Top Posters In This Topic

• MYU

• Silvermink

• Wideguy

• Luca

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would love to see a review of a Waterman Hemishere, ideally with a EF / F nib

Have we not had such a review already? I've got a fine Hemisphere to hand. Let me ink it and I'll write a review over the weekend.

Done--click here.

Edited by MYU
Added link to review

I would like a comparison/review of the Guider ebonite pens and the Edison pens.

I'm not sure this would be a fair comparison. Edison pens are at a much higher pricing level (starting at $170). Guider pens are inexpensive enough (starting around $15) that you should feel able to buy one without a second thought.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

• 2 weeks later...
How 'bout some reviews of vintage Italians?

good news: I'll be happy to oblige as soon as I get my Omas Extra Lucens back from Mr. Binder.

bad news: I just sent it off today. :P I was planning to do it as a compare and contrast review with the two 1980s Omas pens I have, but if I get antsy (or, if you do- pm me if you really want to read one!) I might just review the 555-F or 557-S together or individually.

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

How 'bout some reviews of vintage Italians?

good news: I'll be happy to oblige as soon as I get my Omas Extra Lucens back from Mr. Binder.

bad news: I just sent it off today. :P I was planning to do it as a compare and contrast review with the two 1980s Omas pens I have, but if I get antsy (or, if you do- pm me if you really want to read one!) I might just review the 555-F or 557-S together or individually.

I will be happy to add one. I have a Vintage Aurora 88p coming to me. I will post a review of it. :thumbup:

Edited by AJP
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert McClosky

How about a review for the Conklin Pen co Victory. It caught my eye the other day and I would like to read someone's opinion.

Thanks in advance :happyberet:

«This statement wouldn't be funny if not for irony.»

-Randall Munroe

How about a review for the Conklin Pen co Victory. It caught my eye the other day and I would like to read someone's opinion.

Thanks in advance :happyberet:

Ryan R. did one a while back check out his review: Victory Review

I think he also wrote it up on his blog (click on his signature to go there).

ajp

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert McClosky

• 2 weeks later...

Could somebody review the Monteverde Sonata?

I just saw one of these on eBay and had to take a second to catch my breath! Still, I'd like to know that my "hunch" is justified. Thanks in advance!

I would be very happy to read a review of the MB Marlene Dietrich. For the moment it is the only MB that I have a real interest in (except for vintage pens).

Humble regards/Petra

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Has anybody tried the new Mabie Todd pens by Conklin? That I know of the Eternal, and the Swallow have be made "remade" so far, would love to hear about the quality of these pens, and the writing experience given. Thanks!

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

I just received the Colorado Pen Direct catalog, and saw some fountain pens by Retro 1951 that looked quite interesting. Does anyone have experience with the Postmaster or Big Shot?

Thanks!

C-C

Finally he said, "Well, the hours are good..."

..."So the hours are pretty good then?" [Ford] resumed.

The Vogon stared down at him as sluggish thoughts moiled around in the murky depths.

"Yeah," he said, "but now you come to mention it, most of the actual minutes are pretty lousy."

-- H2G2

Greetings,

I have created this topic for those of you who would like to request specific pen reviews from FPN members. ...

... Please enjoy and thanks for your support!

TNS

How about a comparison of the Rotring 600 and the Levenger replacement with the screw on cap?

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

Wondering if anyone here has acquired a Pelikan Mount Everest special edition? I would love a review and possibly some pictures :)

A merciful heart is the greatest of all possessions.

No photographs, but the Pelikan site has the grisly truth. I saw the full set for the first time in Penfriend in the Burligton Arcade in London this afternoon. I'm sure they write as well as previous incarnations of the Natural Wonders series, and they did look to have the high standards of manufacture that one would expect for Pelikan, (and for the price).

But my goodness, they were nasty. Spiritually the set had matching cufflinks, even if I couldn't quite see them in the shop window. Imagine a particularly gaudy Chinese pen, but beautifully made.

Much as I love Pelikan, I'm afraid that it is becoming increasingly apparent that Taste has definitely left the (Hanover) building - in 2006 after the Grand place, by my reckoning. No Swarovski crystals though :happyberet: ...

John

I keep seeing comments about Brause dip pens but what about their fountain pens. I just got one that I absolutely love. Just wondering if someone else has already reviewed theirs. If not I may take the plunge. Mine is a piston filler with a sweet nib. Bought it for less than $20 and it wrote just right after I cleaned it out and loosened the piston. Lots of dried ink later I have a wonderful pen.

Happly Holidays

Blackranger

"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff."