Just Opened My New Pen!

Brian C

Beautiful pen! What's the base material? Acrylic, ebonite?

Currently Inked;

MB 149 w/ MB Toffee Brown

Pilot Custom 823 w/ Perle Noire

Noodler's Aerometric w/ Noodler's X-Feather

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian C

• ethernautrix

• watch_art

• FrankB

*Keels over*

That is stunning!

Wow...

Hmm.... This is usually where the Nakaya Intervention kicks in. I look at my Nakayas, I write with any one of them, the greed for other pens dissolves. It's not working! *Panic*

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

So, ah, Ern... what's the ah, what's the timeframe for these...?

Just asking....

Eternity, plus six months.

for you that is :rolleyes:

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

I hope that Bryan and Ernest keep with it. The Morgan, Pearl and Mina, with the cap that blends into the body, match up with the aesthetics of Japanese urushi work perfectly.

I am looking forward to seeing more!

-

rj

jimhughes wrote:

" ... Do you have an contact email to share for the urishi work? I'd like to contact the artist about doing something for me."

Jim, if you go to the Edison Pen web site, there is an area on the left side of the home screen that will open the page for urushi pens. On that page, you will find a contact link for Ernest. He does custom work. I am thinking about sending him a project myself.

Yeah, just shoot Ernest an email about what you want. He worked with me for a few months trying to find the right pen. Similar level of customer service that Brian offers. These two are a perfect match.

I thought it was a limited edition.
Nope, not a special edition. Ernest offers many choices...many many.

Beautiful pen! What's the base material? Acrylic, ebonite?
This one was ebonite.

Let's see if I've got this figured out. You bought an Extended Mina from Edison Pens, and either you or Edison shipped it to Japan for urishi treatment. I'm assuming you have to have chosen an ebonite material for urishi to be done on. Is that correct? Do you have an contact email to share for the urishi work? I'd like to contact the artist about doing something for me. TIA, Jim
Actually Ernest lives in Jersey :)

That's awesome. I want to learn how to do that. I've even got an ebonite pen to practice on. It's a ratnam, but still.... anybody know where I can buy the paint stuff for this? :P

So, ah, Ern... what's the ah, what's the timeframe for these...?

Just asking....

Eternity, plus six months.

for you that is :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha, alas, I am very patient for eternity, plus five months and two weeks. *Sigh*

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

That's awesome. I want to learn how to do that. I've even got an ebonite pen to practice on. It's a ratnam, but still.... anybody know where I can buy the paint stuff for this? :P
What's funny is during my search I actually considered a Ratnam or Guider.

Okay, you got me to look at the Edison page. God, I would love one of those Herald Grande pens.
The Herald Grande has, IMHO, the most natural grip. It just feels right in the hand. Now I know why two of the artists here, Watch_Art and Stevlight, use them.

Let's see if I've got this figured out. You bought an Extended Mina from Edison Pens, and either you or Edison shipped it to Japan for urishi treatment. I'm assuming you have to have chosen an ebonite material for urishi to be done on. Is that correct? Do you have an contact email to share for the urishi work? I'd like to contact the artist about doing something for me. TIA, Jim

jim,

Ernest Shin, an FPN member, who did this beautiful urushi wrok has a website: http://www.hakuminurushi.com/

He's doing quite a bit of collaboration with Brian at Edison Pen. My understanding is, though, he also does urushi work on vintage pens. His website will give you the details.

I've got an urushi Edison in the works. Expected delivery is several weeks away. Last pen of the year for moi!

uh... this paint you refer to is called lacquer work. happyberet.gif You can read up on the website above or check out this post here.

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

Ha ha ha, alas, I am very patient for eternity, plus five months and two weeks. *Sigh*

Nice, except I've just heard Nakaya have had a request from Pen Zen International Intervention Inc to reserve it for you in your next life :P

"here Lassie, fetch the biro!"

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism