and they remind recipients to PIF.

I have around 100 to give away. That's a LOT of PIF-enabling! Each wristband is individually wrapped. The packet reads: The bracelet on your wrist will be a good reminder to help someone out, make their day and put a smile on a stranger's face......

Please specify the quantity. I may have to renege on free shipping if you would like very many.

http://i.imgur.com/InX1O.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9hxP6.jpg

Edited by whitedot

Just a note on Daisy's Varsity pens. They can be refilled and used as an eyedropper. Great reusable pens.

Heh, yeah, that's exactly what the recipient pointed out to me when I tried to tell him they were non-refillable. I'm glad to stand corrected! :)

Not really a scribe, more of a Pharisee...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

-- Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

I have an assortment of ink cartridges I would like to move on to a new home. UK ONLY PLEASE!

The long ones are Parker but I don't know what model of pen they fit. First to p.m.with an address gets them. UK ONLY PLEASE!

UPDATE. CATRIDGES GOING TO A NEW HOME.

Edited by Lorna Reed

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8