Missing: (Presumed Stolen) Sailor Naginata Togi

Tulku

john henry is slang from the USA for a signature"just put your John Henry right here..."I assume this has something to do with John Hancock's expressive signature on the Declaration of Independence(edited to correct egregious spelling error)
Thanks for that... I've now learned something new :thumbup: I would avoid any postal service that claims to 'Go that extra mile' ... means your post will be delivered to the next village!

Thanks for a good laugh. In this case they obviously went "that extra mile." :roflmho:

In response to the slang "John Henry" reference, my girlfriend and best mate quipped that the "John Henry" Terminator; from The Sarah Connor Chronicles came back through time to stop me receiving the pen.

They have theorised that I was going to write something with that particular pen that would alter the course of history and hence I had to be stopped. I think they were joking, but...

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”

- George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tulku

• Bo Bo Olson

• beak

• chunya

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread is as nerve wrackingly frustrating as all the TWSBI threads. I really hope that at the very least, you get reimbursed for your lost.

AusPost is pathetic, and I've had numerous issues with them in WA

AHHHHH, now im paranoid about my coming package not being delivered to me!!!!! :gaah:

keep us posted ( no pun intended) on the outcome! Hope you get your pen soon. Good Luck

If only money didn't exist, and pens grew on trees...

john henry is slang from the USA for a signature"just put your John Henry right here..."I assume this has something to do with John Hancock's expressive signature on the Declaration of Independence(edited to correct egregious spelling error)
Thanks for that... I've now learned something new :thumbup: I would avoid any postal service that claims to 'Go that extra mile' ... means your post will be delivered to the next village!

Thanks for a good laugh. In this case they obviously went "that extra mile." :roflmho:

In response to the slang "John Henry" reference, my girlfriend and best mate quipped that the "John Henry" Terminator; from The Sarah Connor Chronicles came back through time to stop me receiving the pen.

They have theorised that I was going to write something with that particular pen that would alter the course of history and hence I had to be stopped. I think they were joking, but...

Well, for the sake of the future of mankind, we should either club together and replace your pen or ........ hang on ...... 'I'll be back ...'

post-71291-0-91340800-1309624924.jpg

Edited by chunya

Today I received a reply from the Postal Ombudsman about my missing pens. Following a detailed form filling session on the ombudsman's website, during which I relayed all of my contact with Australia Post, the ombudsman let me know....................................................wait for it.................................................that........................................................

they do not do anything until I have contacted Australia Post. :bonk:

AP is an institution here; we see the posties on their little bikes getting the mails though in all sorts of winds and weathers, and the staff seem polite and reasonably helpful when you go to the post office, but when something goes wrong, 'forget it' seems to be the thing - that's what they do.

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

Keep pestering them!!!!

If only money didn't exist, and pens grew on trees...

Today I received a reply from the Postal Ombudsman about my missing pens. Following a detailed form filling session on the ombudsman's website, during which I relayed all of my contact with Australia Post, the ombudsman let me know....................................................wait for it.................................................that........................................................

they do not do anything until I have contacted Australia Post. :bonk:

AP is an institution here; we see the posties on their little bikes getting the mails though in all sorts of winds and weathers, and the staff seem polite and reasonably helpful when you go to the post office, but when something goes wrong, 'forget it' seems to be the thing - that's what they do.

Hopefully I get a more sensible reply from the Ombudsman than that one Beak.

Have you contacted the Ombudsman again and "politely" asked them to read over your report so they can see you have already contacted Australia Post? If they're anything like most of the government departments I have dealt; with they will probably need you to explain it at least two or three times before they understand.

Best of luck with your enquiry.

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”

- George Bernard Shaw

Yes I requested by return e-mail that they read the first. Nothing yet.

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.