Denmark And Pens

Sagar_C

very interesting pens :thumbup: I will have a look at them

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagar_C

• DovR

• Nichodemus

• BikerBabeDK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW Regina Martini presently has (ongoing it seems) nice collection of 9 Penols and Big Bens on her auction site http://www.martiniau...tion/index.php? go to penol on sidebar. ........

Sagar, how's the penol big ben loppemarket search going?

Great info, thanks! ... Managed to get a penol 1248 in non-working condition for 50DKK in a second-hand selling. Still looking!

Hej Sagar_C, og tillykke med fundet. ;)

Du kan også se efter Parker MID penne - MID står for Made In Denmark. ;)

Jeg har en Parker Duofold MID og en Parker 17 MID, så de findes.

Historien bag, er at Penol fik lov til af Parker til at lave danske Parker-penne, så derfor MID-forkortelsen.

God jagt. ;)

Venlig hilsen

Maria.

(Hi Sagar_C, and congrats with the find. ;)

You can also look after Parker MID-pens - the MID stands for Made In Denmark. ;)

I've got a Parker Duofold MID and a Parker 17 MID, so they do exist.

The story behind it is that Penol got a permission to make danish-produced Parker pens, so therefore the MID abbreviation.

Happy hunting. ;)

Friendly greetings,

Maria.)

Edited by BikerBabeDK

(Hi Sagar_C, and congrats with the find. ;)

You can also look after Parker MID-pens - the MID stands for Made In Denmark. ;)

I've got a Parker Duofold MID and a Parker 17 MID, so they do exist.

The story behind it is that Penol got a permission to make danish-produced Parker pens, so therefore the MID abbreviation.

Happy hunting. ;)

Friendly greetings,

Maria.)

Thanks Maria. Sorry that the difficult Danish language is out of my reach. I am aware -- and thanks for reminding me --- that there are MID parkers. I have to find them. Are you in Copenhagen? There even are some MID Mont Blanc but they are much beyond my budget. :(

Thanks Maria. Sorry that the difficult Danish language is out of my reach. I am aware -- and thanks for reminding me --- that there are MID parkers. I have to find them. Are you in Copenhagen? There even are some MID Mont Blanc but they are much beyond my budget. :(

No problem, english is perfectly fine too. ;)

I live just outside of Copenhagen, and I work on Nørrebro.

I found my Duofold at The Curiosity Shop on Fælledvej 18, Nørrebro; I don't know if Arthur who runs the shop, has got more in store, but I bet you're welcome to drop by and ask.

I did see that he does have a red Parker, but I don't know if it's a MID.

He usually opens his shop late in the afternoon, around 4 o'clock.

Otherwise, thy the antiques shops in Ravnsborggade, I know that one of them - an elderly lady - has got a sale going, with 50 % off the prices, and she's got fountain pens too.

These pens might most likely need repair, so make sure to check out the pens thoroughly that you're interested in.

Remember to bring a pocket loupe, as the writing on the pens can be hard to see.

Good hunting! :)

Maria.

I found my Duofold at The Curiosity Shop on Fælledvej 18, Nørrebro; I don't know if Arthur who runs the shop, has got more in store, but I bet you're welcome to drop by and ask.

Otherwise, thy the antiques shops in Ravnsborggade, I know that one of them - an elderly lady - has got a sale going, with 50 % off the prices, and she's got fountain pens too.

These pens might most likely need repair, so make sure to check out the pens thoroughly that you're interested in.

Remember to bring a pocket loupe, as the writing on the pens can be hard to see.

Maria.

What an helpful post! Thanks! Is it possible for you to pinpoint the elderly lady's shop? I shall try to visit tomorrow itself (Hope she is open on Saturday). Thanks again.

Maria.

What an helpful post! Thanks! Is it possible for you to pinpoint the elderly lady's shop? I shall try to visit tomorrow itself (Hope she is open on Saturday). Thanks again.

I also beleive that there is a less common brand "Orion" that was made in Denmark. In terms of Danish Made Parkers probably the most commonly available is the MID slimfold the production did not stopped untilt he 70's. In addition, you have the Danish Montblanc production where several models are quite collectible.

/Par

Pennshoppen - quality pens, inks and paper

Pennshoppen - www.penshop.se

Reservoarpennor - Reservoarpennor.se

Bloggen - Pennshoppens blogg

On facebook and twitter as well @pennshoppen

Hello again. ;)

I cannot find the shop on Google Maps, but if you walk down Ravnsborggade from Nørrebrogade, the shop is on the right side of the street.

You can't miss it, she's got big "50%"-discount signs all over the shop front. :D

And btw, I know the problem about having a limited budget, that's why I'm a Sale-/fleamarket-pen hunter, too. ;)

Oh, and about the danish Duofold, you can read more here - link courtesy of a FPN member. ;)

My linkhttp://parkerpens.net/ukduofold.html

Cheers,

Maria.

EDIT:

I found some old danish posters from Penol, online:

http://www.penol.dk/upload/billeder/121_plakat-7.jpg

"Penol school pen

puts the dot over the i.

Penol school pen -

the best in the class."

http://www.penol.dk/upload/billeder/120_plakat-3.jpg

"All girls and boys wish for a Penol school pen -

the best in the class".

Edited by BikerBabeDK

Penmaker David Oscarson has a line of luxury pens called Valhalla, tracing his own Scandinavian roots. Each pen is carved from a solid block of English hallmarked sterling silver creating a bas-relief Norse Mythology scene, then coated with layer after layer of cold enameling.

http://davidoscarson.com/p-valhalla.htm

Here is his Thor pen showing a Viking Longboat, the Midgard Serpent, and Thor's hammer Mjollnir with Runic Script.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr131/yachtsilverswan/DavidOscarsonThor.jpg

Edited by yachtsilverswan

Ray

Atlanta, Georgia

Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point with Richard Binder ItaliFine 0.9mm/F Nib

Faber Castell's Porsche Design with Gold & Stainless Mesh in Binderized CI Broad nib

Visconti LE Divina Proporzione in Gold with Binderized CI nib

David Oscarson Valhalla in gray (Thor) with Broad Binderized CI nib

Michel Perchin LE Blue Serpent (reviewed) with Binderized CI nib

Montblanc 149 in Medium Binderized CI nib

Montblanc Pope Julius II 888 Edition (reviewed) in Bold Binderized CI nib

As a kid, I saw those penol ads in the danish version of Donald duck magazine.

I even got to learn proper handwriting in school, not that it was much use later, and then came the computers...

Anyway. I buy pens as well, when I pass flea markets, but to find anything nice, cheap, or good, you have to rise early.

In the summertime, this means you are there between 6 and 7 AM. Consider a fleamarket after 9 AM, to be a leisure time experience.

Penol´s are fairly common, even in fairly good condition. The rare, or weird models, can be found, but do remember, they weren´t cheap, or common, even when they were sold as new.

There are danish pen collectors, who roam through Copenhagen on a weekly basis, and many shops just stocks up until they pass by. You won´t even see the pens in the shops, they are out back. Why risc damage done by the public, if you know a pro buyer is imminent.

Your best chance would be fleamarkets during the summer. In Copenhagen: Gammel Strand, Israels plads, Frederiksberg, and on sunday, Lyngby.

Look here for details on fleamarkets: www.Markedskalenderen.dk Choose, or write, København in the small frame to the left, then you get almost all upcoming fleamarkets for the next month. ( if you don´t the list covers all of denmark) Text in danish, but hey, I can use homepages from Poland, without knowing polish. It is not impossible.

Remember that many major fleamarkets during the winter sells floor rights. This means that Dealers has been there for hours before the regular opening hours.

I have been told, that the same takes place in many markets in Germany.

You can be lucky, but to buy floor rights increases your chances a lot.

And, you get a fleamarket without a lot of people.

And if you want to get in touch with shops on pens, try googling Fyldepen with something like pris or antik.

Then you will find shops dealing in pens, and they are out there. One on Søborg hovedgade, to mention one. look for the large old enamel signs outside, when he is open.

You might try: den blå hal in the town haslev. A few serious dealers, and a lot of junk.

This last weekend, I got one MB, 3-4 penols, and 4-5 assorted second hand pens. High quality items tends to be increasing in price, but there are certainly bargains out there.

That was medio feb 2011.

• 3 years later...

Does anyone know about any danish fountain pen that is collectible? Or any pen that has some danish link?

There are several collectible danish fountain pen brands: Absalon, BigBen, Benco, BigBrother, Penol, Skribent, Miller, Hoover, Orion, Oxford, Teté Rouge, Heimdal, London, Parlament, Runoz, Montblanc, The White King.

Edited by bigben

• 10 months later...