The Rare Ones

byrdmanojvk

Here's something not that common at all: early Montblanc eyedropper from 1911-14.The famous white star came later!

Interestingly enough, the front unscrews next to the milling.

48799907262_94e2293cc0_b.jpg

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azuniga

• mase001

• fountainpende

• siamackz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since we’re talking about eyedroppers I just got this one which is less rare than Kawuska’s of course but still not something you see around everyday I believe

fpn_1570015886__4d685e2b-5997-4c14-b78c-

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

during the early 90's i spent many an afternoon at the cigar divan in the mandarin oriental hotel in hong kong. one day we were joined by the american statesman henry kissinger - who was in town to participate in a seminar and buy a few bespoke suits and shoes. when the credit card receipt arrived for the two boxes of havanas he had purchased, a british banker sitting nearby quickly offered him his vintage meisterstuck 149 to sign the slip. kissinger accepted the instrument nonchalantly, signed the receipt, and then - to our astonishment - placed the pen into his suit pocket and continued in deep conversation with his hosts. no one spoke. no one moved. the banker clearly unsure how to proceed to recover his pen. after an extraordinarily pregnant pause he leaned into the vip huddle and cleared his throat. kissinger pointedly ignored him. our banker waited, becoming visibly shaken, and then leaned in once again and began to tap kissinger on the shoulder. no sooner had he tapped him than the bodyguards in attendance tackled him and threw him to the ground. they then lifted him up and dragged him in a flurry out of the divan and into the hall. kissinger and his group were whisked away by security and we never saw him again.

our banker friend returned the next day bruised, without his pen, and with no way to retrieve it as kissinger had left town that morning. whatever became of that 149 no one but kissinger knows. and he is no longer here to tell us.

if a truly unique history can be considered rare then that pen certainly qualifies.

It is for this very reason that I carry an inexpensive ballpoint or gel pen with me at all times.

Do I have a pen, Mr. Secretary? Yes, please, use this one, and keep it if necessary.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Those vintage Montblancs are really something... wow...

And what comes to that war criminal, really not at all surprised by his brazen and thuggish behavior. Despicable.

• 3 months later...

I guess it's not a very common pen - Foot@Ball #1M by Montblanc for Spanish market.

DSC01767.JPG

DSC01771.JPG

I guess it's not a very common pen - Foot@Ball #1M by Montblanc for Spanish market.

DSC01767.JPG

DSC01771.JPG

Lovely pen! Im curious, what are the clues that lead you to believe that this was made by MB? Are you suggesting this is a sub-brand or made for a stationer? Thanks

In Spain, there are pens made by MB under different names. Probably to sell at a lower price than the brandy MB. This pen is marked at the end of the barrel with 1M, like all other MB pens from this period. The nib is typical for MB sub-brands - number 1, which corresponds to the designation. The RMHR material, the nib section, the feed, the lever, everything is identical to the MB pens.
The Foot@Ball pen is identical to another pen of mine made by MB - the Chancellor #4M, which I have already shown here, but is smaller - #1:
DSC01202.JPG
DSC01203.JPG
Here are other MB pens for the Spanish market:
Alka eyedropper 1M /the same nib and mark at the end of the barrel as on Foot@Ball pen/, identical to Aristokrat /MB sub-brand for spainsh market/ sold on Tom's site. /I specify that it is a different from the German brand Aristokrat/:
DSC01794.JPG
DSC01795.JPG
60918g.jpg

Other The Chancellor RMHR pen - safety 1M:

RMHR.png

There are many similar pens in the Archive on Tom's website for anyone who is interested...

In Spain, there are pens made by MB under different names. Probably to sell at a lower price than the brandy MB. This pen is marked at the end of the barrel with 1M, like all other MB pens from this period. The nib is typical for MB sub-brands - number 1, which corresponds to the designation. The RMHR material, the nib section, the feed, the lever, everything is identical to the MB pens.

The Foot@Ball pen is identical to another pen of mine made by MB - the Chancellor #4M, which I have already shown here, but is smaller - #1:

DSC01202.JPG

DSC01203.JPG

Here are other MB pens for the Spanish market:

Alka eyedropper 1M /the same nib and mark at the end of the barrel as on Foot@Ball pen/, identical to Aristokrat /MB sub-brand for spainsh market/ sold on Tom's site. /I specify that it is a different from the German brand Aristokrat/:

DSC01794.JPG

DSC01795.JPG

60918g.jpg

Other The Chancellor RMHR pen - safety 1M:

RMHR.png

There are many similar pens in the Archive on Tom's website for anyone who is interested...

Very interesting, thanks for sharing

• 3 months later...

I believe this is the only contribution of mine to this threat that truly deserves to be here :) After 2 years of searching, I finally found the pen that kicked off the Kontrolfüller technology for MB...

fpn_1598077257__img_1124.jpg

I believe this is the only contribution of mine to this threat that truly deserves to be here :) After 2 years of searching, I finally found the pen that kicked off the Kontrolfüller technology for MB...

fpn_1598077257__img_1124.jpg

Wowza, that is amazing Siamackz, congratulations! I have also been keeping my eye out to no avail. I have a 334 but the almost mythical 235 has eluded me.

I'm still droolong over your pen, it looks to be in amazing condition with the correct nib and blind cap, what a find! I am so happy you were able to add it to your collection.

Now, here's a question, I thought the 17 1/2 preceded the 235 but has it got a different piston system?

I'm still droolong over your pen, it looks to be in amazing condition with the correct nib and blind cap, what a find! I am so happy you were able to add it to your collection.

Now, here's a question, I thought the 17 1/2 preceded the 235 but has it got a different piston system?

Thanks Dascott! Im writing a detailed article on the 235 for my website. Ill be posting a link soon on another thread. I hope your questions are answered there.

• 5 months later...

Good afternoon, I hope you can point me in the right direction. I am looking to sell a collection of MB pens. Please can you tell me where the best place to sell them might be?

Montblanc Winston Churchill Limited edition
MONTBLANC The Fortune Number 88 Artisan Skeleton Limited Edition 88
MEISTERSTUCK 90 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SKELETON
Montblanc Airbus A380 Limited Edition Fountain Pen
MONTBLANC HOMAGE ANDREW CARNEGIE FOUNTAIN PEN
Montblanc Charlie Chaplin Limited Edition Fountain Pen
Montblanc Pope Julius 11 limited edition 4810
MONTBLANC fountain pen ALEXANDER VON HUMBOLDT 4810 Limited Edition
Mont Blanc Fountain Pen Patron of Art Fountain Pen 4810 Francois I
MONTBLANC PATRON OF THE ART LOUIS XIV 4810
MONTBLANC PATRON OF THE ART LOUIS XIV 4810
MONTBLANC LUCIANO PAVAROTTI LIMITED EDITION 4810 FP
Montblanc Patron of Art 4810 Homage to S. Borghese Fountain pen
Montblanc Heritage Rouge et Noir Solitaire Serpentr ROLLER BALL
Montblanc Heritage Rouge et Noir Solitaire Serpent Fountain Pen
Montblanc Heritage SOLID BLK Solitaire Serpent Fountain Pen
Montblanc Great Characters Andy Warhol FP
Montblanc Patron of Art Gaius Maecenas 4810 LE FP
Montblanc Ludivico Sforza Limited Edition 4810 Fountain Pen
Montblanc Alfred Hitchcock Limited Edition Fountain Pens
Montblanc Max V. Oppenheim 4810 Fountain Pen Limited Edition
Montblanc Max V. Oppenheim 888 Fountain Pen Limited Edition
Montblanc The Beatles "All You Need Is Love" Limited Edition 1969 RB
Montblanc The Beatles "All You Need Is Love" Limited Edition 1969 FP
MONTBLANC SIR HENRY TATE 4810 FOUNTAIN PEN
Montblanc Fountain Pen Leonardo Limited Edition 3000
Montblanc Henry E. Steinway Fountain Pen - Limited Edition 4810

20210125_141257_resized.jpg

20210125_141257_resized.jpg

20210125_141304_resized.jpg

20210125_141334_resized.jpg

20210125_141340_resized.jpg

20210125_141401_resized.jpg

20210125_141405_resized.jpg

20210125_141409_resized.jpg

20210125_141432_resized.jpg

20210125_141444_resized.jpg

20210125_142959_resized.jpg

20210125_143018_resized.jpg

20210125_143035_resized.jpg

20210125_143114_resized.jpg

20210125_143118_resized.jpg

20210125_143126_resized.jpg

20210125_143153_resized.jpg

20210125_143206_resized.jpg

20210125_143208_resized.jpg

20210125_143247_01_resized.jpg

20210125_143247_03_resized.jpg

20210125_143247_04_resized.jpg

20210125_143247_06_resized.jpg

20210125_143304_resized.jpg

• 2 months later...

Could anyone tell me why this pair (84 and 87) has a different symbol?

I have never found out why.

344291C8-B4A8-48AA-A473-E35F6300CE22.jpeg

521768ED-895B-4A05-821A-AA0E01D726F3.jpeg