L' Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Inks

SamCapote

Can one of you tell how fluid/wet it is, compared to e.g. Diamine/Sheaffer/waterman ?

I had tried several of them, says Bleu Equinoxe, Ultramarine, Baikal, Botany bay, etc. In general, they have subtle color with nice shading, very easy to the eye. Not saturated as some of PR or Noodler's inks. Flows very well and no feathering even on 20lb cheap copy paper.

C-H

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• USMCMom

• Michael R.

• Jared

Sam told me about these inks a couple of months ago, but I had so many other continental inks to think of.

Next time my plucked money bush migrates back over the alps from wintering in the Rivera I'll have much more interest in these inks now.

Thanks Sam.

What are the best shading inks of them? :rolleyes:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 1 month later...

I have had a horrendous weekend - two days of food poisoning, as well as nursing a sick foster cat around the clock, spending $3000 on him, only to have him go into cardiac arrest and die while I was on the way to work after sleeping on a wicker love seat at a vet emergency clinic all night ...

I have decided to do some retail therapy, and even though I am totally broke, I think I'm going to buy some, if not all, of these inks. I dabbled with the idea of buying Bung Box inks instead, but they are more expensive ($40 for 50 mL), so I'll go with these for now.

Oh, Saskia! :crybaby: I've spent nights of tears on beloved kitties and feel your pain. You go right ahead. A kitty lover has to do what a kitty lover has to do to get by. :meow:

I have had a horrendous weekend - two days of food poisoning, as well as nursing a sick foster cat around the clock, spending $3000 on him, only to have him go into cardiac arrest and die while I was on the way to work after sleeping on a wicker love seat at a vet emergency clinic all night ...

I have decided to do some retail therapy, and even though I am totally broke, I think I'm going to buy some, if not all, of these inks. I dabbled with the idea of buying Bung Box inks instead, but they are more expensive ($40 for 50 mL), so I'll go with these for now.

Oh how horrible that all must have been (and still is). :( Heartfelt condolences to a really great person. :crybaby:

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/giraffe-smiley.gif

Thanks, GhostPlane. I'm pretty broken up about it. <sigh> And I just now purchased all 34 of the inks in the silver pouches. I will busy myself writing ink reviews to ease the pain!

I'm sending hugs your way. I know what it's like to lose a companion. I currently have 6 cats (yep, crazy cat lady here) and I know how I would feel if I lost any of them. I also want to say thank-you for fostering kitties. All of mine are rescues and 3 of them came from foster homes. I don't know if I could do that, I'm afraid I would get too attached.

Anne Gray

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking back into this thread now because my inks came in and I have to go get them from the post office on sunday. I am very excited! Though not too excited by the $56 CAD customs I had to pay. :/

SamCapote - thank you for the healing thoughts. And I totally LOVE that emoticon! :wub:

Anne - I hear you in being a crazy cat lady! I actuall prefer dogs, but I fell into cat rescue and never got out. :D

Bagheera was found a few hours from death collapsed in my neighbour's backyard. I had a home lined up for him and everything. I am still feeling pretty awful about the whole thing. But I am getting a pregnant feral off the street tomorrow night and nursing her through her pregnancy in my basemt before I spay and return her. That should distract me, along with my 34 new inks!!

Edited by saskia_madding

Just checking back into this thread now because my inks came in and I have to go get them from the post office on sunday. I am very excited! Though not too excited by the $56 CAD customs I had to pay. :/

SamCapote - thank you for the healing thoughts. And I totally LOVE that emoticon! :wub:

Anne - I hear you in being a crazy cat lady! I actuall prefer dogs, but I fell into cat rescue and never got out. :D

Bagheera was found a few hours from death collapsed in my neighbour's backyard. I had a home lined up for him and everything. I am still feeling pretty awful about the whole thing. But I am getting a pregnant feral off the street tomorrow night and nursing her through her pregnancy in my basemt before I spay and return her. That should distract me, along with my 34 new inks!!

Wow, 34 new inks! The Callifolio inks I have are among my favorites, especially the Violet, Cassia, Heuree Doree, Sepia, Olifants, & Baikal. All well-behaved and rich colors.

• 3 years later...

Does anybody know if this brand is still available anymore, and if so, where? Skimming over the results Google has come up with hasn't revealed any immediate results...

Does anybody know if this brand is still available anymore, and if so, where? Skimming over the results Google has come up with hasn't revealed any immediate results...

You can get them at Vanness, or directly from France.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Just to be on the safe side -- both the Callifolio line and the Classic line are for fountain pens? I know for sure that Callifolio is, as on their site "stylo-plume" ("fountain pen") is added to the name. So what about the Classics?

Not that I have enough money to buy any of them. sigh

As far as I can tell, the Classics are "traditional" colors. Other than that, I've noticed no differences.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Just to be on the safe side -- both the Callifolio line and the Classic line are for fountain pens? I know for sure that Callifolio is, as on their site "stylo-plume" ("fountain pen") is added to the name. So what about the Classics?

Not that I have enough money to buy any of them. sigh

They are both for fountain pens. Also they are among the least expensive inks.

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938

From memory, the Classic line were a more watered down version. Here is the google translated link to the main page that I ordered from the first post in this thread.

They are really nice inks. I made sure to add some phenol to all of them however as a preservative.

Edited by SamCapote

I just ordered Califolio inks from a boutique in Belgium, Sakura Fountain Pen Gallery [ http://www.sakurafountainpengallery.com/en/boutique/detail/califolio-itzamma ] . The customer service is excellent —when the seller could not reach me by e-mail, she phoned me from Belgium to tell me my inks had shipped.