Major Maintenance Carried Out

Admin

Dearest members and visitors of this little, extended, (fountan pen) nut house on the digital prairie,

Apologies for rather unexpectedly pressing forward with some major maintenance today, but unfortunately there was no other option in order to prevent the equivalent of a "blue screen of death" for our board installation. As some may have experienced, the first signs were that of a non-functional IP.Mobile skin.

Fortunately, we were prepared, and with some hard work by the Admin Team today, all is well again. A few pieces of software aren't active yet, but it took too long to insert all the remaining pieces, while the board in itself is functional again.

If you do notice a glitch over the next few days, this may well be because the last few parts of the puzzle are still being added. However, if you do have any questions, do not hesitate to send us an email. We'll answer all in order of receipt. Alternatively, pose a question in the Community Feedback forum.

Enjoy!

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sandy1

• avlisyar

• watch_art

• Soot

I like the new clean look with no pop-ups.

Thanks!

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Admins - thanks for all your great work. Much appreciated!!!

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

In one of my many former lives I had brushes with death doing just what you're doing now. :bonk:

I do not envy you your task.

Well done!!!!

:o

No 'Thumbs Up'?

And something ate the dancing bunny.

It is the Year of The Rabbit in the Chinese calendar.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Fixed already. That's the small stuff we may walk into over the next few days. We actually did a reinstallation from scratch, which requires tryign to figure out which stuff from th eback-ups has to go back and which not, which sometimes is hard to determine (plusminus 100,000 files in about 5,000 directories, and that excludes the database).

In order to prevent a meltdown, we had to be quite rigorous :D. Sometimes too rigorous it seems :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thanks for the maintenance. I was able to get some work done today without constantly clicking "View new content" :)

Well, thanks to your changes, which are apparently secret agents whose security level goes so high that even some admins don't have high enough security clearance, I got addicted to Nethack. Yet another stupid death.

:thumbup: + :thumbup: = :bunny01:

Many thanks for refurbishing the asylum vortex FPN board.

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Not having emails from my watched topics to wake up to, nor having the ability to thoroughly, leisurely spend a LOT of time on this site was a bit of an eye-opener.

A little 'twig' of recognition of my new addiction. I did take the sage advice and write a couple actual letters ;)

Thanks for all your hard work behind the scenes that I know nothing of, but appreciate when I can just 'click and enjoy'.

"The heart has its reason which reason knows nothing of." French philosopher Blaise Pascal ~ Letter and Paper Exchange~