Japanese Daily Writer

Jezza

Which Japanese pen have you found yourself writing with on a faily basis lately? I've been picking up my Platinum briarwood a lot recently, probably because of the convinience of the slip-cap, and I find myself writing with fine nibs a lot the past year or so. Platinum fines seem a bit thinner than the other makers' fines. What about you?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinta

• XiaoMG

• Jezza

• Poision Pen

Top Posters In This Topic

My Pilot VP with a fine nib

I have a carbonesque VP myself with a oblique italic that Mottishaw ground for me. It's a great pen, but I'm one of the unfortunate few who holds the pen in a way that makes the clip very uncomfortable.

My Pilot Custom 823 M is in my regular rotation. Outstanding nib!

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

The VPs are in constant use (easiest choice for note taking) but recently they've been overshadowed by the new acquisitions: a Danitrio Densho with a stub nib and a Sailor 2011 with a music nib. The Sailor Sapporo Professional Gear with a zoom nib is also always on standby for sketching and drawing.

I usually carry a Danitrio Densho RE and a black Pilot VP. They complement each other.

Quan el centre del món no ets ben bé tu (per més que en tinguis la il·lusió),

si et desvetllaven enmig de la nit, no vulguis preguntar-te per què vius:

distreu-te rosegant l'ungla d'un dit. [I beg your pardon, Salvador Espriu]

Until two days ago, I had my five Nakayas in rotation, but now... I have only one Desk Pen (aka tamenuri), the Piccolo (solid black), and the Mini Decapod (heki tamenuri).

So, I'll say Nakaya, but it might be a different Nakaya, depending.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

The most used is a Pilot Custom 823 FA.

Edited by sessyargc

All the best,

Rommel

Until two days ago, I had my five Nakayas in rotation, but now... I have only one Desk Pen (aka tamenuri), the Piccolo (solid black), and the Mini Decapod (heki tamenuri).

From 5 Nakayas down to 3...I'm speechless. What happened!?!?! :yikes:

Which Japanese pen have you found yourself writing with on a faily basis lately? I've been picking up my Platinum briarwood a lot recently, probably because of the convinience of the slip-cap, and I find myself writing with fine nibs a lot the past year or so. Platinum fines seem a bit thinner than the other makers' fines. What about you?

For me it's been the Sailor Tagayasan (Ironwood) and the Nakaya Neo-Standard in aka-tamenuri. My other pens are suffering, but something draws me back to these 2...

At the moment, I'm using my Sailor Carbofine loaded with Aurora black ink.

Regards,

Mike

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My Platinum higo-zo-gan and a Nakaya Neo-Standard. I also have a Sailor Realo and a Pilot C74, but I prefer the Platinum and Nakaya pens for their nibs, overall feel, and aesthetics.

From 5 Nakayas down to 3...I'm speechless. What happened!?!?! :yikes:

Beauty rest for the two Nakayas, and I brought the Mb Hemingway and Marlen Journal into rotation. Still using the Mb 100-Year Historical, too.

So much for cutting down the number of inked pens in rotation. Sigh.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Namiki Falcon! A semi flexing fine nib makes this one of my favorite pens to play around with, and used whenever there's a lot of writing needed. Journals, writing journals, letters. I use Noodler's Black and am very happy with the pairing. :thumbup:

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain

Most of my tiny collection is Japanese pens so the odds are one of 'em is always a daily writer.

Today it's Platinum #3776. Often it's a Nakaya Piccolo. Or my Danitrio Short Octagon.

I feel like I'm kinda cheating 'cause any pen that gets neglected gets shipped out the door. happyberet.gif

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

My Platinum higo-zo-gan and a Nakaya Neo-Standard. I also have a Sailor Realo and a Pilot C74, but I prefer the Platinum and Nakaya pens for their nibs, overall feel, and aesthetics.

Ditto + a second Neo Standard - the Sailor and Pilot.

Well, I can't name just 1. Here is a list of what I have inked and in rotation (Japanese only) on the desk in front of me right now:

3 Pilot VPs

a Pilot Fermo

a Pilot metal Falcon

a smoke Pilot Custom 823

a Sailor Realo

a celluloid Platinum 3776

Nib range is from 0.7mm cursive italic to Platinum XF.

(The Namikis and Nakayas, although inked, are not daily users.)