Experience With Missing-Pen.de

gmrza

I bought an M215 nib in BB from Rolf, and it arrived along with the pack of gummi bears. Rolf also sent an email (which I missed due to being on vacation) with a lot of useful information for me since I'm new to Pelikans. Much appreciated, and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying from him again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• Chrissy

• mirosc

• Mulrich

Some time ago after all the excitement that surrounds the Lamy 2000 here I found it ugly and I decided that I will never buy it. A month ago,without any aparent reason, everything changed and I felt I must have it. So I searched for a place to buy and discovered missing-pen and Rolf and yesterday in the mail was my first Lamy 2000 with a F nib. And what can I say about the experience with Rolf? That he was patient with me waiting two weeks to decide on the nib, that he answered almost immediately to all my emails, that he made immediately an inquiry at the post when I felt the tracking was stuck,that he tried the nib as I asked and I got a nice one? Overall he is a great guy and I'm sure I'll buy from him and it seems it has great offers on a lot of other fps too. I almost forgot - I also got the gummy bears too ;)

Edited by eduardp

• 3 weeks later...

I am on my 3rd Pelikan from Rolfe. You can't beat the prices, and the customer service is phenomenal. I'm not sure if my girls get more excited over Daddy having a new pretty pen, or the gummy bears.

I also had a very pleasant experience with Rolf, purchasing a Pelikan 585 Fine nib . Fast communication and shipping, and who doesn't like gummy bears? Will be back for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Buying fountain pens and replacement nibs from Rolf (missing-pen) has been a great experience. His dedication towards his buyers is impeccable. There is prompt communication via phone or email, the package arrives also in a short period of time.

I have so far bought a Pelikan M800 tortoise with a BB nib, a Pelikan M805 with a 3B nib, a B nib for my Pelikan M1005 and finally a Montblanc 146 with a B nib.

And let us not forget the added treat of gummy bears or mint ;)

Edited by Plavix

• 1 month later...

I'm very interested in purchasing a few Pelikans from Rolf. This will be my first time buying from Germany. Would anyone mind sharing what sort of fee they paid regarding customs fees from Germany to the United States?

Got my nib from Rolf with the usual fixings, emails kept me updated. I am one happy client :)

Regards,

Simar

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

• 1 month later...

Just received my much anticipated special edition Neon Coral Lamy Safari :)

I couldn't find anyone in the UK with any left for sale and thought I'd missed the boat, so I was delighted to find missing-pen in Germany.

I appreciated his lovely customer service.

"Procrastination is the thief of time" - Edward Young

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to purchase a Pelikan M600 from Rolf. He sent me a paypal invoice for the pen. Is it really that simple (all transactions where through email)?

I'm about to purchase a Pelikan M600 from Rolf. He sent me a paypal invoice for the pen. Is it really that simple (all transactions where through email)?

Is that through his own web-site? That shouldn't be how it is done through his ebay listings

I found his pen on ebay, emailed him about a possible lower price, and he directed me to email him directly. Once I did, he replied again with an invoice.

I've bought pens before through paypal and only communicating through email. Not much more to it. Rolf is great

Same here. Never a problem. Rolf is wonderful to deal with. Just let him know what you need.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I found his pen on ebay, emailed him about a possible lower price, and he directed me to email him directly. Once I did, he replied again with an invoice.

Yes, that's not unusual. Basically, he's offering to sell it to you outside of Ebay. Since he will save on the fees, he can offer you a better price. The only drawback is you lose the recourse of giving feedback should anything go wrong, but with Rolf I don't think that is something to be concerned with. I purchased a nib from him and was very pleased, as it seems most people her are with his service. Seems to be a stand up guy!

Yes, that's not unusual. Basically, he's offering to sell it to you outside of Ebay. Since he will save on the fees, he can offer you a better price. The only drawback is you lose the recourse of giving feedback should anything go wrong, but with Rolf I don't think that is something to be concerned with. I purchased a nib from him and was very pleased, as it seems most people her are with his service. Seems to be a stand up guy!

I would have contacted him through his work email directly, but I'm really new to ebay/pay pall. Does anyone know how long it will take for the pen to reach American soil?

It varies a lot but it generally 1-3 weeks. It really depends on how long it takes to clear customs, the initial USPS sorting, and where you live. I've had packages sit in the customs/USPS sorting center for well over a week but sometimes just a day and I can't figure out why. If you want something sooner you can always pay for expedited shipping which I've had delivered from Italy in 2 days.

Typical times based on my experience:

Time to leave Europe: 1-3 days

Time in customs/USPS sorting: ??

Time from sorting to delivery: 1-5 days, depending on how close you live to the east coast

Does anyone know how long it will take for the pen to reach American soil?

• 4 weeks later...

Don't recall exactly, but it was pretty quick for me, to east coast, maybe 5 days or thereabouts.

Same for my transactions with Rolf (C/F converters both times), only to the Pacific Northwest. I've been very impressed with the shipping times, the packaging, and the Gummi Bears.

His pricing on all Pelikan nibs is great. I bought an M1000 nib from him and it was perfect. Top notch.

Just found this thread, and wish to add my voice to the chorus of praise for Rolf. I bought one of my first pens from him several months ago, and remember being so happy with the purchase and service. It's great to read of so many great experiences with Rolf that are shared here by other members.

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze