The Rare Ones

byrdmanojvk

1) a 135 ... I have one but rarely seen one

Never heard of a 135 - can you tell us more please. Not in any books or on your site or in any online search. I would like to see it and know more :happyberet:

thanks

Stephen

I have a 235 but I did not hear about a 135 before.

Here is what my search came up with; at least a little reference:

http://www.christies...bjectID=4333781

Lovely pen so far!

I really like the shown MB 138 with the engraved cap band and clip. Also the black and pearl 40 looks very nice. Is the #35 correct or would it need a #40 nib originally?

Also I'm really looking forward to some of Axel's. Michael's and Max's treasures.

Cheers

Michael

As far as I know 40 uses 35 or 40 nib... since I"ll be in Hamburg I will double check it...

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azuniga

• mase001

• fountainpende

• siamackz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never heard of a 135 - can you tell us more please. Not in any books or on your site or in any online search. I would like to see it and know more :happyberet:

thanks

Stephen

Lovely pen so far!

I really like the shown MB 138 with the engraved cap band and clip. Also the black and pearl 40 looks very nice. Is the #35 correct or would it need a #40 nib originally?

Also I'm really looking forward to some of Axel's. Michael's and Max's treasures.

Cheers

Michael

As far as I know 40 uses 35 or 40 nib... since I"ll be in Hamburg I will double check it...

My 30 (??? no blind cap imprint) has a #35 nib so I was wondering.

I'll come to the Hamburg Pen Show as well so maybe we can compare :happyberet:

Cheers

Michael

Thanks for the Christies link Michael - interesting stuff. Never heard or read of a 135 before. I need to get out more... :lol:

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

John Muir

thanks

Stephen

Lovely pen so far!

Cheers

Michael

My 30 (??? no blind cap imprint) has a #35 nib so I was wondering.

I'll come to the Hamburg Pen Show as well so maybe we can compare :happyberet:

Cheers

Michael

We will then... I love talking about pens but more looking at them and certainly writing with them... so I though

If I add another pen, rare but not that rare, it is a 128 PL, maybe those boxes will start opening...

post-49236-0-58904300-1316551298.jpg

The PLs are really very nice looking. I need to re mortgage my house... :bawl:

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

John Muir

I bought it years ago and it was really affordable...

Yes- even seeing the price that the 135 went for at Christies in 2004 on that link from Michael, cost has overtaken inflation considerably on many of these pens. It's probably a good time to look for such gems if one has a budget available though. My wife has other ideas for our money... :headsmack:

Interesting thread :thumbup:

Stephen

John Muir

What an absolute treat this thread is. Great to see the big boys come out to play. Fabulous. Thank you :clap1:

Pavoni

Dear all,

I love the 344's from Max, and I think that the 346 is quite funny ... I assume that all these pens are prototypes and thus EXTREMELY rare.

Also the 128 Pl is GREAT !!!!!!!

Concerning the Meisterstück 135

Well, here are some photos of the pen. What's special? Well it has three rings but the outer rings are only engraved. Next, it has a steel nib. Based on both details, I assume that this pen is from wartime production.

... and ... my 135 is obviously different to the one depicted in the Christies auction! Wow, there seem to be some more versions of this pen ...

Best regards

Michael

post-7465-0-72428800-1316591031.jpg

Edited by fountainpende

www.fountainpen.de - the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

logo.gif

... also rare... the Architect pen ... at least you will rarely find the whole 'set' consisting of box, manual, cleaning needle, outer hard rubber box ... and pen

post-7465-0-48341900-1316596121.jpg

logo.gif

I'm not sure whether these pens can be considered as 'rare', they are probably not too expensive but somewhat 'special'

400 (on top) is one of the pens with glas nib, I have some other pens with glas nib in my collection ... at least I consider them as rare because the glas nibs easily break and I have seen them 'rarely'

00 Baby (middle) with unusually long cap ... I like the cap ;-)

Vacumatic (bottom) ... to me, the vacumatic mechanism is (at least somewhat) 'rare'

post-7465-0-30133200-1316598057.jpg

logo.gif

Thanks for all those Michael! Interesting to see the 135 in particular for me. The chasing at either side of the gold cap band is the only difference between that pen and a 134 I have - long ink window, steel nib, same clip etc. I assume dimensions are such that the 135 is slightly bigger then the 134 and smaller than 136...that's an obvious one I suppose!

This thread is verging on 'sticky' status - keep going all concerned!

Stephen

John Muir

Hi Stephen,

135: yes, the only difference is concerning the size and the three 'rings'. There is thus little new concerning the design. Still, I consider the pen as 'rare' as I have not yet seen too many of them. And I was not yet aware of the version shown in the Christies Auction...

... may be someone else has more info on the 135 ?

Max: Please show us some other pens :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

Azuniga: I LOVE this special 138 !! :puddle:

Edited by fountainpende

logo.gif

Wow!!!! :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

I am in awe completely - and this thread should be pinned for future references - these are some seriously amazing pens!!!

I do have a couple of red MBs,..............

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/montblanc_coral30_850b.jpg

and

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/chrisc4.jpg

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Looks like Clash of the Titansthumbup.gif....Awesome responses....notworthy1.gif

A Thing of Beauty is Joy Forever...."Ode on a Grecian Urn" by John Keats

Wow!!!! :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

I am in awe completely - and this thread should be pinned for future references - these are some seriously amazing pens!!!

I do have a couple of red MBs,..............

Can you pl give details about the Crimson Red pen....Model name, Manufactured decade,& some more pics if possible..

A Thing of Beauty is Joy Forever...."Ode on a Grecian Urn" by John Keats

First I want to thank byrdmanojvk for opening this topic, we are seeing great pens....

Michael, you keep surrprising us, thank you !! :notworthy1::notworthy1:

(I will bring a couple of glass nibs for you... I knew MB had some pens with glass nib but never actually saw one, thanks again)

Max pens are very surprising, I understand he does not like them that much but they look absolutely amazing, and so many, they are not only rare but to put them together is an achievement !!! ... I can not add more of the 346, quite special.

Chris showed us some amazing pens too.... We could use the thread as reference indeed...

Thank you all for the response ... I keep on looking everything once and again

Cheers, Ariel

Edited by Azuniga

The devil made me do it........post that photo of my 149 - so sorry!

It is a 90s 149, had a regrind by Richard B. in 2003 I think, so writes a lovely CI medium/fine.

The remodel was done by Paul Rossi many years ago - probably the same year, 2003 - but since MB kicked up a stink over other MB modifications Paul refuses to do this work. It is Crimson Glow just as used by Sheaffer.

The pen is a keeper, a real keeper...........I sold it once, and put a note in with it asking for first refusal if the buyer ever thought to sell it...........he sent it straight back to me!! What a guy! I', glad you enjoy looking...............I'll email you!

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Oh amazing pens.

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/petitdauphinzele/midnightblue-1.png

aka Petitdauphinzele

Dear all,

here, another 'rare' pen. Well it's a 138 ... yes I know ... not really rare. But the cap is special: it's a military cap which means that the cap itself is much longer but it has no cap top... Montblanc produced them only in little quantity

As you would expect for an 138, it has a steel nib.

post-7465-0-24646600-1316689328.jpg

Edited by fountainpende

logo.gif