Japanese Daily Writer

Jezza

My Pilot Decimo with F nib and Sailor Sapporo Mini with EF nib are always inked and in use. Superior nibs and design on both of them.

~ Manisha

"A traveller am I and a navigator, and everyday I discover a new region of my soul." ~ Kahlil Gibran

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinta

• XiaoMG

• Jezza

• Poision Pen

Top Posters In This Topic

Using a Pilot Custom 74 with MUSIC nib daily. Purchased in Japan a few years ago and is the first pen with a MUSIC nib that I could use effortlessly. Backup is a Pilot Silvern with dragomn motif and FINE nib that was given to me by my daughter as a Christmas present. Another user is my Nakaya Piccolo with Yoshida customized nib.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

I usually only carry one or two pens with me and one is always Japanese. Right now it's a Namiki Rhodium Bamboo but other daily writers have been Nakaya Long Piccolo, Danitrio Short Octagon and Pilot Vanishing Point. For me, all make great daily writers.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

All four are Sailor 1911-Ms, with different, wide, blade-style nibs: a stock Music , two narrower stubs & a CI.

Great every-day writers!

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

VP Decimo with fine nib, the most convenient fountain pen I have. I like my TWSBI very much but it is difficult to operate one-handedly while being on a phone.

Hooded nibs are the best

I usually have several Japanese pens inked and in daily use. The Nakayas are my favorites (they are addictive), followed by the Pilot Custom 823 with a customized italic nib, the Sailor red & black ebonite Pro Gear with a fine nib (which is actually more like an XF or XXF nib), and the Sailor Moonlit Forest with the Cross Music Emperor nib. For quick notes and editing, I use a Pilot Vanishing Point a lot. I always have one inked up with Pilot Blue-black cartridges.

I only have one fountain pen, that's the Namiki Falcon. I've had it filled with Noodlers Black from day one.

I don't really try flexing with it, but the springyness of the nib is really nice.

Curious about a Custom 823 but not sure.

WTT: My Lamy 2000 Fine nib for your Lamy 2000 Broad nib.

Two resin Namiki Falcons, one SF and one SB, plus a 1911 F are in my current rotation.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Since the day I received it just over 11 years ago: a sapphire Namiki Impressions.

I doubt it has been empty for longer than a couple minutes at a time when I have cleaned the nib during the occasional flush/fill instead of just a top off of the converter. It has been my home for Aurora Blue since late autumn 2000.

Right now I am using a Sailor 1911 (old version) filled with Iroshizuko Yama Budo; a Sailor Matte Black 1911 with Sailor Kiwa Guro Black; and a Namiki Bamboo with Levenger Cobalt Blue....Both of the Sailors have the 21k EF nib and the Namiki is a Fine.

Edited by hpk90

I always have one of my VP's inked and a Namiki Falcon SF - probably my favorite pen. Inks vary but right now I have Irosgizuku Syo -Ro in the Falcon and Noodler's Ottomam Azure in the VP.

Pilot Prera with a F nib -- it is small and light and can be tossed in a bag with no fear of leaks, if I lost it I could easily replace it, it starts up immediately every time, and performs well even on quite bad paper.

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

Pilot Decimo, with F nib. Currently filled with Herbin Poussiere de Lune, which seems to be a very good ink match!

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

Humm.. My Sailor 1911M is always in my pen case. Right now it's got a bellyfull (OK a convertor full) of Diamine Lavender.

Edited by UkeDan

Ohto F-Lapa. Cheap little banger with a nice fine black Ohto line. Strangely enough my Sailor Sapporo F is much finer than the Ohto F nib. Not sure if thats a nib or ink thing seeing as they are both Japanese F. I'll try to score a Euro F and see if that lines up with the Ohto.

Figures, now that I mention my new Black Matte 1911 (which was writing really well), the nib suddenly is bent at a 90 degree angle...and I do not remember dropping it...hmmm....

I like line variation...vote for the metal Pilot Falcon SF (better heft and balance than the resin model) and also my new matte black VP with 0.7 mm left oblique cursive italic nib by Richard Binder.

/Soundsider

...jumps over the lazy dog.

I have 3 Japanese pens inked for daily use, Platinum Plasir, Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng Platinum Pocket pen, 14K nib, PR Tanzanite, And my trusty Pilot VP (black) with PR Ebony Blue.

In an out of rotation are various Preppys, 2 Pilot Knights, A Pilot Elite pocket pen, and occasionally either a Pilot Encrino and 78G, but honestly I'm not to hot on the last two, they are great pens, just don't suit my big hands as well!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

My poor Sailor...so neglected.

My daily writer is my Nakaya Piccolo Aka-Tamenuri, medium stub, soft and flexible. These days inked with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. I just can't seem to put that one away. It goes everywhere with me.

At home I will also use the Nakaya cigar writer, standard fine nib,[to long to carry, but oh so cool!] Also Aka-Tamenuri. It's just the only color for me. Like Ferrari, only EVER in red.

I am sure I will pick up the Pelikan some day....maybe.

Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Long Cigar, standard fine two tone nib/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Piccolo, soft medium stub in two tone/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Neo Standard, medium cursive italic/ Sailor Pro Gear fine/ Sailor Pro Gear medium cursive italic/ Pelikan M800 extra fine/ 1954 Monte Rosa medium left oblique/ Nakaya Naka-ai, medium left oblique, Heki-Tamenuri/Sailor Realo ll, medium left oblique/ Cross Townsend “Year Of The Rooster” medium/ Pilot Vanishing Point, fine.