• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuhataparunks

• miatagrrl

• TommyJ

• KamenRitter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've ordered two pens from his site. They don't have as much on their eBay page, especially if you are looking for Pilot pens. I had a special order and asked about it before I ordered, it shipped relatively quickly once he got it in stock. When I had something come coinciding with that recent holiday mentioned earlier, I actually received the package before the tracking number was sent to me. Normally they are better with communication though, other than that one off with tracking number, I usually hear within 2 days.

Yes I ordered when they had a free shipping special. I am very if not extremely satisfied with my order. I ordered on a Sunday though, which really throws off shipping times; it took about a week and a half (nine days) to receive my package in the central part of the US. I imagine if order is placed on a Monday, you'd receive the package on the following Monday, 7 days.

I received a very friendly email on the day it was shipped, (sept. 9) and got it 4 days later (sept. 12).

Overall I would strongly recommend engeika simply based on the pricing... He sells bottles of iroshizuku for $14 each, which are marketed at $35 in the US: that is over half off! So not only you're saving money, but you're supporting his local business.

I initially scoffed at the $13 shipping at first, but I think it is worth it; tracking is very detailed and quick to update when it reaches the next processing center (not to mention that I think over 5000 km over an ocean in 4 days, delivered before 3PM is, pretty impressive!). EMS has their stuff on point.

Packaging was really just flawless. I am almost certain he has boxes custom made to fit the dimensions of items. If not, what a wonderful coincidence that they really fit so perfectly.

VERY satisfied customer and no I wasn't paid by engeika to write this :)!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a pair of pens from engeika, which was my first business with the shop. Taizo said he had to order them from the company first. Haven't heard from him again. Because the postal and customs service in my country is rather annoyingly inconsistent, I'm rather reluctant to purchase from international sellers, but we'll see if engeika can satisfy me.

Will make edit on this post as things develop.

in the search for the penultimate slim wooden black sumi urushi deskpen with a 0.1 mm UEF rhodium plated nib

Just ordered a pair of pens from engeika, which was my first business with the shop. Taizo said he had to order them from the company first. Haven't heard from him again. Because the postal and customs service in my country is rather annoyingly inconsistent, I'm rather reluctant to purchase from international sellers, but we'll see if engeika can satisfy me.

Will make edit on this post as things develop.

I'm curious how it will go for you. For more than 2 weeks I have a problem with him and no answer. I tried to communicate through PayPal also, but nothing and now I think I will raise a claim. Edited by eduardp

I'm curios how it will go for you. For more than 2 weeks I have a problem with him and no answer. I tried to communicate through PayPal also, but nothing and now I think I will raise a claim.

This forum discussion about taizo has made me paranoid.

His last email to me was 21st September, and after I sent him the payment, there has been no replies.

in the search for the penultimate slim wooden black sumi urushi deskpen with a 0.1 mm UEF rhodium plated nib

This forum discussion about taizo has made me paranoid.

His last email to me was 21st September, and after I sent him the payment, there has been no replies.

Try to relax. You paid through PayPal, so you're covered. The worst you file a case, you'll have to wait a while, but you'll not loose your money. Maybe is better than receiving a bad product and struggling to solve the situation.

Someone wrote some time ago that you have to be patient, that it is a cultural thing, but the way he conducts business I think is an insult to the Japanese culture (at least as much as I can understand it). Is not about culture, is about respecting your customer. I asked to have my items sealed and only one pen came in a sealed plastic bag, he told me he has to order my pens (3-5 days) and we agreed he will notice me when he ships the parcel, 10 days later I send an e-mail and he just replies with a tracking number - the parcel was already in the postal office, had to wait more days because of the customs schedule.

Cheap prices

Personalized service.

Pick one. Taizo hasnt ripped off anyone, AFAIK (I've spend about $10k on pens with him, nary a problem. Some human errors, yes - but those were rectified).

Edited by de_pen_dent

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Cheap prices

Personalized service.

Pick one. Taizo hasnt ripped off anyone, AFAIK (I've spend about $10k on pens with him, nary a problem. Some human errors, yes - but those were rectified).

Heavens, 10 grand? What kinds of pens?

And yes, I don't mind waiting for the pens at such low prices. In addition, they're better quality since they're Japan-made :D

Edited by Kuhataparunks

If there's a number of people who questioned about a seller's reputation, that is enough reason for me to not buy from that seller regardless there is also a number of people who claimed ti be extremely satisfied with the services.

I did not ever try to email engeika. I heard enough. I won't buy a thing from this seller.

Currently using Sailor Professional Gear Imperial Black
On drawer Sailor Kuro-gaki (Japanese Black Persimmon Wood)
Wishlist
Sailor King of Pen
Pilot 743 FA nib

Have purchased perhaps half a dozen pens from Tazio at engeika and from bombare over the past year and a half to two years. Very satisfied with the excellent communication, extremely fast delivery, thorough customer service, and follow up service. Needless to say, the prices were great. The pens I have purchased ranged from a couple of hundred dollars to nearly $1000 US. Both sites, which some folks say are run by the same individual, are completely satisfying in my experience. Highly recommended.

I am planning to buy a Sailor with a fude de mannen specialty nib (which will need to be special-ordered, and I've heard it takes months). It seems like Engeika is one of very few vendors selling Sailors in the U.S., so I've read through this thread of some mixed but mostly positive reviews. Engeika also seems to be the only place where Sailor product info is available in English. It seems like most buyers were happy, although some complained of communication issues, especially as related to products not really being in stock. Is this a fair assessment of the reviews here? I'd be willing to go with Engeika based on those reviews, but I also know of very few alternatives. Has anyone made a purchase through Engeika that required a special order from the manufacturer? Any other thoughts? Thanks-

- Tina

My order from engeika arrived today without any hassles. it was a special order, and so the wait was pretty much made me paranoid. Taizo finally shipped it at September 30th.

The pen was a bit scratchy due to misaligned nib, but a simple adjustment and a small patch sandpaper fixed it well.

Pretty much a satisfied customer

Edited by KamenRitter

Has anyone purchased a pen from Engeika that needed repair or replacement? I was told by Engeika that within one year of purchase, the pen would be under warranty and would be repaired or replaced free. After a year, I would have to pay for repair, but they would help me ship it to the manufacturer. Was wondering if anyone had had to do this and how it went.

Okay I was waiting for my order to arrive before chiming in here. Here's my timeline ordering a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with a PO nib directly from the Engeika website:

9/6: As per the suggestion on the site to email first when ordering this pen with a PO nib, I emailed to ask about availability. Quickly got an email back advising item wasn't in stock but would be ordered from manufacturer when an order was submitted, causing delay of a week or two.

9/12: I put the order in, and same day got automated email saying the item was ordered from manufacturer and there would be a delay (as I expected due to previous email). This email advised me to contact them if I hadn't heard anything in 9-12 working days.

9/23: I sent an email asking for an update.

9/25: I sent another email requesting an update.

9/25: got a response stating that they were still waiting for the pen.

10/1: got a shipping notice and tracking number.

10/4: the pen had an attempted delivery but I wasn't home to sign for it. I'm in So. California so it went through LA customs.

10/6: picked up the pen from the post office (and the 4 bottles of Pilot-Iroshuzuki ink I purchased to get to the $200 free shipping threshold - great deal at half-off standard US pricing!).

The ink and pen were packed great and the box came through without a dent. The pen is all that others have previously reviewed here, and the PO nib is going to be perfect for small, precise printing in my planner, which is what I wanted it for. The nib, with its downward curve, is so unique and beautiful. Great experience as far as I'm concerned, and I appreciate the comments from others which made me somewhat comfortable ordering from another country in general and this vendor in particular. I will definitely order from Engeika again, given prices, availability of pens/colors not available in US, and now a level of comfort with a good customer experience.

Okay I was waiting for my order to arrive before chiming in here. Here's my timeline ordering a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with a PO nib directly from the Engeika website:

The ink and pen were packed great and the box came through without a dent. The pen is all that others have previously reviewed here, and the PO nib is going to be perfect for small, precise printing in my planner, which is what I wanted it for. The nib, with its downward curve, is so unique and beautiful. Great experience as far as I'm concerned, and I appreciate the comments from others which made me somewhat comfortable ordering from another country in general and this vendor in particular. I will definitely order from Engeika again, given prices, availability of pens/colors not available in US, and now a level of comfort with a good customer experience.

You sound exactly like me!! I also got a 912 PO from my first engeika purchase, except I wish that I'd have gotten MANY more Iro inks to avail that huge markdown and the free shipping! Luckily I didn't have any availability issues; I got the PO nib and pen 6 days after placing the order ^_^

Good thing eBay has Iro inks for Japan prices, though. F'n crazy how US vendors markup literally over twice the price for that stuff :x

3 days my king of pen took to travel from japan to the uk however its been sat in customs for 5 days. Delivery will be tomorrow

<strong class='bbc'>Current Pens</strong>Montblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

If there's a number of people who questioned about a seller's reputation, that is enough reason for me to not buy from that seller <snip>

Given the crowd you're dealing with on this board, I don't think a single retailer, pen manufacturer, or ink brand is going to make it through that filter for long. :-)

Just recieved my king of pen imaculate outer box. Imaculate inner wooden box and inside was a completely sealed king of pen. I had to use scissors to cut the selophane wrapper open. It writes as it should do wonderfully

<strong class='bbc'>Current Pens</strong>Montblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

I ordered a pen with a nib that I knew was not in stock 9/20/14. On 9/24/14 I got an email indicating that shipment was on hold until delivered from the manufacturer (Sailor). The product was delivered 10/04/14. Packaging was perfect and the price, superior. I am very happy with this but it is the only order that I have placed with them.