One Red Fountain Pen

JonB55198

249 members have voted

1. 1. How many trades do you think it will take me to get to the Pelikan M1000?

Anyone watched "The Office"? Dwight tried a similar stunt, "things are going very well. I traded a thumbtack for Meredith’s junk, for Kelly’s (bleep), for Phyllis’s garbage, for Oscar’s trash, for Stanley’s (bleep), for Ryan’s junk, for Creed’s garbage, for a very cute squid that Erin happen to have. " :roflmho:

Good luck on your trades.

Fountain Pen Travel/display Case out of stock now. Found new materials. People in the wait list will be contacted, slowly. Thank you!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonB55198

• Lexaf

• watch_art

• Maja

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

notgiven,

I saw that episode and thought exactly of this trade I am trying to do. In the end, he trades the telescope for a bag of magic beans that Jim has. LOL

-Jonathan

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

4. PenBBS 355-16SF Demonstrator

Review Posted:

I've done it! I've finally gotten around to reviewing the Wearever Pennant that I received in trade for the Airmail 69TS. As part of this trade I also received a Stypen UP which I will be reviewing shortly. Please checkout the review.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/192603-wearever-pennant-review/

By the way, both of these pens are now available for trade if anyone would like to submit offers. :)

-Jonathan

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

Yup... that's the idea I'm expanding upon :)

Fascinating game...

And I'm interested in that gold coloured Airmail pen with the transparent barrel.

If you are interested too: I'd like to trade for either a blue with steel cap Parker 45 (vintage but in perfect condition, converter included) OR a Waterman Phileas/Cultur in transparent yellow (quite rare, but I have two of them). I think both or them can be considered an upgrade to the Airmal pen. Choice and decision up to you. Please let me know.....

Cheers,

Lexaf

Fascinating game....

How many steps did you take now?

And I am interested in the gold & transparent Airmail eyedropper....

Would you consider a trade with either a near mint vintage Parker 45 in blue with steel cap, steel F nib, OR a transparent yellow ('demonstrator') Waterman Phileas/Cultur with steel F nib. Both could be considered an upgrade tot the Airmail pen I think. The yellow Waterman is pretty rare, but I have two of them.

Please let me know. Decision and/or choice up to you....

See pictures below.

post-3079-0-17125100-1302713671.jpg

post-3079-0-73568200-1302713672.jpg

Edited by Lexaf

Fascinating game....

Would you consider a trade with either a near mint vintage Parker 45 in blue with steel cap, steel F nib, OR a transparent yellow ('demonstrator') Waterman Phileas/Cultur with steel F nib. Both could be considered an upgrade tot the Airmail pen I think. The yellow Waterman is pretty rare, but I have two of them.

I've made 2 trades so far and I am on step 3 (if you count the original Wing Sung as step 1). I already traded away the Airmail 69TS for both a Stypen UP and a Wearever Pennant. So, I could trade you for those if you are interested. Here are the pictures of what I currently have:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5141/5613020899_429f46a333_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5066/5613020887_34ebd2274c_b.jpg

I loved the Airmail so much that I bought a box of the larger 69T. Alternatively, I could trade you the exact pen that I reviewed for the Waterman. But, the problem is it would erode the integrity of the system because it isn't contributing to my journey. But, if you are still ok with trading outside of this journey, I would be willing to trade. I just wanted to disclose that the original 69TS has already been traded.

As a 3rd option, I could trade you some combination of all 3 pens: Airmail 69TS, Wearever Pennant and Stypen UP.

Let me know what you think... i know it's a bit confusing.

-Jonathan :)

There is a wild card no one has mentioned. Just suppose that Red Fountain Pen Man got say President Obama to use the Wality? Got a picture with him using it, etc. Now attaching something like that to a nominal pen could get him where he wants to be real quick, no?

Fascinating game....

I've made 2 trades so far and I am on step 3 (if you count the original Wing Sung as step 1). I already traded away the Airmail 69TS for both a Stypen UP and a Wearever Pennant. So, I could trade you for those if you are interested. Here are the pictures of what I currently have:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5141/5613020899_429f46a333_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5066/5613020887_34ebd2274c_b.jpg

I loved the Airmail so much that I bought a box of the larger 69T. Alternatively, I could trade you the exact pen that I reviewed for the Waterman. But, the problem is it would erode the integrity of the system because it isn't contributing to my journey. But, if you are still ok with trading outside of this journey, I would be willing to trade. I just wanted to disclose that the original 69TS has already been traded.

As a 3rd option, I could trade you some combination of all 3 pens: Airmail 69TS, Wearever Pennant and Stypen UP.

Let me know what you think... i know it's a bit confusing.

-Jonathan :)

Hi Jon,

Ohh yes confusing it is, but a lot of fun too. :D

Sorry I missed the step to the Wearever + Stypen. :headsmack:

But we still could have a go.

What about this:

Airmail 69TS, Wearever Pennant and Stypen UP for me,

The Yellow Waterman Cultur, the Parker 45 and a 'Mystery pen' (Working vintage No name German piston filler, no picture) for you?

That keeps the integrity of your game and you can even continue with 1 pen and keep the other 2 for yourself....

Do not feel forced to anything, If you feel you can have a better deal, feel free. :happyberet:

While writing this I realize that I did something I probably shouldn't have done: bring the negotiations about the trade in the public thread so everyone can read it. Do you feel OK with that or should this have been done in PM's?:unsure:

But on the other hand, I think it is interesting for those who follow this game to see how the steps develop... :o

I am curious to read your reply.

Cheers :thumbup:

Lex

There is a wild card no one has mentioned. Just suppose that Red Fountain Pen Man got say President Obama to use the Wality? Got a picture with him using it, etc. Now attaching something like that to a nominal pen could get him where he wants to be real quick, no?

That is a great idea... I don't know any celebrities though. But, I can certainly try this out. :)

What about this:

The Yellow Waterman Cultur, the Parker 45 and a 'Mystery pen' (Working vintage No name German piston filler, no picture) for you?

That keeps the integrity of your game and you can even continue with 1 pen and keep the other 2 for yourself....

Lex, that is a great deal! :thumbup: Thanks a lot!

I agree to trade:

•  
  • Wearever Pennant
  • Stypen UP
  • Airmail/Wality 69TS

For:

•  
  • Yellow Waterman Cultur
  • Parker 45
  • "Mystery Pen"

While writing this I realize that I did something I probably shouldn't have done: bring the negotiations about the trade in the public thread so everyone can read it. Do you feel OK with that or should this have been done in PM's?:unsure:

Don't worry about it. I think it is ok to do the negotiations here. That way others can track the history of the trades as well. Thanks again. :)

-Jonathan

What about this:

Lex, that is a great deal! :thumbup: Thanks a lot!

I agree to trade:

• Wearever Pennant
  • Stypen UP
  • Airmail/Wality 69TS

For:

• Yellow Waterman Cultur
  • Parker 45
  • "Mystery Pen"

Don't worry about it. I think it is ok to do the negotiations here. That way others can track the history of the trades as well. Thanks again. :)

-Jonathan

Hi Jon,

Good deal. Trading up works! You know why? Because you always will find some people who enjoy the fun of it!

Secondly, I have quite a large collection of Wearevers and this model/color is not yet in it. And I have one of those little retractable Bic FP's and I want to compare with the Stypen. Plus the Stypen is black and the Bic is a sort of girly light blue..... So with all the fun added, advantage enough for us both!

I just sent you a PM to exchange shipping addresses.

And ohh, what will be the color of the Wality you're going to send me? Not really important, just want to know....

Best regards

Lexaf

Edited for typos.

Edited by Lexaf

Lex,

For the color of the Wality, do you like the gold color that I had before? I have one identical to it that I can send.

-JPB

Lex,

For the color of the Wality, do you like the gold color that I had before? I have one identical to it that I can send.

-JPB

Ok Top! Love Gold! :eureka:

Your pens are on their way, brought them to the SMO * this morning.

Lex

* Snail Mail Office

Perhaps Lexaf would be so good to tell us what that little shield does on the nib. I once knew but forgot.

Mine fell off the nib due to 'noobie' dumbness.

I have four nice looking Wearevers from '38-42, a couple nice ones from right after the war; I believe those are all Deluxe models and one from 1970, with a plastic cap.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I think the shield is supposed to stop the ink from drying so fast. It is sort of the same concept as a hooded nib... but that's just my guess :)

I think the shield is supposed to stop the ink from drying so fast. It is sort of the same concept as a hooded nib... but that's just my guess :)

There is an excellent article about the Wearever Pennant and its special nib by Jim Mamoulides here: http://www.penhero.c...everPennant.htm

I quote what he wrote about the nib in question:

"Another feature that has an anachronistic twist to it is the "overfeed" on the nib. The Pennant nib has a bar mounted on top from the section nearly to the tip, like an overfeed on an early eyedropper pen. This bar was supposed to keep the nib from drying out when the pen was left uncapped, but in personal use, it seems to make no difference. It does make the nib a bit stiff, perhaps reinforcing it, but since stiff was "in" in the 1950s, this would not have been an issue to pen buyers. The overfeed can be stainless or gold plated. Some will have "WEAREVER" stamped down the length."

So your guess was correct, Jon....:clap1:

The nib looks nice, although David Kahn's 'invention' proved to be not very effective. But suggestion is a nice thing to use as a selling argument, as every marketeer knows... :rolleyes:

HI Group,

Does anyone have there eye on the 2 pens that Lex traded me? I'll probably be ready to trade them in 3 weeks time or so. I'm really excited to get these pens and look forward to testing them. :)

Waterman Cultur

Parker 45

-Jonathan

HI Group,

Does anyone have there eye on the 2 pens that Lex traded me? I'll probably be ready to trade them in 3 weeks time or so. I'm really excited to get these pens and look forward to testing them. :)

Waterman Cultur

Parker 45

-Jonathan

Jonathan - I have a Kaigelu 333 with Medium nib in virtually new condition (replica of the Sailor 1911) that is a fine writer that I'd like to trade for the Waterman.

PM me privately if you're interested.

I plan to give the Kultur to my 11 year old niece - it'll be her first fountain pen!

Edited by monochromejournal

monochromejournal,

Sounds interesting. Before I commit, would you be so kind as to post some photos of it. I've never seen the 333 before. :)

-Jonathan