PROS
Smooth
Great For Fountain Pens
Doesn't bleed
CONS
Wish For Colors
BEST USES
Correspondence
Comments about Paper Store 24/7 Onion Skin White Paper - 8 1/2 x 11 in 9 lb Bond Smooth 500 per Ream:
This paper is wonderful for fountain pens. It is hard to find and it is great it is here. The finish is smooth, it doesn't bleed and makes ink pop. I wish it came in more colors. I am certain any writer or artist who needs onion skin paper will find this meets their needs beautifully.
BOTTOM LINE Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I saw that review too!

It is on my wish list now! :)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

I think I might pick up a sample pack of that Onion Skin in the next couple weeks.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Maybe we should pitch in a buy it. The shipping is the same cost as the paper.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but if it gives sheen, I'll take a couple of sheets if someone wants to sell me some.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Montblanc Honore de Balzac exhibits quite a nice red sheen. Definitely one of my favorite inks overall, if only Montblanc could offer it as a standard option.

post-108956-0-54873400-1414369566_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I see on Sach's list of sheeny inks (on page 12??), that there is a question mark next to Private Reserve Blue Suede. I have used this ink with no sheen visible for a little while (really love the colour) but last night I was writing a letter (Sheaffer diamond fine nib - no sheen) and decided to write the address on my envelope with a copperplate dip nib… I was so excited to see the sheen forming as the ink dried!!

post-107306-0-54853200-1415349679.jpg

I started a separate thread about my discovery but thought I'd come and add it to this thread as well. The sheen is really lovely.

post-107306-0-61327500-1415349680.jpg

(written on Tomoe River Paper)

Edited by Callique

Awesome Callique .... I had no idea about Blue Suede..

Here below is my sheen comparison... I always stated that BlackStone Red Cashmere can kick Rouge Hematite out of the park.... proof below.

Red Cashmere is a deep dark red, the whole thing sheens like crazy on most papers...

fpn_1415363464__sheen.jpg

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Awesome Callique .... I had no idea about Blue Suede..

Here below is my sheen comparison... I always stated that BlackStone Red Cashmere can kick Rouge Hematite out of the park.... proof below.

Red Cashmere is a deep dark red, the whole thing sheens like crazy on most papers...

Claudia!!!! Is this awesomeness available somewhere???!!! :drool:

It is the powdered ink from Australian company JustWrite. Some of us have been testing it, but it's not on the market yet. It's called Susemai powdered ink.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

It is the powdered ink from Australian company JustWrite. Some of us have been testing it, but it's not on the market yet. It's called Susemai powdered ink.

Well... actually the real name is BlackStone... SuSeMai was the "Code Name" (Super Secret Maker of Ink) ;)

The BlackStone Powder Inks were unveiled during the Toronto Pen Show (follow the link in my signature) ... they will be soon on the market. They are the most amazing inks with the most amazing properties. Lots of reviews and testing on the Inky Thoughts thread. Look for Red Cashmere, Blue Cashmere and Black Cashmere,

If you feel like you need them NOW... drop a line to Kevin at JustWrite.com.au and gently beg for it. :D

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Just want to say I love this thread and spend a good deal of the time I should put to studying and working on papers scrolling through these many pages of SHEEN. Here is my contribution to this hoard. They are ink splatters of Namiki Blue which has this beautiful reddish sheen (strangely reminiscent of ballpoint ink) taken with a cell camera.

post-104427-0-64196400-1415409731_thumb.jpg

post-104427-0-47007200-1415409741_thumb.jpg

post-104427-0-49195400-1415409750_thumb.jpg

Well... actually the real name is BlackStone... SuSeMai was the "Code Name" (Super Secret Maker of Ink) ;)

The BlackStone Powder Inks were unveiled during the Toronto Pen Show (follow the link in my signature) ... they will be soon on the market. They are the most amazing inks with the most amazing properties. Lots of reviews and testing on the Inky Thoughts thread. Look for Red Cashmere, Blue Cashmere and Black Cashmere,

If you feel like you need them NOW... drop a line to Kevin at JustWrite.com.au and gently beg for it. :D

C.

Been lurking for a while now, but I have to say that sheen's so good that I just sent him an email asking for samples. Oh man. Good thing I live in Australia...?

• 3 weeks later...

I was messing around on some cheap paper with PR Black Magic Blue, and look what popped up! (Sorry for the potato)

post-116026-0-97758300-1416941337_thumb.jpg

post-116026-0-49765400-1416941360_thumb.jpg

Riayian:

JustWrite has been having some internet issues - if you didn't get a response to your previous email, try again now.