Request For Review Of Stipula Iris

kareth

I know the 147 is basically the 146 except a cartridge FP, but I would be interested in seeing someone post a review w/their user thoughts. Looked in the index and didn't see one listed.

Thanks in advance !!!

Hello! I own a burgundy MB147 Traveler fitted with a 14K fine nib. It is an excellent fountain pen and the cartridge system works very well. At present, I have it filled with Montblanc blue-black cartridges. The nib is very smooth with terrific flow and it starts within seconds of screwing in the cartridge holder. I think it's a terrific system and a beautifully-made writing instrument.

My one caveat has to do with cleaning and/or changing ink colors. My other "cartridge only" fountain pens are OMAS Milords. The Milord has a very similar threaded cartridge holder. However, the nib & feed section is threaded and can be easily removed. Once one does that, it's easy to attach an international converter or rubber eye-dropper bulb so the feed can be thoroughly flushed. That is not possible with the MB Traveler.

For cleaning, Montblanc recommends running water over the nib and feed, but that will not be as affective as a flushing. Although not recommended by Montblanc, the Boheme model has a type of cleaning syringe available for it and I have successfully used it to flush my Traveler. The cleaning syringe is filled with a gentle cleaning solution. After I cleaned my wife's Boheme, I filled the syringe with distilled water and flushed my Traveler. One must be careful not to damage the feed nipple, however. I think it's important not to attempt to push on the Boheme cleaning syringe. I have no idea why the Boheme is different, but, perhaps, Montblanc improved the design when it was realized that a thorough cleaning may be warranted. If anyone knows any other reason regarding not using the Boheme syringe with the Traveler, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Cleaning challenges aside, I think the MB147 is a lovely pen--especially in burgundy. I have used it on trips, and I also like its leather case with space for extra cartridges. BTW, it is slightly longer than the MB146.

Regards, Robert

No matter where you go, there you are.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MYU

• Silvermink

• Wideguy

• Luca

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Raul & Robert. I've applied for a new job, and if I get it there will be some substantial travel so I would rather take a 147 rather than my 149.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A review of the Laban Kaiser would be cool, too.

I am trying to get an idea of how big this pen is. Some one said it is larger than MB 149? can anyone post any pictures alongside some well known pens for size comparison? thanks

Request for a Radius review.

Browsing FPN over the past few months I have come to admire the various Radius pens that have passed through the Classifieds section. They really are beautiful pens.

I note that the Index of Pen Reviews doesn't include a Radius review, which seems like a significant omission to me.

Can an owner of one of these beauties post a review?

Thanks in anticipation. :thumbup:

can anyone please give an review on Pelikan Pura fountain pen?

Does it have a converter ,as a standard/option?

There are two reviews in the review index thread. Go there and find the Pelikan reviews. Reviews are listed by brand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...