• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• USMCMom

• Michael R.

• Jared

I'd love to have a few of those Twsbi bottles to put mine in. I wish they'd hurry up and get them finished@

So do I!!!

Ok ... I'm off to move a car load of stuff to the house! Ya'll wanna help???? LOL

As I'm new on FPN, I wish to respect your rules here : so don't hesitate to ask me if I do not or if you want more explanations on our inks.

Loïc :

Welcome to FPN ! :W2FPN:

With respect to the rules here, I'd suggest placing a link in the Market Watch sub-forum for ordering your inks. Discussions here in Inky Thoughts would then be about the attributes of your inks. Keeping the selling aspect of the inks outside of this sub-forum should meet the intention and spirit of the FPN rules.

Speaking of ink attributes, I would be interested in the (relative) water-resistance of the inks. I know that there was a thread here in FPN about this last year, but, quite obviously, the creators of the inks could offer other perspectives.

I've also looked at the Styloplume posts of your inks, as well as the swatches on your website, and see a substantial difference in the colours. Which of these would you consider more accurate ? I'm specifically interested in your blue colours, such as bleu Ultramarine.

Again, welcome to FPN, and I'm sure that many of us will look forward to more insights on your inks.

John P.

I just a few minutes ago, ordered 10 pouches and 1 bottle of ink. I'm very excited about these inks and can't wait to see them up close and personal. Thank you

tortoise for your help!

I just a few minutes ago, ordered 10 pouches and 1 bottle of ink. I'm very excited about these inks and can't wait to see them up close and personal. Thank you

tortoise for your help!

Glad to be an enabler helper happyberet.gif

tortoise for your help!

We need to enable help the world. Ok ... maybe the south anyway.

tortoise for your help!

We need to enable help the world. Ok ... maybe the south anyway.

Would you help me find all the green shades they have? I can't see to spot any other than the blue-green.

Thank you in advance.

Please let me know about those products: Encre Classique; are those your own, inhouse made inks as well?

I asked Loic about these, and he said they are compatible and intermixable with Callifolio, but are of a bit less quality, which I asked him to clarify. I also asked if he can make these available in the same aluminum 50ml packets for more efficient shipping, and he said yes. As far as I can tell these 19 "classic inks" listed below are all unique colors (with the only duplicates between "encres classique" and "Callifolio" being: sepia, bleu, noir, gris de payne):

• Blue Lagon
  • Lilas
  • Caramel
  • Brun ours
  • Jaune
  • Orange
  • Ocre jaune
  • Bouton d' or
  • Ecarlate
  • Rose tyrien
  • Fuchsia
  • Rubis
  • Rouge
  • Carmin
  • Vert olive
  • Vert moyen
  • Vert luminère
  • Vert
  • Turquoise

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Can anyone comment on the difficulties faced in filling from an ink packet?

I would only consider the packets as a great shipping benefit, as you can see how many fit in that relatively small box. For pen filling, what I have been doing is pouring or pipetting some into the plastic vials that Goulet Pens or Ink Sample Exchange (Dillon) supplies. If you have empty bottles you could just transfer to them. I wouldn't recommend using even a blunt syringe with these, as the packet could be pierced.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I have orderd additional Callifolio inks recently and I'm really amazed by them.

The following 12 colors found their way to Germany a few weeks ago (excellent fast and friendly sevice):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Callifolio.jpg

The colors are:

• ITZAMNA (1st, left collumn)
  • HAVANE (1st, right collumn)
  • GRIS PAYNE (2nd, left collumn)
  • OLIFANTS (...)
  • ANDRINOPLE
  • BOURGOGNE
  • OLIFANTS
  • OCONTO
  • OMI OSUN
  • BLEU AZUR
  • BLEU ATLANTIQUE
  • OHLANGA
  • BLEU PACIFIQUE

:wub:

Those inks will be listed in my Ink Sample Booklet IX!

I already had those before (already listed in part VII):

• Noire
  • Canelle
  • Bleu Bonne Espérance
  • Bleu Bosphore
  • Bleu Botany Bay

Besides the wonderful colors and good performance of the inks I've tried so far I really like the different subtle shades of one color family!

...I'm getting the missing colors for sure soon as well :puddle:

Please let me know about those products: Encre Classique; are those your own, inhouse made inks as well?

Hope to hear more from you about your great inks.

Cheers

Michael

Michael, did the colours change since your first test in 2009. Gris de Payne looks darker on your new swabs than on your first writings.

Edited by saintsimon

Michael, did the colours change since your first test in 2009. Gris de Payne looks darker on your new swabs than on your first writings.

The images linked do not show samples done by me.

The scan shown above is my first try with those colors I which I did a few days ago after those inks arrived.

My samples might look darker than written samples because I just smeared some of the ink with a piece of paper so the sample were very wet. Still I think they represent the true character of the inks pretty well (at least on my monitor Gris de Payne is closer to my sample). I will post a scan after trying it out with a pen.

Maybe the ink has changed...

Cheers

Michael

As I'm new on FPN, I wish to respect your rules here : so don't hesitate to ask me if I do not or if you want more explanations on our inks.

Loïc :

Welcome to FPN ! :W2FPN:

With respect to the rules here, I'd suggest placing a link in the Market Watch sub-forum for ordering your inks. Discussions here in Inky Thoughts would then be about the attributes of your inks. Keeping the selling aspect of the inks outside of this sub-forum should meet the intention and spirit of the FPN rules.

Speaking of ink attributes, I would be interested in the (relative) water-resistance of the inks. I know that there was a thread here in FPN about this last year, but, quite obviously, the creators of the inks could offer other perspectives.

I've also looked at the Styloplume posts of your inks, as well as the swatches on your website, and see a substantial difference in the colours. Which of these would you consider more accurate ? I'm specifically interested in your blue colours, such as bleu Ultramarine.

Again, welcome to FPN, and I'm sure that many of us will look forward to more insights on your inks.

John P.

Dear John,

Thank you for your comment and also for the suggestion / rules about the link.

About the water-resistance : Callifolio inks are not water resistant. The inks from l'Artisan Pastellier called "calligraphy inks" are water resistant but we can not use them in fountain pens ; only for calligraphy.

I agree with you about the differences between several photos of the inks ; it's quite difficult to catch the good colour on a screen but I really think that photos on the forum with the different tests are better. You can see at different writing test and it's easier to appreciate the good colour.

Blue ultramarine is beautiful even if this colour is not the most powerful in terms of resistance with the sunlight. All the other blues are more resistant.

Cheers

Michael

Dear Michael,

The "encres classiques" can be used in fountain pens but are more targeted on artists requirements. Especially for those doing airbrush technique. The Callifolio range is not fully different that the "encres transparentes" range but the colours are not the same, and even the technical properties as time to dry, transparency are not the same. We have done different tests to provide the good density of colours and fluidity. the pH are quite the same in these two ranges : it depends in fact of colorant used.

Cheers

Michael

Dear Michael,

The "encres classiques" can be used in fountain pens but are more targeted on artists requirements. Especially for those doing airbrush technique. The Callifolio range is not fully different that the "encres transparentes" range but the colours are not the same, and even the technical properties as time to dry, transparency are not the same. We have done different tests to provide the good density of colours and fluidity. the pH are quite the same in these two ranges : it depends in fact of colorant used.

The Encres Classiques can be used with airbrush??

The images linked do not show samples done by me.

The scan shown above is my first try with those colors I which I did a few days ago after those inks arrived.

My samples might look darker than written samples because I just smeared some of the ink with a piece of paper so the sample were very wet. Still I think they represent the true character of the inks pretty well (at least on my monitor Gris de Payne is closer to my sample). I will post a scan after trying it out with a pen.

Maybe the ink has changed...

Cheers

Michael

Ah, yes, sorry, I went to that thread after I made a search for "callifolio" and visited your ink booklet thread before proceeding. headsmack.gif

Edited by saintsimon

Dear John,

Thank you for your comment and also for the suggestion / rules about the link.

About the water-resistance : Callifolio inks are not water resistant. The inks from l'Artisan Pastellier called "calligraphy inks" are water resistant but we can not use them in fountain pens ; only for calligraphy.

We may have a language or definition problem here. Callifolio fountain-pen inks are not water proof, but my tests in 2009 of 15 colors (link provided earlier) show that most of the 15 have considerable water resistance. All but one were legible after having been soaked in water for 30 minutes. Some showed significant color shift, but were legible.

I bought them in the triangular bottles of 40ml, eight of which form a perfect circle and can be placed on a "lazy Susan" rotating stand to be handy (and attractive) on a desk. Of course shipping and price is much higher per ounce with the glass bottles than with the larger pouches.

I have not posted tests since there seemed to be little interest when I posted the scans showing water resistance and potential shading capacity. (Only two comments!)

The two I have used the most are Baikal and Gris de Payne. The latter writes significantly darker if left in the pen for a few days, presumably because of evaporation. Both are beautiful and well behaved.