How to post pictures on FPN

Guest Denis Richard

that's great! it's what I wanted to know (and was hoping would be).

My photos are safe, as I alwasy keep several back ups of them in external hard disks, more than one, and almost never in the cloud.

But it's great to know that I can upload as many I want on FPN, and they will not be deleted (or held at ransom... :D ).

The whole scope is share them, and let others see them, and hopefully see others' photos.

So thanks FPN! :thumbup:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• wimg

• DrCodfish

• WateryFlow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

The instructions are so out of date. This is very frustrating. Picassaweb no longer really exists and is Google Photos now. But FPN doesn't seem to play well with Google Photos.

Edited by countrydirt

• 8 months later...

Why isn't it as simple as drag and drop or just double click upload?

I'm a bit old so I really don't understand why things are made more complicated than they need to be.

Is there a logical answer, which I'd love to hear please, because I have never managed to post a picture on here to the best of my knowledge?

Some of us are computer wizzes and some of us simply aren't.

I'd suggest uploading to Imgur. Copy the link and use it here. Hit preview before you post.

If the image is too big, try inserting one of these letters before the ".jpg" part:

• t - small thumbnail
  • m - medium thumbnail
  • l - large thumbnail
  • h - huge thumbnail

For example,

[img=https://i.imgur.com/P3VWM1Em.jpg]

... becomes

P3VWM1Em.jpg

Edited by bokchoy

I'd suggest uploading to Imgur. Copy the link and use it here. Hit preview before you post.

Uploading to third party sites can lead to many unexpected problems. Just think Photobucket.

Also, it can lead to broken links if you close your account or rearrange your file structure. Just browse through many of this forums posts that have been rendered useless because the pictures have simply disappeared.

Uploading pictures directly to FPN is the best way. It is not intuitive. It is not drag and drop. It is not Mac. It is more like using DOS. But it works.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lCxopT7el.jpg

Edited by DrPJM1

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

• 3 weeks later...

Test: Image downsized and hosted on Discord. (Montblanc Great Characters JFK Special Edition - 2014) IMG_3108.jpg

Why isn't it as simple as drag and drop or just double click upload?

I'm a bit old so I really don't understand why things are made more complicated than they need to be.

Is there a logical answer, which I'd love to hear please, because I have never managed to post a picture on here to the best of my knowledge?

Some of us are computer wizzes and some of us simply aren't.

you're right it's not as easy as pie

but it's not terribly difficult either

these things are often just difficult to explain...

The process is rather straightforward

I have already posted an instruction list, but let me describe the process in a more logical way

using the most secure method, posting a photo implies that you first upload it to FPN, then you copy the address of where the photo is on FPN, and then you put (paste) that address in your post, so the photo will show.

there is an upload page to do the first step, it's at the top of the page, in the row of blue tabs, and it's called UPLOAD

you click on it and the upload page opens

in this page there is a "browse button", and "address field", and an "add image" button.

You click browse, it takes you to your hard drive, you need to navigate where your photo is stored, select it and click "open"

you are sent back to the upload page (you will see the name of your image file showing next to the address field) where you now need to press the add image button.

The image loads.

When the image has loaded (you will see it) scroll to the bottom of it

You will see 3 addresses in a box, select the middle one called BBCode, copy it (right click, copy, or ctrl+C)

now go back to your post (usually it's the previous tab in your browser), place the cursor where you want your photo to show and paste (right click, paste, or ctrl+V)

the description is boring, but in reality it's rather fast.

Give it a go.

Edited by sansenri

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Can we not upload photos anymore? I keep getting upload errors even when an image is below the file size limit.

• 4 months later...