Italix 'parsons' Essential' Fountain Pen.

Lorna Reed

How very weird, I went onto Mr Pen's website just a couple of days ago and what I saw that day was completely different. Just been on only two minutes or so ago and it was back to what I remembered it as. Thank goodness, it would be ashame to see this great pen disappear.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• papabear16

• Harlequin

• cbaytan

• pjford

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our server went down at the weekend and what appeared was the website we had ten years ago, yes I have no idea either. We use a dedicated server to avoid down time so it does not happen often but this time it dropped off a cliff. At the age of seventy one I will in the next few years be looking to sell my beloved Italix Pen Company and MrPen, but not yet. We now offer eleven ranges of pens, several colours and export around the globe. Peter Ford at MrPen

http://mrpen.co.uk/contents/media/flowlittle.png www.mrpen.co.uk

Thanks for this info Peter, I thought my senility was out of control for a while. Bought my Parson's Essential late last year and have not stopped using it. Thanks for a great pen and service of the same standard.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

• 5 months later...

Has anyone bought one of the excellent Parsons pen with normal broad, xenon italic nib? Is it a wet flowing pen, and how broad is it?

Has anyone bought one of the excellent Parsons pen with normal broad, xenon italic nib? Is it a wet flowing pen, and how broad is it?

I have in fact bought this very pen and its one of my very favorites. Wet without being a gusher, broad without being overbroad, and buttery smooth. I have a green one inked with Robert Oster Tranquility (deep green teal with red sheen), a beautiful combination. One thing I will say: mine first came with a clip that was too stiff to use, and mr pen replaced it without question. You cant go wrong with this pen in my opinion.

Edited by writerstephen

Peter, never would have guessed you were same age as me! I'm only 30 days into the FP world, and yesterday made the happy discovery of Italix. Ordered a PE in medium italic thru amazon.uk before becoming aware of your website, and a few minutes ago ordered an English Curate in fine right oblique non italic. I have high expectations for the writing experience of both based on threads here on FPN and youtube reviews! Paul from Arizona

• 2 years later...

Hey, just want to give a shoutout to the Parson's Essential. I have been using this pen for a while, on and off around 2 years-ish and is a wonderful pen. I didnt baby it but toss it into my pencil cases, clip on shirts and in bags and it has been working fine. I use the EF nib btw and there isnt any leak and it's on the dry side.
My black lacquered surfaces are scratched from the uses and it is feeling a little sticky probably from my grimy hands, can I ask what should I do to remove the stickiness, I have done wipes with wet clothes and rubbing alcohol(topical) but they dont seem to be removing the stickiness.

I would contact Mr. Ford directly for information on clean up. I too have had mine for years. I bought it after seeing the original posts in this thread. It is red with a medium stub. It is in weekly use if not daily. It has a few scars but not bad ones.

It might be the nicest writer I own.

• 1 month later...

I have two Parson's Essentials from Italix, yes a flying below the radar brand. The JOWO #5 nibs used are smooth writers and the pens themselves are constant companions on my desk. I would call Italix less a small pen brand and more a small cult built around a pen maker. Yeah, I have to grab another when the pandemic winds down a bit.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography