• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KrazyIvan

• lovemy51

• Scrawler

• mr T.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I said no more Chinese pens, but the Hero 100 Glorious is one I would consider. Because it is hooded and looks sturdy. But for that price I could get a decent and realiable Parker 45 or Sheaffer 444.

I have a Chinese pen question, but I am reluctant to start an entire thread about it. How does the Wing Sung 612 compare to the Hero 616 and Hero 100?

Gobblecup ~

I have a Chinese pen question, but I am reluctant to start an entire thread about it. How does the Wing Sung 612 compare to the Hero 616 and Hero 100?

I have both Hero 100 and 616 but not Wing Sung 612. My preference:

1. Hero 100 - it has a 14k nib - very good, smooth (if you are lucky), the pen is full size and nicely balanced. I bought two and both cracked in the barrel after few years of careful handling.

2. Hero 616 is a bit smaller, lighter and a steel nib. A good pen but not as good as Hero 100.

3. Wing Sung 612 - judging from the price it would be on the same level as Hero 616 - but this is only my guess.

Twsbi Diamond 530

TWSBI is not Chinese. It is Tiawanese.

Isn't Taiwan technically the Republic of China? As apposed to the Peoples Republic of China which is mainland China?

politician and idiot are synonymous terms - Mark Twain

Twsbi Diamond 530

TWSBI is not Chinese. It is Tiawanese.

Isn't Taiwan technically the Republic of China? As apposed to the Peoples Republic of China which is mainland China?

In Taiwan's opinion Taiwan is Taiwan, it's own country, independent from the Chinese mainland. In The People's Republic of China's opinion Taiwan is just a rouge province, and is still part of their country. But don't expect the Taiwanese to put Made in China on any of their exports. It may not be a matter of ethnicity, but there is a political, at the very least, distinction between China and Taiwan. And for the past half century Taiwanese products have had a reputation for being of a higher quality than Chinese, although this no doubt is changing now, and has been subject to many variables.

Gobblecup ~

I have a Hero 892, which is basically a Hero 800 with the Raden finish, and Hero 800 is a Parker 45 clone. Produced back in the 90s and hard to find even in China.

post-57482-0-50811800-1309731105.jpg

I buy my chinese pens from ebay seller gotoschool888. They are very reliable and a fraction of the price of some non ebay sellers for exactly the same pens.

gotoschool888 isn't a registered user/seller on eBay anymore.

Just to put it out there, my mum owns the following:

Hero 616 (the ones from Ebay)

Hero 616 ("vintage style" from ebay)

Hero 616 (Actual vintage NOS - in both silver and gold)

Wing Sung 612

Wing Sung 612 A

Hero 329 (Both the star trek style and the newer style, both NOS)

Hero 331

Hero 100

I believe these are all hooded nibbed pens? See a pattern? (Yes, she loves her hooded nibs).

So far, her favourites have been the Wing Sung 612, and the Hero 100. The Hero 100 has an edge over the Wing Sung simply due to the fact that it writes wetter than the Wing Sung, and is better built. However, factor in the cost, and the Wing Sung 612 definitely comes out on top. <$5 shipped, and although it's slightly on the light side, it is quite well made.

I have a Hero 892, which is basically a Hero 800 with the Raden finish, and Hero 800 is a Parker 45 clone. Produced back in the 90s and hard to find even in China.

How much of a clone is it? Does it have a screw-off nib/feed/collar similar to that of a Parker 45?

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

I buy my chinese pens from ebay seller gotoschool888. They are very reliable and a fraction of the price of some non ebay sellers for exactly the same pens.

gotoschool888 isn't a registered user/seller on eBay anymore.

I noticed that too. After reading this thread I started looking around for another Jinhao 321 and I can't find one! A google search turned up a bunch of FPN threads but no sales. Too bad. It was one of the best Chinese pens I've bought.

Atomic Leo

How much of a clone is it? Does it have a screw-off nib/feed/collar similar to that of a Parker 45?

I haven't tried to screw off the nib section, but I guess it can. My pen has loaded ink so I don't want to to try right now. Well, Hero 892 is not exactly a Hero 800. I put these two side by side to take a picture.

post-57482-0-31345100-1309877002.jpg

Edited by ggggggh

I haven't tried to screw off the nib section, but I guess it can. My pen has loaded ink so I don't want to to try right now. Well, Hero 892 is not exactly a Hero 800. I put these two side by side to take a picture.

Ok. I tried the Hero 800. The nib/feed section can be screwed-off. I guess this is also the case for Hero 892.

Ok. I tried the Hero 800. The nib/feed section can be screwed-off. I guess this is also the case for Hero 892.

Do you mean that the nib/feed comes out of the section or that the section containing the nib/feed comes off the barrel?

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Do you mean that the nib/feed comes out of the section or that the section containing the nib/feed comes off the barrel?

The former one, surely.