• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• esterbex

• Korybas

• JimB

• Sassafras

Has anyone by any chance managed to get Iroshizuku's Murasaki-Shikibu already and how does it compare to Visconti Purple?

Choices... choices... :hmm1:

Ah, found it on the forum, near the bottom of the following page: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/202901-4-new-iroshizuku-colours-announced/page__hl__murasaki-shikibu__st__50

(don't know how to do the link properly)

The visconti seems to be more vibrant.

Edited by Moondust

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you may just find you get what you need

Rolling Stones

I have contacted Visconti about it and they sent an e-mail back to me today saying that they plan to launch this ink on January 2012. So, thank the Pen God, its not a LE ink and it will not be sold only with the Rembrandt FP.

That's excellent news. Where is the best online retailer for procuring Visconti ink? Alas, it's not carried at Goulet or Jet Pens.

The ink enables the pen purchase, no? :happyberet:

OR

Expensive ink, but they sweeten the deal by including a nice pen.

Bye,

S1

Alas, no. I've been told no more pens by my husband. Something only being able to write with one at a time. And since he lets me get all the yarn and books I want, I suppose I'll listen about the pens. Though, I admit I did just sneak and buy the Noodler's Ahab. But my premise is I am replacing the older Noodler's Flex (that I didn't like at all) with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! (really quite like that pen btw...but I digress!)

I have contacted Visconti about it and they sent an e-mail back to me today saying that they plan to launch this ink on January 2012. So, thank the Pen God, its not a LE ink and it will not be sold only with the Rembrandt FP.

That is wonderful news! I had finally gotten around to choosing a purple and no sooner than ordering it saw your review. Good thing I like purple enough to have two!! :D

oooh - will definitely be getting this when it is available, even if I have to pay for shipping from another country. It is gorgeous!!!

"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light." - Groucho Marx

Has anyone by any chance managed to get Iroshizuku's Murasaki-Shikibu already and how does it compare to Visconti Purple?

Choices... choices... :hmm1:

The visconti seems to be more vibrant.

I like Iroshizuku inks, have tried a sample of Murasaki, great ink in all but... the price is waaay too high if you ask me! 31 $ for a bottle plus shipping? You got to be joking... What, is this ink made by hand by Japanese Geishas? :ltcapd: In comparison, a bottle of MB Violet-Purple in Greece costs 12 Euros (about 16 $), and this Visconti Purple only 9 Euros!

Of course, this is just my way of thinking...

With the price I would pay for 2 bottles of Murasaki ink, I get a pretty decent P51 pen! For crying out loud!!! :bonk:

Edited by Korybas
fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

*sigh*. I guess I'll have to make room in the cabinet for another bottle . . .

This stuff is beautiful!

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

I like Iroshizuku inks, have tried a sample of Murasaki, great ink in all but... the price is waaay too high if you ask me! 31 $ for a bottle plus shipping? You got to be joking... What, is this ink made by hand by Japanese Geishas? :ltcapd: In comparison, a bottle of MB Violet-Purple in Greece costs 12 Euros (about 16 $), and this Visconti Purple only 9 Euros!

Of course, this is just my way of thinking...

I understand completely, but! Ever since the dutch 'gulden' was replaced by the euro, money has become a weird thing for me.

I used to understand the value of numbers - I could relate the amount of 'guldens' to whatever I spent them on. And then.... everything went haywire.

I had to divide the number of euro's by 2 and add 10% to get near the amount in guldens and then time passed and somehow things could be acquired for more euro's and less guldens, or was it the other way around?

So I just happily lost track and live according to a comfortable division between value - "love Iroshizuku ink" :wub: "love visconti purple" :wub: - and numbers. I like your math and of course you're completely right but I just let my wallet do the counting, not me.

I only run out of ink once I've ran out of numbers. :vbg:

Edited by Moondust

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you may just find you get what you need

Rolling Stones

have you got pics of the old and the new Visconti Purple together?

Quite interested in seeing the differences. I already like the old purple.

But on screen this new purple looks stunning.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

So, the Visconti Blue is just a luminous as this purple, but in blue? Looks like I'll have to buy a bottle of V Blue to tide me over until January ;)

Tamara

On your pics, it looks like the Bay State Blue of purples! (hopefully without the issues!)

Gotta get me some!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

have you got pics of the old and the new Visconti Purple together?

Quite interested in seeing the differences. I already like the old purple.

But on screen this new purple looks stunning.

Sorry, I did not know there was an old Visconti Purple! Maybe you refer to the Visconti Fuchsia (review HERE) ? But Fuchsia is not purple, its another colour altogether...

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

I know the very nice people at The Writing Desk call in here so I hope they are looking at this thread and please put a bottle to one side for me as I 'know' you'l be stocking it in due course.

Chris

This looks amazing, but I'm wondering how it would shade in a medium nib. Very nice color and shading, for sure, and I'm a candidate for an early buyer.

In case I can't get it, I did see an interesting recipe ink that nearly rivals it - you can see here.

Edited by januaryman

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain