Fpn Database Restored After Crash

Admin

Good heavens, the software really does get stroppy at the end of May, doesn't it? I join the happy chorus of thanks to the admins for what was not doubt a horrid struggle with uncooperative technology. :notworthy1:

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• fountainbel

• ethernautrix

• Ragnarok

How old are the postings I am reading? The last dated posting above the ones posted "Today" is Posted "03 June 2011 - 01:43 AM." It appears I am adding to a post almost a year old???? Or, am I going crazy or something???

Great to have FPN back!

All the best,

T

Oh man I am so happy to see FPN back online, I hope the loses weren't too catastrophic. Unfortunately, this similar event occurred at another community site I participate in about 10 years ago.

I'm a newer member, but I was really missing your great forum. Glad you got it all sorted. Best of luck in the future.

Thank you for bringing FPN back to life! I've certainly missed it.

Also, I just remembered that I had installed the "Lazarus" plug-in for my Firefox, and sure enough, all my posts were stored for re-posting. It's a great plug-in.

That's a neat plug-in; I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing!

I don't care that this is a year old post that we are all responding too...similar situation and another example of the hard work and dedication that our admins devote to the forum. I greatly appreciate their efforts! I think my tremors and drooling are starting to subside now! For the admins: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

I thought I had something wrong with my browser and I got nobody to ask was this site really down or not. Luckily the site is back :)

I like the smooth aluminum surface of Platinum Plaisir...

To the people who make the FPN what it is Thank You for all the hard work. Database crashes can sometime make grown men and women cry and cause normally sane people to beat their head into the side of a server rack until large knots are formed. I know finding the Gremlins that cause a databases to Burp, Belch, and Emit Flatus with or without flakous, can be harder to track down than a Sasquatch on a moonless night. I understand their comes a time in the reconstruction of data that you need to quit cutting bait and need to Fish. Your report sounds like very little data was lost and I commend you all for a job well done, I know I have lost far more information in much smaller databases before. Again I what to thank everyone who helped in help bring the FPN back on-line

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Benjamin Franklin

Many thanks for all your hard work!

First I thought it was my dorky old computer & my ancient OS.

When my wife could not find FPN on her account (& her flashy new computer), we knew something was up.

Glad to have you up & running again.

Cheers:

tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Thanks so much for bringing the site back up. I panicked and thought it went away permanently. As one whom used to work in IT, I know all the work required to get this thing up and running. THank you, thank you, thank you! :notworthy1:

Pelikan M605, Blue Demo M205, Red M205 * Parker Frontier, 45, Sonnet, Duofold * Waterman Expert II, Phileas * Cross Century II, Solo, Matrix * Sheaffer Statesman, Touchdown

To those who say this is an old topic: FPN has been down for a year! DOUUME! [start creepy music.]

Edited by gweddig

To those who say this is an old topic: FPN has been down for a year! DOUUME! [start creepy music.]

Well, it felt like a year...and the beginning of this thread is a year old...unless the outage involved a time warp of course! (Dang you, Tim Curry, get outta my head!). :roflmho:

Glad to see it back up and running, and will be curious to know the reason.

"Expect a most agreeable letter, for not being overburdened with subject (having nothing at all to say), I shall have no check to my genius from beginning to end." --Jane Austen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My blog: Does This Pen Make Me Look Fat? Twitter: @penfatness Instagram: sheilamcl Pinterest: SheilaM

Neither can I. I can hear Ethernautrix, but I can't see her.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for everything you did to get FPN back up and running. I didn't know what to do with my down time. :embarrassed_smile: I was in contact with two fellow members, and we were all worried. Glad that all the worrying was baseless.

There was no crash, just a technical hitch due to an oversight of mine, actually. Unfortunately this had to happen when I wasn't reachable for two days :D.

It was a 30 second fix... :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever