• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• fountainbel

• ethernautrix

• Ragnarok

Thanks so much for your hard work. It is very much appreciated.

Chris

Very much interested in Life, Liberty, and especially the pursuit of Happiness!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

...For desire is the cruelest pain. -Jill Tracy

Function determines structure. -Dr Glenn Doman

"Left-handers of the world, unite!" -Janus Zarate: League of Left-Handers, brassgoggles.co.uk

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Count me as another thank you for all of your hard work.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Another word of thanks for your good work in bringing us up to date on the problems and the process by which they were solved. Bravo!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know what the database product is behind the board?

--Daniel

"The greatest mental derangement is to believe things because we want them to be true, not because we observe that they are in effect." --Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet

Daniel Kirchheimer
Specialty Pen Restoration
Authorized Sheaffer/Parker/Waterman Vintage Repair Center
Purveyor of the iCroScope digital loupe

Yes, of course we do, namely mySQL.

But that's not the point. mySQL in itself is very stable. It really is the software upgrades over the years, the corruptions we had when moving from 2.x to 3.x (remember the loss of all PMs, f.e.?), which were still lurking in the database, and never doing a full integrity check etc. because members would get new topic counts, amongst others.

Well, we did all of this now, so we are ok again for a while :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Allow me to add my sincere thanks for all the hard work. Well done!!

WANTED:

Delta Indios (FP or BP)

Delta Inuit (FP or BP)

Delta Don Quijote (BP or FP, green pref.)

other Delta Indigenous People

(M nibs or wider preferred)

You guys really did the best you could in this scenario. Thanks for doing such a good job on restoring the Network!

I'm not your 'friend', bud

• 11 months later...

I was lost........Thank you very much for bringing this excellent site back to life !

Francis

Thanks for bringing back this pen paradise for us! We really appreciate the work you mods are doing for us!

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Thank you! I was about to go into serious withdrawal, sit in a corner hugging my knees and muttering nonsense.

phew! glad the forum is back :)

The Llama is a woolly sort of fleecy hairy goat, with an indolent expression and an undulating throat; like an unsuccessful literary man.

― Hilaire Belloc

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

During the process of restoring and checking/fixing, we tried to keep you all up-to-date as much as possible through a "FPN maintenance" type temporary screen - we do hope this did help in mitigating, at least to some degree, any serious addiction withdrawal symptoms :D.

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team

Firstly, thank you for your hard work.

Secondly, no, this didn't help. I stalked the forum over at the Geeks where other refugees were hanging out to try and get some news. I couldn't see the maintenance screen of which you speak.

Finally, thank you again for all you've done to restore our addiction. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

P.

Lots of wants, limited funds!

Glad to see you back ! I was starting to crave for my daily FP fix ;)

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

Hi to all concerned, Very pleased to see the FPN forum back today, 1 June '12. As others have said above, all the work to keep this going is very much appreciated, it's a very interesting and useful site, and keeps a great many people of similar minds and interests, in touch.

Dear Wim and others...

... I thought I was about to have a heart attack ! http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/Kiss.png Thanks for saving my life ! ! http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/Rose.png (yes, already said elsewhere)

Curious that these two downnesses both happened on the last day or two in May...

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)