Expanding Nib Retipping Services!

GregMinuskin

Hi All,

Just thought I would share some of my recent nib retips; Enjoy the photos! Remember, no long turn around times here, 2-3 weeks at the most!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GregMinuskin

• inky

• Basset

• Gobblecup

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool pictures.

Dumb question - is it possible or advisable to change an extra-fine to a medium through retipping? Or is this done by grinding? Sorry, I really don't know anything about this kind of thing.

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

Very cool pictures.

Dumb question - is it possible or advisable to change an extra-fine to a medium through retipping? Or is this done by grinding? Sorry, I really don't know anything about this kind of thing.

Thanks for your message. Yes, you can retip to a larger size if you like; I do it all the time with nibs that have fine tips and folks are looking for a more usable, less scratchy medium point.

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

Very cool pictures.

Thanks for your message. Yes, you can retip to a larger size if you like; I do it all the time with nibs that have fine tips and folks are looking for a more usable, less scratchy medium point.

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

A few years back I picked up an Omas Arco celluloid that was going for a song - in part, I think, because the nib was a scratchy EF. I sent it to Greg to add iridium and grind it to a stub. No issues with flow; the pen's worked out great. Greg sent a pic of the Arco with writing sample (with two other pens he did) before sending it out, so I could check out the line variation.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p297/julioathompson/DSCN9733.jpg

The job was so inexpensive and quick . . . a few months later, I sent another find (a Duofold)for similar work. This time, I sent along a pen ground by a different nibmeister and told Greg, "Retip and grind the Duofold to match this other pen (a Vac)." A couple weeks later, he sent this photo. Worked out perfectly.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p297/julioathompson/DSCN1704.jpg

When going to a broader tip, the nibmeister has to judge what the feed will accommmodate and advise accordingly. In my cases, the feeds handled the flow needs without a hitch.

Greg's not the only meister I've gone to, but I remain a fan.