What Is Your Current Favorite Ink?

inkspot

Right now I am pretty fond of two very different inks. My first favorite is Noodler's Zhivago - I like the muted black-green color of this ink, it's smooth writing qualities, and it's overall behavior. It is also nearly bulletproof.

My second favorite is my first burgundy ink, Sailor Jentle Oku-yama. It shades very nicely and has a great flow.

However, my favorites seem to change from week to week.

Edited by bhbarto

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkspot

• Fabienne

• amberleadavis

• reprieve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy Blue

Lamy Blue-Black

Skrip Black

R&K Scabiosa

The above are my most used for different purposes. The one ink I use the most is Lamy Blue and other than it not being water-resistant, my best all-around ink. The rest have very specific purposes and are my favorites for those respective areas.

Mine has to be Penman Sapphire. Still looking for something similar. For the moment rather satisfied with a couple of Diamine blues (Midnight and Sapphire, depending on the pen and nib).

Strange to say that with near 70 bottles of ink in my collection, my favorites still remain among those I purchased when the total was under 10: Montblanc Violet and Noodler's Manhattan Blue.

I'm loving all four parts of my "I'm sick of winter/It's about darn time for Spring" palette:

-Diamine Hope Pink

-Diamine Lavender

-Diamine Kelly green

-PR Daphne Blue

"Be who you are and say what you feel; because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

The Poor Connoisseurs

Waterman's Havana Permanent. I like the colour and I don't like inks that will smudge if an inadvertent hand rests on them once they're dry.

Whoa! I didn't know about this either. I'll throw a chip into the pot. Tell us more.

Right now, Montblanc Racing Green and Pelikan Blue Black. I had thrown over MBRG for J. Herbin Vert Empire, but the Preppy it looks best in has started clogging again and I recently filled several pens with Racing Green in order to generate some writing samples. So well-behaved, so sophisticated, looks good in all three pens. I'd ordered a sample vial of Pelikan Blue Black (thanks, Goulet Pens!) and I love the shading and color so far.

I am not usually so focused, but late fall found my pens loaded with colors I don't use very often (how did that happen?), plus one I tried again to see if I liked it any better, and then I had ordered some samples of inks, which filled more pens. This may be why I am so happy that the pens are finally running out of brightly colored, non-water-resistant and/or slow-drying and saturated ink so that I can return to an old favorite (MBRG) and an old favorite shade (blue black). Normally, I'd say my favorite inks would be Diamine Prussian Blue, the always loaded Pilot Blue Black because I use carts in the Namiki Decimo, Caran d'Ache Storm, MBRG, Noodler's Black when I really need a black, and--while I continue to search for The Perfect Brown-- Private Reserve Copper Burst only when used in the Namiki Falcon or Noodler's Standard Brown. Oh, and sometimes Tahitian Pearl or Zhivago, which take turns in a Pilot 78G M when it happens to be loaded.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I use Sailor Kiwaguro in my Sailor 1911 M with XF nib for journaling. Only ink I have found which works in every Moleskine Cahier I've bought.

Otherwise, I have Sheaffer Skrip Black for general use. I also use Skrip Brown and Skrip Red quite a bit, Skrip Blue less so.

But right now I am very much into Diamine Sunshine Yellow and Noodler's Rabaul Red. Both are very nice. Diamine Yellow has a touch of orange to it, so it is quite readable. I'm using it in my pocket Arnold which puts down, depending on the paper, at least a medium line.

Chris

Very much interested in Life, Liberty, and especially the pursuit of Happiness!

Yesterday I wrote a condolence note using Sheaffer Jet Black cartridges which I was given.I realize now that I do need to have a black ink, as I feel it's the right color for that type of note. Today I wrote Happy 2011 card in Blue Pervenche.Such a cheery color. Blue Pervenche je t'adore!!

Diamine Oxblood

Diamine Damson

Midnight and Umber are waiting in the wings. (Umber just loves my Vanishing Point F.)

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." - Dorothy Parker (attributed)

I'm really liking the two turquoise I have, which are very similar in color: Pelikan Turquoise and Noodler's Eel Turquoise. I even ordered a Cyan TWSBI to go with this current color trend I've been experiencing.

Noodler's Black. I love that it is no fuss, no muss, and permanent.

For non-black: Sailor Blue-Black and Noodler's Walnut.

Currently impressing me: Montblanc British Racing Green. I'd tried it at least a year ago and liked it, but had bought Noodler's Zhivago at the same time and preferred that.

Because I had a box of MBRG cartridges, I popped one into a Mb 100-Year Historical the other night, and whoa! I like it! I like it A LOT!

I too rediscovered MBRG and like it much more than when I initially tried it. In fact, I was planning on selling it, but decided to give it one more try and I'm so glad I did. Now I'll have to do an ink hunt for NOS bottles. Oy, it never ends.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

Hmm I'm in a blue phase at the moment so I'll include my favourite others as well...

Diamine Majestic Blue

Diamine Midnight

Diamine Damson

Noodlers Habanero

others include

Diamine Steel Blue

Diamine Blue Black

Waterman South Sea Blue

Mont Blanc Irish Green

Diamine Syrah

Diamine Poppy red (has to be a wet writer)

Diamine Green Black

Diamine Umber

I might have too many inks!

Craig

"Those Who Know What's Best For Us, Must Rise And Save Us From Ourselves."

Witch Hunt - Neil Peart

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png