FPN Pen: Store Open To Voters!

Admin

Wim I just sent a PM to the Admin team about that FPN Store line which I missed until now. I was clued into the Blue Update progressions.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• SamCapote

• RMN

• Delphideo

Top Posters In This Topic

wimg, wasn't there an option discussed to order more than the one nib with the Etruria's that can be unscrewed & user swapped, or am I losing my mind? (Edit: added link to your post about that--but not sure if it is practical for a user to change their own nib)

I'm just waiting on that before paying for these:

Etruria, Blue Celluloid (Acetate), Vermeil Trim, PF, 18K Duotone nib

&

Passaporto Azzurite, Gold Coloured Trim, M nib only

Finally, with all those nibs displayed here, I'm having a hard time deciding. On the wide end, I'm torn between Italic 0.9, 1.1, and 52. On the small end between XF & F.

Which one (or two) nib do you find yourself using the most? Thanks! This is why I'm thinking of getting an extra nib or two. Can we do that back channel?

Edited by SamCapote

Hi all

Like everybody else, I am grateful to all the people who are investing so much effort to arrange this LE pen.

I am not bothered so much by the shipping (which is expensive) since the purchase price is probably discounted and they balance, but I would prefer the regular mail option if it was possible to make it available.

Here in Israel, firms like DHL charge for clearance from customs in addition to the carriage fee, but regular mail doesn't, so the DHL option could cost a lot more than the 20 euro.

If possible, regular mail please

Thanks

Chaim

Chaim Seymour

David Elazar 8

Givat Shemuel

Israel

Hi all

Like everybody else, I am grateful to all the people who are investing so much effort to arrange this LE pen.

I am not bothered so much by the shipping (which is expensive) since the purchase price is probably discounted and they balance, but I would prefer the regular mail option if it was possible to make it available.

Here in Israel, firms like DHL charge for clearance from customs in addition to the carriage fee, but regular mail doesn't, so the DHL option could cost a lot more than the 20 euro.

If possible, regular mail please

Thanks

Chaim

Previously in this thread wim mentioned it wouldn't be possible.

[. . .] Could we get normal shipping? I wouldn't really care how long it takes for to get here, as everything takes awhile to get to Australia.

Sorry, we can't.

Any other way would mean shipping twice, which, even if done via the cheapest route thereafter, would cost significantly more from Europe to Australia in any case.

This honestly is the best we can do. We investigated all possibilities open to us.

Warm regards, Wim

In some things in life it's better to take a Zen approach. If you think too much you won't achieve your goal, wheras if you don't think and let yourself go, it shall be achieved with ease. I find this helpful in writing, kendo and music.

wimg, wasn't there an option discussed to order more than the one nib with the Etruria's that can be unscrewed & user swapped, or am I losing my mind? (Edit: added link to your post about that--but not sure if it is practical for a user to change their own nib)

I'm just waiting on that before paying for these:

Etruria, Blue Celluloid (Acetate), Vermeil Trim, PF, 18K Duotone nib

&

Passaporto Azzurite, Gold Coloured Trim, M nib only

Finally, with all those nibs displayed here, I'm having a hard time deciding. On the wide end, I'm torn between Italic 0.9, 1.1, and 52. On the small end between XF & F.

Which one (or two) nib do you find yourself using the most? Thanks! This is why I'm thinking of getting an extra nib or two. Can we do that back channel?

Yes, you can always contact me backchannel, Sam.

There may be a little delay in my answering, however, because this week I am away from home a lot, traveling the country for work, with relatively little access to the internet.

As to the extra nibs, I'll ask Stipula what the options are. It'll be cheaper, very likely, ordering those with pen(s) rather than separately.

Regarding which ones to choose: myself, I use 0.9 italic, 1.1 italic, and M nibs most. I'll check out my collection again, after I get home (still at work currently, small break :D), as I can't remember for sure now what my Stipula nib distribution is, but I do think of those three I have the most by far (and I own 40 Stipulas currently, of which 34 are Etrurias).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

The wait is already killing me, and I've got six more months to go. GAH!

Why 6 months? Do you expect selling all of the pens to take 3 1/2 to 4 months? I hope not... :D

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

To all of you feeling left out, or having missed the voting, please do check your PMs. ;)

Warm regards, WIm

the Mad Dutchman

As to the extra nibs, I'll ask Stipula what the options are. It'll be cheaper, very likely, ordering those with pen(s) rather than separately.

Regarding which ones to choose: myself, I use 0.9 italic, 1.1 italic, and M nibs most. I'll check out my collection again, after I get home (still at work currently, small break :D), as I can't remember for sure now what my Stipula nib distribution is, but I do think of those three I have the most by far (and I own 40 Stipulas currently, of which 34 are Etrurias).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Wim, thanks for your kindness. I really really appreciate everything you are doing, and the time your generously with each of us, post after post. You have the patience of Job'

I'm gonna lock in and pay for the 0.9 italic which I was leaning towards. If I can add an extra nib later without screwing up your organizing who gets what, that would be sweet. I was thinking I had to buy everything together at one time.

If you could ONLY have two nibs for your Etrurias, which would you get based on your experience.

FYI...I noticed on checking out...when I get to the confirm and pay, the specific nib (0.9 italic) I ordered is not listed in receipt details for the Etruria, as it is for the Passaporto. So I don't have any proof of what Etruria nib I ordered.

This was already answered in the blog-post: Fpn Pen: Store Open To Voters!

in one of the initial remarks.

The invoice does not state the nib (and indeed only one pen while I bought 2 in my case) but the detailed log does.

What I always do when ordering on the net is make a screenprintout of the ordering pages. That way you also have some proof.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

The invoice does not state the nib (and indeed only one pen while I bought 2 in my case) but the detailed log does.

What I always do when ordering on the net is make a screenprintout of the ordering pages. That way you also have some proof.

D.ick

I didn't see that in the blog, but have not read it exhaustively. When you say "detailed log does," do you mean the forum admin store logs?

Normally, I also do a screenshot, but I have a high trust level for FPN.

I figured since the nib was specified with the Passaporto on checkout, maybe the admins didn't realize it was not showing on the Etruria. It was just my clumsy way of trying to give constructive feedback. :embarrassed_smile:

Fantastic, except I don't have the money for it yet :( Bummer! I won't have the funds for a few more weeks. Will these be available for a while?

It depends on how fast these go, of course, but even at the current rate of take-up, I would say yes, a few more weeks should still be ok. :D

Warm regards, Wim

I got nearly to my PayPal limit, and it's taken 2 weeks+ to get a bank account set up for that (NOT going to use our main acct!!). But I got the ID #s today, sent them to PayPal, and I really hope things will be in working order by Friday. I've been gritting my teeth, worrying about the deadlines here.

A zillion thank-yous to you, Wimg and all the other Admins who have taken care of these special pen orders for us. :clap1:

D.ick

I didn't see that in the blog, but have not read it exhaustively. When you say "detailed log does," do you mean the forum admin store logs?

Normally, I also do a screenshot, but I have a high trust level for FPN.

I figured since the nib was specified with the Passaporto on checkout, maybe the admins didn't realize it was not showing on the Etruria. It was just my clumsy way of trying to give constructive feedback. :embarrassed_smile:

Hi Sam,

With the Passaporto Chrome it says F or M nib on the invoice you receive, on the Gold Coloured version it says M nib, on the Modellot Ts it says T-Flex Titanium nib - these are in the description which is why you find them on the invoice. This is not the case with the Etrurias - too long a list.

However, on the invoice stored on the system, and on the shipping order that will go to Stipula, it does state each individual nib choice specifically.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Fantastic, except I don't have the money for it yet :( Bummer! I won't have the funds for a few more weeks. Will these be available for a while?

It depends on how fast these go, of course, but even at the current rate of take-up, I would say yes, a few more weeks should still be ok. :D

Warm regards, Wim

I got nearly to my PayPal limit, and it's taken 2 weeks+ to get a bank account set up for that (NOT going to use our main acct!!). But I got the ID #s today, sent them to PayPal, and I really hope things will be in working order by Friday. I've been gritting my teeth, worrying about the deadlines here.

A zillion thank-yous to you, Wimg and all the other Admins who have taken care of these special pen orders for us. :clap1:

Thank you for your kind words, CatBookMom!

As to deadlines: not to worry, the pens are going at an average rate of about 35 pens a day at the moment, which means it'll take about 3 weeks at least before they are all gone, if not more, if sales drop of in a similar way as the votes did.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Can't believe I didn't notice this until the day *after* voting closed. :headsmack:

Oh well, crossing fingers and counting down the days.

A special thank you to the admins who worked so hard to make this happen. Your underappreciated dedication is what makes FPN so special!

I'm starting to wonder how healthy it is to check the store every day to see if those Passaportos are moving...embarrassed_smile.gif

In some things in life it's better to take a Zen approach. If you think too much you won't achieve your goal, wheras if you don't think and let yourself go, it shall be achieved with ease. I find this helpful in writing, kendo and music.