Japanese Daily Writer

Jezza

My poor Sailor...so neglected.

My daily writer is my Nakaya Piccolo Aka-Tamenuri, medium stub, soft and flexible. These days inked with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. I just can't seem to put that one away. It goes everywhere with me.

At home I will also use the Nakaya cigar writer, standard fine nib,[to long to carry, but oh so cool!] Also Aka-Tamenuri. It's just the only color for me. Like Ferrari, only EVER in red.

I am sure I will pick up the Pelikan some day....maybe.

Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Long Cigar, standard fine two tone nib/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Piccolo, soft medium stub in two tone/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Neo Standard, medium cursive italic/ Sailor Pro Gear fine/ Sailor Pro Gear medium cursive italic/ Pelikan M800 extra fine/ 1954 Monte Rosa medium left oblique/ Nakaya Naka-ai, medium left oblique, Heki-Tamenuri/Sailor Realo ll, medium left oblique/ Cross Townsend “Year Of The Rooster” medium/ Pilot Vanishing Point, fine.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinta

• XiaoMG

• Jezza

• Poision Pen

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilot Custom 74 is best pen for daily usebility.

Best over all value for the money and best daily writer. I have several in rotation and prefer then over the higher lines.

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

I like to switch things around and use some older Japanese models. Right now I am using a Platinum Bonita that is doing yeoman duty with writing corrections on a dissertation I am reading.

I usually keep one Japanese pen - at least - in rotation. They are such fine writers! :rolleyes:

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

Right now, I have 5 Japanese pens inked...Pilot Custom Heritage 91 FM, Sailor Procolour 500 F, Sailor Sapporo Mini-slim F, Platinum Pocket pen F, and A Pilot VP with an F nib. :rolleyes: They're all great, but I like the Sapporo and Pilot Custom Heritage the most.

I've recently purchased a Fujisan - Hill fountain pen, made of Maple wood. Nothing is known about this company except manufacture stopped in 1990. Although it's a large pen, i find it very comfortable to use, the nib is definitely not a nail, and it is rapidly becoming my every day writer.

Kind regards,

Pickwick

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

I use a Platinum Motosu Demonstrator for daily use... A lovely, clear, converter operated

beauty that is also Limited Edition to 2011 pieces, but I find it really precious and keep

it tucked in my bag most of the time!

My Sailor Profit (large) with an EF nib from Michael Masuyama and #41 Brown. A great daily carry!

• 1 month later...

My case is full of Japanese pens - all Pilots: M90 M nib (Waterman Florida Blue), Pilot Capless (Diamine Sapphire Blue), Pilot 78G (Private Reserve Plum)

1320773565[/url]' post='2152010']

A Pilot 78G with M nib. Best price/performance ratio I have had in a pen so far B)

My first post here. Hello everyone

I just got a black hairline picolo with fine ruthenium nib with some motishaw tweaking (thanks John ). This is my new go to pen. Couldn't be happier, I love this pen.I rotate between that and my black cigar portable, my mini decapod with the greenish stone finish ef nib and my Namiki stainless dragon f nibWith that said nakaya's are my addiction. If I wasn't clear the first three pens are all Nakaya.

Pilot 78G with a F nib, filled with Noodler's BB. It runs a little dry, but it's perfect for the tiny notes I often scribble in the margins of papers.

Gray Pilot Decimo F with Sailor Kiwaguro. I'd really like to put my Custom 74 SF to more use, but the nib is not quite as foolproof as that of my Decimo (i.e. it's a lot more sensitive to angle and pressure). I'm guessing a vanilla F would be more practical, but less fun to play with.

Robert.

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently settled on a couple of Pilots, a Custom 823 and a Decimo gray, both with Medium nibs. The Decimo has the con-20 convertor, which seems so much more interesting than the standard con-50. I like my Sailor Sapporo with Rhodium trim, also a Medium, which I find very forgiving and compact. I occasionally pull out the Pilot Custom 74 Broad nib, which writes a barely wider line than the 823 M but is a lighter, smaller pen. In most of these pens, I use Iroshizuku Asa-Gao and a few the Yama-Budo.

Boy, this thread has been running a while.........Hm.

Since November 3/2011 (my former post) my choice of Japanese daily writers has been a bit altered.

Now there are six identical model Sailor 1911-Ms, in somber colours, with modified nibs.

John Mottishaw & Mike Masuyama have fashioned wonderful edged-nibs (two stubs & four Cursive Italics) with down-strokes from 0.50 mm. to 1.1 mm.

This is what I call my "Writing Kit".

Depending on the ink or paper I'm using, these nibs provide a comfortable range (not too wide & not too narrow). Quoting from the story of the Three Bears: "....Just Right."

All my pens are Japanese & all are daily writers.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)