• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian C

• ethernautrix

• watch_art

• FrankB

Ha ha ha, alas, I am very patient for eternity, plus five months and two weeks. *Sigh*

Nice, except I've just heard Nakaya have had a request from Pen Zen International Intervention Inc to reserve it for you in your next life :P

"here Lassie, fetch the biro!"

I don't understand the Lassie reference, and i don't believe in reincarnation. I guess I'd better order Nakayas and maybe Edison urushis sooner than later....

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Sorry, my bad, Not a good example of reincarnation in another life; except to say it would be a nightmare to end up as a sentient canine with a writing instrument not up to one's expectations...as for not having opposable thumbs...

(I don't believe in it either as my example might suggest. )

Do enjoy your pen when it arrives :blush:

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

I just inked it up...turns out you can write with it too! Very smooth cursive italic.

How comfortable is the section to hold? It looks similar to the Neo Standard.

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

I tend to hold it at the threads, any further down and it gets too narrow for my liking. It's not as intuitive as the other Edisons. I have to adjust the pen to how I want it before writing, but once adjusted it's pretty comfortable.

So, ah, Ern... what's the ah, what's the timeframe for these...?

Just asking....

Heya Ether--

The time frame for the tamenuri would be approx 10-14 weeks depending on my schedule.

Oh and a negoro could be awesome too ;) I'm also thinking about doing a negoro-style mina with cherry blossoms as well in subtle relief

:) ,

Ern.

Edited by SJM1123

Heya Ether--

The time frame for the tamenuri would be approx 10-14 weeks depending on my schedule.

Oh and a negoro could be awesome too ;) I'm also thinking about doing a negoro-style mina with cherry blossoms as well in subtle relief

Ern.

Thanks, Ern! You're doing BEAUTIFUL work!

Is the timeframe the same for the Negoro Nuri?

Oh! Ha ha ha! I just saw "10-14 weeks" and figured your schedule has suddenly filled up, so I didn't even see the rest of what you wrote. YES! The Negoro Nuri! Cherry blossoms in subtle relief? Wait, what? What does this look like? *Trying to imagine* -- I would love to see this!

etherX in To Miasto

Heya Ether--

Ern.

Oh! Ha ha ha! I just saw "10-14 weeks" and figured your schedule has suddenly filled up, so I didn't even see the rest of what you wrote. YES! The Negoro Nuri! Cherry blossoms in subtle relief? Wait, what? What does this look like? *Trying to imagine* -- I would love to see this!

This could be our Pen Posse Pen. Just sayin.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

A regular negoro has about the same lead time of 10-14 weeks for a custom pen. However one with urushi-e in addition like the one I'm planning on with the chery blossom one would probably take longer as a custom order. 16-20 weeks probably.

Remember that I calculate lead times for custom pens at the point of payment, so they'll take as many weeks after the initial payment has been made on the custom pen.

However, I am planning on making one of the cherry blossom negoro minas for my inventory or collection, hopefully soon this year, and I'll be sure to post photos of it when it's done.

Edited by SJM1123

Ooooooh, this thread is pushing all my buttons in the right sequence. :puddle: I really have got to remind myself that the FPN SE is coming soon ... (Dang it!)

This could be our Pen Posse Pen. Just sayin.

Let's make this happen!

We need ten pens, minimum. Who's with me? (And who wants what I want?)

Drat, I keep forgetting that we'll have to agree on that....

etherX in To Miasto

Okay here's an update on writing with it. It's great now that I figured out if I keep my pointy finger closer to the nib thus creating a much looser grip for me, I feel like i'm painting more than writing, it's great. Since the pen tapers towards the nib it is heavier towards the rear. The weight feels great in the hand. Can recommend this as a comfortable writer.

YES! It seems that Brian ground it as a slightly sharper CI. There is a bit of scratchines but not too much. Wish I had a scanner :(

"YES! It seems that Brian ground it as a slightly sharper CI. There is a bit of scratchines but not too much."

I have had several custom italic nibs that were slightly on the scratchy side. I have a nib smoothing kit that I got from Tryphon (no affiliation and all that). I have spent just a few minutes doing some modest smoothing with the very high grit smoothing blocks in that kit, and the results have all been excellent. You might find one of those kits helpful as well. Just a suggestion.

Edited by FrankB