Top Posters In This Topic

• penrivers

• alvarez57

• jon

• farmdogfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful shot, Beechwood!

Decided to try the drag and drop Karmachanic mentioned. This was a sharp-shinned hawk that ran into a window while chasing a bird at one of my feeders. He was stunned long enough for me to take a picture before he flew off, apparently no worse for the wear.

3I0A2753-Edit-2.jpg

On 9/30/2020 at 9:23 PM, penrivers said:

Grass 2.

fpn_1601518972___dsc0173_copy_789.jpg

Gorgeous!  (now I seem to be even more in need of an "Iris" TWSBI :-)   Thanks to all of you for such remarkable photos.   (Surely only a bird could have captured some of these!)  

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 7:53 AM, jon said:

Waiting through the cold snap, looking out the window. Zero degrees this morning, which is very rare for Arkansas. 

3I0A3175-Edit-XL.jpg

I love your bird photos.... especially those White-crowned Sparrows! 

--Mark Twain

Rough times right now, what with cold temperatures, snow, power outages...  In-between those things, there are the few moments that we can savour. 

1774062228_SangredeCristosSunset16Feb2021DSCN3097smallest.thumb.jpg.bdc828289407effe5110a119705afb43.jpg

Life still has grand and glorious things for us to see.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:21 PM, jon said:

Thanks! Here's another one:

3I0A3340-Edit-2-X2.jpg

This dove is gorgeous and this framing, so painterly.  Is it a mourning dove?  (It's got some tremendous insulation!) 

Everyone's photos in this thread are so outstanding--an antidote to these difficult times--weather nightmares, pandemic, or just plain winter blues.  Thank you, everyone!    ~M

--Mark Twain

17 hours ago, Madeline said:

This dove is gorgeous and this framing, so painterly.  Is it a mourning dove?  (It's got some tremendous insulation!) 

Everyone's photos in this thread are so outstanding--an antidote to these difficult times--weather nightmares, pandemic, or just plain winter blues.  Thank you, everyone!    ~M

Yes, mourning dove. I agree about the pictures in this thread. There are some amazingly talented photographers on here, and from all over. Thanks to all of you, and keep them coming!

• 2 months later...

Springtime in the Ozarks... My wife and I spent a few days around the Buffalo River area. Redbuds, dogwoods, waterfalls. Wonderful time.

3I0A3897-Edit-X2.jpg

3I0A3968-HDR-Edit-X3.jpg

3I0A3995-HDR-Edit-X3.jpg

3I0A3996-Edit-X3.jpg

A couple of recent shots from a roadtrip in Arizona...

1091964955_BroadBillNo5PatagoniaAZApr2021_DSC5786small.thumb.jpg.a9a5a8b119bc762ea167fae49e381380.jpg

1269155284_GilaWoodpeckerPatagoniaAZApr2021_DSC5599small.thumb.jpg.3e18bd57286f88e24a242e0839b00cbf.jpg

There are many beautiful sights out there, if we but take a few moments to spot them...

John P.

• 6 months later...

It's been a while... I've missed seeing pictures from everywhere.

Yesterday my wife and I were out with her visiting parents. On the way home, a desire was strongly expressed to find a restroom. Though we had not planned this stop, I knew there were public facilities at the nearby T.R. Memorial Park in North Little Rock. The park is home to the Old Mill, a concrete construction made about ninety-something years ago to resemble an old mill. Its greatest claim to fame is probably that it appeared in the opening credits to "Gone With the Wind". Anyway, it was a good stop to make, as it was looking very nice in some fall colors.

3I0A5713-Pano-2-2-L.jpg

3I0A5716-2-L.jpg

3I0A5722-2-L.jpg

3I0A5700-3-L.jpg

On 12/10/2020 at 12:25 AM, JonSzanto said:

This will count as another user becoming acquainted with the structure of the new forum software, and linkage of external images.

spacer.png

Really nice looking pen set.

Could a picture of the nib be added? Also, what model is that? thank you.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• 2 weeks later...

Photos needed ?   O.K., I can help on that.

Here's a shot from the tail-end of a business trip of some 1,400 miles drive last month, stopping for the night at a classic Route 66 motel in Tucumcari, NM.  Lots of wonderful sights to be found if we're awake, aware, and alert...

John P.

Blue Swallow Motel at Night No 1_DSC4629 small.jpg