Parker Ingenuity

jgoodwin1

I have read the reviews and comments and it seems to me that the writing performance of the Parker Ingenuity does not differ from the throw-away Pilot Precise rolling ball. Is there really an innovation?

Edited by sztainbok

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scrawler

• Ernst Bitterman

• rminj

• cajungizmo

I think people should try an Ingenuity before writing it off (excuse the pun). After the nib has worn a little (after a few days use) it feels extremely smooth and nothing like the scratchy Pilot V5/7.

I think people should try an Ingenuity before writing it off (excuse the pun). After the nib has worn a little (after a few days use) it feels extremely smooth and nothing like the scratchy Pilot V5/7.

In my experience it was immediately smooth as soon as I put the refill in the pen. There is no "wear in" period.

In my experience it was immediately smooth as soon as I put the refill in the pen. There is no "wear in" period.

That is strange because mine definitely felt better after a few days! I wasn't impressed to start with but now I love it.

That is strange because mine definitely felt better after a few days! I wasn't impressed to start with but now I love it.

That seems to suggest there is variability in the quality of the refill. This is one reason I do not tend to like pens that require you to throw away the writing tip when you refill the ink.

If I really wanted a pen like that, I'd just get a Sakura Pigma Micron marker, cause that's all it really is. And it doesn't pretend to be something it's not.

Parker Un-Ingenuity.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

That seems to suggest there is variability in the quality of the refill. This is one reason I do not tend to like pens that require you to throw away the writing tip when you refill the ink.

I admit that I have not used the ingenuity however I do find the Pilot V5/7 smooth and capable of rendering some variation in line thickness. Before I buy an Ingenuity, I would need more arguments. It seems that nib wear (if you can call it a nib) would be the only advantage, however you have to customize your nib every time you get a new refill.

• 8 months later...

The ingenuity is actually a fineliner designed to look like a FP, hence the fact that there is no cartridge/converter and no feed.

"One's greatness is defined not only by their deeds, but also by the pen they carry."

My YouTube Channel: InkyJoys

Inky Meanderings: my pen, paper and ink blog

Best Non-FP user line ever: "Is that a calligraphy pen?"

The Ingenuity, and the other pens that take the 5th generation refill, are comfortable writing instruments. They write smoothly, they are just wet enough, they don't skip, and the tip quickly wears to fit your writing.

It is not a fountain pen, not a ball-point, and much smoother than most fiber-tipped pens. I would recommend it to anyone who wants something close to the feel of a fountain pen without the quirks we know and accept or love.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight