The Rare Ones

byrdmanojvk

Can someone mention which are the Rare Vintage models of MB and hence more valuable..Pl note that the reference does not necessarily pertain to the oldest models but the rarest models...For example some models were discontinued very quickly and hence becoming more valuable than pens produced way before their time...I can think of two examples :

1) MEISTERSTUCK 138 or 139L FTN PEN ca.1930's

2) Masterpiece Green Striated 142 < 144 < 146 ca.1950's (especially if the striations were straight rather than swirled)

A Thing of Beauty is Joy Forever...."Ode on a Grecian Urn" by John Keats

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azuniga

• mase001

• fountainpende

• siamackz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have these two pens I love very much, they both write smooth and nice. I do not know if they are more valuable but I guess they are kind of rare.

- MB 138 with a very special ring and clip in the cap

- MB L 40 with a double imprint which should be some kind of manufacturing accident

If I am wrong please correct me..

Regards, Ariel

post-49236-0-05270500-1316286755.jpg

post-49236-0-42222100-1316286763.jpg

Ariel, both your pens are worth a lot...Envy you..;-) Can you post some more detailed pics of your MB 138...It will be a treat for our eyes...

Those are really really unique and beautiful pens. Yes, we would love to see more pictures please :)

My link

Life is like Chinatown signage, its cluttering, confusing but everything that you need is there, just have to look harder....

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/sidestreaker/lifestyle/logo.jpg

i have recently got these two. and my friend told me that they can be considered as "rare" though I have no idea about how rare are they.

post-59922-0-78693200-1316348137.jpg

post-59922-0-68441700-1316348160.jpg

Those are really really unique and beautiful pens. Yes, we would love to see more pictures please :)

I feel strange, like showing off... but here are some more pics of details..

Nice pens - the 138 an aftermarket jewelers engraving I presume? Quite aztec in its looks - works well on the pen.

Stephen

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

John Muir

Nice pens - the 138 an aftermarket jewelers engraving I presume? Quite aztec in its looks - works well on the pen.

Stephen

I guess it is a jewelers engraving, I found it like it is.... I enjoyed your "aztec" impression !!!:ltcapd:

Show off, show off for goodness sake. :clap1: I have not seen anything other than the standard MB 138 before, which is rare enough. Thank you very much for sharing. :thumbup: Great thread. Keep it coming.

Pavoni.

I guess it is a jewelers engraving, I found it like it is.... I enjoyed your "aztec" impression !!!:ltcapd:

I would go with that one if I were you (considering where you live!). An original aztec/mayan influenced MB... :P

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

John Muir

I would go with that one if I were you (considering where you live!). An original aztec/mayan influenced MB... :P

I reckon those engravings looks more aztec/mayan than the ones in the famous Aztec parker or even in the new Montblancs named after Mexican artists...

in any event your are quite right and i should...

I reckon those engravings looks more aztec/mayan than the ones in the famous Aztec parker or even in the new Montblancs named after Mexican artists...

I really like it on the 138 - a really nice addition IMHO. :thumbup:

You have some nice pens - enjoy them in good health :thumbup:

Stephen

John Muir

I really like it on the 138 - a really nice addition IMHO. :thumbup:

You have some nice pens - enjoy them in good health :thumbup:

Stephen

Thank you Stephen

I just have one thing to say..."A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever"......Hurray....bunny01.gif......

Be proud, those are some really fine looking rare MBs :thumbup: :thumbup: . Thank you again for sharing and enjoy in good health.

My link

Life is like Chinatown signage, its cluttering, confusing but everything that you need is there, just have to look harder....

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/sidestreaker/lifestyle/logo.jpg

2) Masterpiece Green Striated 142 < 144 < 146 ca.1950's (especially if the striations were straight rather than swirled)

I think the grey is probably slightly less common than the green striated and I also understand that swirls were less often found. I haven't trawled the German pen shows though or spent many years repairing/servicing as some members here have. I also believe that the 132 is probably rarer than the 138 or 139. Just picked one of them up incidentally...

Here is my grey 146 with BB nib and swirled pattern. I also have a lovely EF grey 142 - will be patient and save for the 144! There was a nice brown striated 244 on eBay yesterday - went quite cheap I thought ($750 or so). Not cheap pens of course.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5156/5905359354_5a808357d0_z.jpg

John Muir

Incidentally there is a dealer here who is offering a 142 Green Striated (straight striations) for $940...Its in perfect condition with green only slightly darkened.Now what do I do...glare.gif