It's Here, My First Nakaya

MadAmos

After much indecision, I finally chose the Long Piccolo Writer in heki tamenuri (firm M) with my name in gold maki-e kanji.

Because, as soon as I understood that the Long Piccolo was available through nibs.com, I HAD TO HAVE ONE.

So... that's my "last" Nakaya, my "last" fountain pen.

You know, now.

Time to focus on other things. She says again. There should be a FocusOnOtherThingsNetwork (yes, I see FOOT in there); that would make focusing on other things easier.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• schadowrider

• reprieve

• MadAmos

P.S. I tried PatientType's Neo Standard with B nib at Pen Posse on Saturday, and WOW! That is one fine SMOOOOOOOVE nib! And when I say "fine," I mean, I'm not talking about nib size!

I almost ordered the Long Piccolo with a B nib, that's how impressed I was with it. But I'm using my solid black Piccolo (M) with Platinum Carbon Black, and the ink lays down a slightly thicker line than, say, Noodler's Black in the same pen (literally), and I really like how the pen writes with that ink, and I don't even mind the slightly wider line, but it's still not my favorite line width. Alas.

But WOW!

etherX in To Miasto

After much indecision, I finally chose the Long Piccolo Writer in heki tamenuri (firm M) with my name in gold maki-e kanji.

Nice! And with 2 days to spare!! :thumbup:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg (member since 8/28/10) Current pens:fpn_1314757310__pen_logo_collage_083011_450_hr.jpg

Nice! And with 2 days to spare!! :thumbup:

I have been penduluming wildly between options since I placed the order for two Piccolos on July 12. That was over a Desk Pen (Heki? Negoro-style? Totally custom? What? Whaaaaat?) (Did I even NEED a THIRD Desk Pen?!)

So I was suffering a lot, as you might imagine.

I was on the "no" side of the Desk Pen question when I realized that the person in this thread (you?) who said John was selling Long Piccolos said that JOHN WAS SELLING LONG PICCOLOS. Ha ha ha! It took a few days for that to sink in. (When I think I know something, I can be oblivious to contrary information, and I knew that Aesthetic Bay had an exclusive on the Long Piccolo.)

I don't know why I wouldn't just buy the Long Piccolo from Aesthetic Bay. I don't know. But I didn't.

And now John sells them. There was no question as to whether or not I would buy one, but which urushi? Which nib? Should I opt for the B nib? It was amazingly smooth.... So MORE suffering, MORE agonizing.

Because this is IT. That's what I'm telling myself. I'm done with getting more pens. I know! Never say never. I know! But I really do have other interests! They need my resources!

Ha ha ha!

Pens are weird.

etherX in To Miasto

Man, this couldn't be a worse timing for me!

I am only finding out about the "new" Long Piccolo available in the U.S. NOW-- the second to last day before the price hike and seven days after I placed an order for a custom pen [not Nakaya]...

If I was in Taipei...

If I was in New York...

None of this would've been an issue.

I could hit the "order" button, rid of some big black pens and get on with it.

But-- being in Lagos, that's not an option... :crybaby:

Don't mind me, I am just venting, finding out about the long piccolo too late and not being able to place an order before the custom pen order and the price hike. :gaah:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Because this is IT. That's what I'm telling myself. I'm done with getting more pens. I know! Never say never. I know! But I really do have other interests! They need my resources!

Ha ha ha!

Pens are weird.

I sure do hear you -- I've had quite a few "last" pens over the years!! :embarrassed_smile:

I am at a point (for now!) where I can only get one if I sell one. Or sell something...right now it's selling some music gear I no longer use that's paying for the Seiryu Ascending Dragon Neo Standard I have on order. Which will be my last pen (and the FPN Etruria that's coming later this year doesn't count, since that's "long" since ordered and paid for... ). And that's it.

Although... that Ascending Dragon Aka-tame Gin bokashi Desk pen and Holder on the Classic Pens site sure is something to behold...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg (member since 8/28/10) Current pens:fpn_1314757310__pen_logo_collage_083011_450_hr.jpg

I too have told myself that the Nakaya I have on order will be my "last." I highly doubt it will be the last I ever buy, but it's at least the last for now. For a while. For as long as possible. (Though I was extremely tempted when the Long Piccolo debuted at Nibs.com... but, no, I must resist.)

Although... that Ascending Dragon Aka-tame Gin bokashi Desk pen and Holder on the Classic Pens site sure is something to behold...

The silver bokashi dragon is just stunning! I considered that finish instead of my heki-tame dragon, but I ultimately decided to go with the earthier, subtler heki-tame. The silver bokashi still calls to me sometimes, though.

The silver bokashi dragon is just stunning! I considered that finish instead of my heki-tame dragon, but I ultimately decided to go with the earthier, subtler heki-tame. The silver bokashi still calls to me sometimes, though.

I too generally prefer simple and subtler pens, but this one could be a definite exception!

What???? A LONG piccolo. So now I have to go against the promise to my wife and buy a third Nakaya??? The Cigar Aka-Tamenuri with a fine standard and the Piccolo Aka-Tamenuri with the medium soft and flexable just wont do now. Curse those beautiful Japanese works of art. Excuse me while I e-mail Yoko Kono at Nakaya.

Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Long Cigar, standard fine two tone nib/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Piccolo, soft medium stub in two tone/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Neo Standard, medium cursive italic/ Sailor Pro Gear fine/ Sailor Pro Gear medium cursive italic/ Pelikan M800 extra fine/ 1954 Monte Rosa medium left oblique/ Nakaya Naka-ai, medium left oblique, Heki-Tamenuri/Sailor Realo ll, medium left oblique/ Cross Townsend “Year Of The Rooster” medium/ Pilot Vanishing Point, fine.