Pilot Prera Madness

Solstice

I'm kind of down in the dumps today and was thinking about adding to my Prera empire to make myself feel better. Am I being irrational to want it in all the colors? Anyone else out there who likes this pen and has collected them all?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• myyrkezaan

• Misfit

• USMCMom

• Solstice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the Prera and have two - Beige and Lime Green. I think a couple of new Preras would be a good way to cheer yourself up. Go for it! :thumbup:

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

I'm getting close, at least on the 'solid' colours. I've not started on the demonstrators, though, since they seem to be rather more expensive.

Or maybe you could collect the Lucina instead. They're more expensive, but there aren't as many of them, and they're less annoyingly small.

Photo, photo!!!!!!

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I'm getting close, at least on the 'solid' colours.

+1 for a pic :)

I forgot all about the demonstrators so my collection may get even bigger than I thought at first. The main thing holding me back from trying the Lucina is always thinking I can have 2 Preras/other similarly-priced pens for almost the same price. I also can't tell the difference (other than cosmetic) between the 2 pens, but that's likely just ignorance on my part. I like the red Lucina and don't have a red pen yet so the temptation is there.

I ended up ordering the lime, pink and soft blue Preras, as well as some new ink from the Goulets. Major pen and ink pity party. But sometimes you just need to do it.

I've received 1 in the mail and am in the process of getting more and also some Lucina's. I'll post what I have when I get them.

I've received 1 in the mail and am in the process of getting more and also some Lucina's. I'll post what I have when I get them.

That would be great. I'll try to take a pic too of all 4 of my "tropical" colors together - based on package tracking, it looks like tomorrow will be Christmas in June. Laughed at myself today when I realized in the past 2 weeks, I ordered 1 pen as a reward for tennis performance, but 3 pens and 3 bottles of ink to cure feeling sad :rolleyes: Think I need to reverse that pattern, lol.

Just remember folks the Ecrino is the US version of the Lucina, and is $51.75 shipped from worldlux and you can get it in fine med and broad.... with a 3 year warranty.

but on the Prera I like them and the Plumix nib is interchangeable with them.

Edited by farseer911

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

Just remember folks the Ecrino is the US version of the Lucina, and is $51.75 shipped from worldlux and you can get it in fine med and broad.... with a 3 year warranty.

They only have blue and red.

Right now, they also have it in black and green. I have them.... here somewhere. but they do make black and green too.

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

Right now, they also have it in black and green. I have them.... here somewhere. but they do make black and green too.

Probably out then, just checked and only blue and red available.

I really, really like the lime green Prera!! How small are they???

4 3/4" capped.

4 1/4 uncapped

5 51/4" posted

Hubby and I are short 3 solid colors. I'm trying to decide if I like all the colors well enough to get them all. I really want the transparent ones, but want to find them gently preowned cheaper.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

I really, really like the lime green Prera!! How small are they???

4 3/4" capped.

4 1/4 uncapped

5 51/4" posted

Hubby and I are short 3 solid colors. I'm trying to decide if I like all the colors well enough to get them all. I really want the transparent ones, but want to find them gently preowned cheaper.

Thank you.

When I can get one, I want a lime Prera.

Well I was a frustrated gal this afternoon. My new bottles of ink came, but not my new pens yet :gaah:

Also having a mildly annoying problem with the yellow Prera I already have - a couple days ago, one of my cat's hairs somehow got on the nib. I barely, and I mean barely, touched the nib with my fingernail to remove it, but it still made some extra ink come out. I was surprised because I hardly even made contact, much less applied any pressure on the nib, so I don't know why that would happen. Since then, started having some slight nib creep, and now there are some gunk spots inside the cap so that when I post it, it gets on the body and I have to keep wiping it off. I wonder if it's safe to flush the cap with water and see if it comes out?

Well I was a frustrated gal this afternoon. My new bottles of ink came, but not my new pens yet :gaah:

Also having a mildly annoying problem with the yellow Prera I already have - a couple days ago, one of my cat's hairs somehow got on the nib. I barely, and I mean barely, touched the nib with my fingernail to remove it, but it still made some extra ink come out. I was surprised because I hardly even made contact, much less applied any pressure on the nib, so I don't know why that would happen. Since then, started having some slight nib creep, and now there are some gunk spots inside the cap so that when I post it, it gets on the body and I have to keep wiping it off. I wonder if it's safe to flush the cap with water and see if it comes out?

Flush away. No problems. My Prera burped when I went to flagstaff a few weeks ago (higher elevation). I just rinsed out the cap, dried it, wiped off the pen, and was good to go.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

The good news is, all my loot is finally here and I got that cap clean without any problems.

The bad news, I tried inking one of the new ones tonight from a bottle and had a problem with sluggish ink flow. Found a thread here that said when this happens with a brand new pen, flush and try again. I don't have one of those bulb thingies yet, so I let the remaining ink back out into the bottle and rinsed the nib and converter in the sink until the water was clear. Going to let them dry overnight and get a bulb tomorrow and repeat, then ink again.

This was actually the first time I ever filled a converter so maybe I unknowingly did something wrong. It pulled up a good amount of ink so I was excited, but then it didn't want to come out. Hopefully it just needs a good rinse and flush. The technique in the FP 101 video on Ink Nouveau seemed pretty straightforward and that's what I used as my guide.

After you fill the converter, reverse it and let 2-3 drops out, then put the nib up and bring the converter piston back. If the converter is completely full, the ink won't flow well, because you will be creating a vacuum. By letting a few drops out, you leave an air space behind the ink so it will flow better. By letting a few drops out, you will also fill the feed with ink, and the pen will be ready to write.

Another post mentioned ink leaking into the cap and getting on the barrel when posting. You might want to try another ink. I would suggest one of the Waterman or Parker Quink inks (both are readily available in many stationery stores). These inks are called low maintenance and generally do not leak into caps. Higher maintenance inks will work just fine in your pen, but they need, well, more maintenance, in order to perform properly. I would suggest using low maintenance until you get your pen working the way you want and then try other inks.

Dave

Never heard of a pen having a a fur ball before :).

Completed my orders and this is what I'll be receiving:

Vivid Pink fine

Slate fine

Aqua Blue fine

Ivory medium

Lime Green medium

Dark Blue medium

Yellow medium

And I already have the White fine.

Never heard of a pen having a a fur ball before :).

Completed my orders and this is what I'll be receiving:

Vivid Pink fine

Slate fine

Aqua Blue fine

Ivory medium

Lime Green medium

Dark Blue medium

Yellow medium

And I already have the White fine.

Isn't there a dark brown?