Best wishes to Japan

andymarrison

Just watching the horrific pictures of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan earlier today. Seemed appropriate on this forum to say that I guess there are many of us outside Japan wishing all the very best to those caught up in the disaster.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikolaos

• winedoc

• Gojira

• andymarrison

I was a witness to the Tsunami in India in 2004. I pray that no one in the world be exposed to that kind of fury again...

I wish the best to everyone in Japan affected by this tragedy.

The devastation we see on video is stunning. I spent some very

nice time in Sendai this past summer ... it is so heartbreaking

to see how much this wonderful place and its people are suffering

now.

How can we help? What's next?

Whatever it is, I'm against it!

-Grouch Marx as Prof. Quincy Adams Wagstaff

I believe Design.y are based in Sendai. I just received a fabulous notebook from them yesterday with a note from Mr Yoshino. I hope he is OK.

iPad, Midori passport and MD notebook, Quo Vadis Habana, Watson-Guptill sketchbook

I believe Design.y are based in Sendai. I just received a fabulous notebook from them yesterday with a note from Mr Yoshino. I hope he is OK.

Twitter and Facebook says he is indeed ok.

Too many pens; too little writing.

It is a tragedy and even more so with the following casualties in the power plant in mind. It's bad enough as it is and it can only be hoped they can sort the situation out to avoid even more catastrophic consequences.

Pen-wise I hope the Namiki people are alright, as far as I know they have their workshop or at least one of them at Hiratsuka which is not very far north but still at the seaside.

Read more about me, my pens, photography & so on my little blog

I sincerely thank you all for your kind inquiry. I myself live in Tokyo. I was on the 28th floor in a building near Tokyo Station when the destructive earthquake happened.

I felt as if I was in a rollercoaster . The elevators broke down( temporarily), so I went down the stairs to the 1st floor. Tokyo is safe but cities and towns along the Pacific

Ocean in northeastern Japan were destroyed. Especially I am full of anxiety about the accident in Fukushima First atomic power plant. The nuclear power reactor itself

is not destroyed. So the accident is not fatal so far. I hope the efforts to control the reactor will succeed and the rest of the world will remain safe. I believe Japan will

have a fine comeback.

rokurinpapa

Especially I am full of anxiety about the accident in Fukushima First atomic power plant. The nuclear power reactor itself

is not destroyed. So the accident is not fatal so far. I hope the efforts to control the reactor will succeed and the rest of the world will remain safe. I believe Japan will have a fine comeback.

Thank you for posting about your experience. I too am full of anxiety about the nuclear situation. Sending best wishes to you & all Japan for the best possible recovery... :thumbup:

I sincerely thank you all for your kind inquiry. I myself live in Tokyo. I was on the 28th floor in a building near Tokyo Station when the destructive earthquake happened.

I felt as if I was in a rollercoaster . The elevators broke down( temporarily), so I went down the stairs to the 1st floor. Tokyo is safe but cities and towns along the Pacific

Ocean in northeastern Japan were destroyed. Especially I am full of anxiety about the accident in Fukushima First atomic power plant. The nuclear power reactor itself

is not destroyed. So the accident is not fatal so far. I hope the efforts to control the reactor will succeed and the rest of the world will remain safe. I believe Japan will

have a fine comeback.

rokurinpapa

I can't begin to imagine how frightening it must have been. I am full of admiration for the Japanese people - you are responding to this disaster with great dignity and a quiet determination to work together to get Japan back on its feet. With this strength of character I am sure you are right that Japan will indeed make a fine comeback. My very best wishes.

Looking at the aggresive devasting images, beyond any known measuring unit... I'm speechless; perhaps much more looking at the extraordinary Japaneese people, I can only feel admiration and deep sour..

Hope that tragedy stops and does not continue with out of control nuclear power plants...

My best wishes in any case for a prompt normal future life for all surviving affected people!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

I've been writing with my MYU701s this weekend to stay mindful of the people who have suffered from this disaster. One came from Russ Stutler, another came from a Japanese friend who bought it for me on Yahoo Japan, the third came from Stan K.

This weekend was quite hard for my wife since her mother's side of family was from Sendai and still has family and friends there. It is hard looking at her and having that hopeless, helpless and useless feeling all rolled into one.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Amen

Sincerest Regards

Kubalai

“We are civilized people. We do not have to conduct ourselves like a slob."

I wish I could do something that would make a difference.

Kevin, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep Mrs. Winedoc's family and friends in my thoughts.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I've been watching TV Japan all weekend (our cable provider is giving us this normally premium channel till March 17).

Very hard to watch the footage.

Apart from Catholic Relief Services, there are other organizations you can donate to.

Our prayers are with the people in Japan.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.