Indian Fountain Pens

vikasruparelia

Hi Saji,

Which model did you ask them for? I have been speaking to the Mumbai distributor and the last time I checked, they had ample supplies of the Maverick, Antic and Moti. only problem is that you have to buy 10 boxes.

However if Chelpark themselves are writing to you that they have a production problem, who am i to say anything more?

Best,

Hari

Hi Mr. Hari

Actually I was asking Chelpark about a distributor at Trivandrum/Kerala. May be you are right. Short supply can also be due to any distributor issues. Now i am searching in Bangalore through my friend. Could you please suggest some places at Bangalore, where I can get these pens ? Also where from I can Lincoln Piston Filler Pens.

Thank you very much.

-saji

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• brahmam

• sajiskumar

• shrujaya

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now i am searching in Bangalore through my friend. Could you please suggest some places at Bangalore, where I can get these pens ?

Best shop at Bangalore: Meenakshi Stores, Avenue Road. I had posted their tel no on some other post...

Also where from I can Lincoln Piston Filler Pens.

Production stopped in 90s itself. Not availble anymore.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

dear saji,

chelpark pens are not in very good supply now when compared to other indian pens, but they are till being produced and being sold. the kerala distributor located at palakkad is having some issues with the company and so chelpark products are in very very short supply in kerala, as mentioned in an earlier post by me. the company is in talks with the distributor and the issue will be resolved soon or another distributor will be appointed.

pls. wait for a couple of months, then you can buy chelpark products in kerala itself, in case you are so impatient you can try in wholesale shops like "sixer" in trichur. they may have some left. but i would advise you to pls. wait some time.

rgds.

krishna.

Hi Saji,

Which model did you ask them for? I have been speaking to the Mumbai distributor and the last time I checked, they had ample supplies of the Maverick, Antic and Moti. only problem is that you have to buy 10 boxes.

However if Chelpark themselves are writing to you that they have a production problem, who am i to say anything more?

Best,

Hari

Hi Mr. Hari

Actually I was asking Chelpark about a distributor at Trivandrum/Kerala. May be you are right. Short supply can also be due to any distributor issues. Now i am searching in Bangalore through my friend. Could you please suggest some places at Bangalore, where I can get these pens ? Also where from I can Lincoln Piston Filler Pens.

Thank you very much.

-saji

ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

Hari:

Any places to purchase a Chelpark FP in Chennai?

Thanks and regards,

Chennai Living Brahmam

dear saji,

chelpark pens are not in very good supply now when compared to other indian pens, but they are till being produced and being sold. the kerala distributor located at palakkad is having some issues with the company and so chelpark products are in very very short supply in kerala, as mentioned in an earlier post by me. the company is in talks with the distributor and the issue will be resolved soon or another distributor will be appointed.

pls. wait for a couple of months, then you can buy chelpark products in kerala itself, in case you are so impatient you can try in wholesale shops like "sixer" in trichur. they may have some left. but i would advise you to pls. wait some time.

rgds.

krishna.

Hi Saji,

Best,

Hari

Hi Mr. Hari

Thank you very much.

-saji

Oh! my dear, dear Free-will!

Tell me really, "Will I ever be free?"

Allow me until my body becomes still,

To sacrifice as a still standing tree!

- Just another tumble weed!

Hari:

Thanks and regards,

Chennai Living Brahmam

Check post no 33 of this very thread!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Post pictures / review when you guys get your pens from Kim & company. They have a giant sized ebonite too, has any body of you ordered the giant?

Unfortunately I have not met Dr. Rafi but spoke only to some staff. In my next visit I will meet him, take pictures of his workshop and probably buy a freshly made piece custom made for me.

Hi Pbhat, can you comment on the nib size on your Kim pen? is it the same size as a wality-8, bigger? or smaller?

Thanks!

hari

Hi! Hari

The size of the nib is moderately big with the length from section to nib tip is 2cm and the breadth at the broadest point is about 1cm. The feed is also nice and chunky. The salesman I interacted has said that their pens nib are from Wality. The nib has engraving of "Iridium Point" with some nice floral design. It writes between Fine and Medium.

Regards,

pbhat

Oops! Sorry! Missed it. Thanks Hari. I shall check-out both. Regards. "Chennai Living" Brahmam

Hari:

Thanks and regards,

Chennai Living Brahmam

Check post no 33 of this very thread!

Poor Fountain Pens

Who said Indian fountain pens

Are for the poor without a pence?

Our pens dear, are a reflection -

Of hospitaility in perfection!

We make eyedroppers;

Fill it and forget it!

They write and they write -

With fonts large and bright!

Ebonite or plastic,

It holds ink to drastic

Open the neck,

Fill to the deck,

Now, pen at your beck,

So write out the heck!

We love eyedroppers;

Our ink tanks are as large

As our hearts

Holds tons of ink

As yet we hold our love.

Our pens might cost less,

But they write without a fuss.

You would never have to cuss

Our pens never make a mess!

Oh! You luxury pen,

You might be a gun,

With just converter or cartridge

You may sound sweet as partridge.

But mind you, ours is a tank

With a large ink tank!

So, beware of poor indian pens

They are not just pens,

But mighty writing machines!

Cheers!

"Chennai Living" Brahmam

This poem is respectfully dedicated to the pen connoisseur, Mr. Saji Kumar.

Oh! Nothing like that Saji!

Me a humble Nirguna Brahmam,

Who indulges in hot Bhajji,

And a simple tune to hum.

I like fountain pen

Which I buy now and then

Filling ink

Gives me time to think!

But poet am I? Certainly not,

Even if I like my bhajjis hot!

I am just another one to wander

In search of truth beyond yonder!

Neither even a writer am I,

Yet though I surely buy,

A pen here and a pen there;

Looking around everywhere.

May it be a humble Bril

I would yet give a close look

With nothing as an attached frill

Still writes well in a notebook!

Search of truth

And search for pen

Go along side by side!

Thoughts flow out,

From a pen open

You have nothing to hide!

Thought subsides,

When truth abides -

Be happy my child.

Cheers!

"Chennai Living" Brahmam

Dear Saji:

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I am not able to trace a single Chelpark Pen in Chennai. Shall let you know if I could land on one.

Cheers!

"Chennai Living" Brahmam

BTW, Saji, did you like my poem?

Thanks pbhat and Chennai living Brahmam, for the information. I talked to Mr. Rafi and now planning to buy some pens from him.

BTW, Brahmam , could you please tell me whether Chelpark pens are available at Chennai.

thanks,

-saji

Thanks Brahmam. I like your poem very much. Are you a Poet/Writer?

-saji

Again Good poem. I like it. Dear Brahmam, Could you please write a poem about "poor" Fountain Pens ?

Thanks

-saji

Edited by brahmam

Post pictures / review when you guys get your pens from Kim & company. They have a giant sized ebonite too, has any body of you ordered the giant?

I bought the Giant and the small. Here is my review:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/203865-kim-and-co-pens/page__view__getnewpost

Saji:

One more... Check Post #23 in the link below and enjoy!

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/189373-fountain-pen-a-boon-or-a-bane/page__p__1912557__fromsearch__1#entry1912557

Cheers!

"Chennai Living" Brahmam

Dear Brahmam,

Thank you very much. Great poem. I love your poems.

-saji

Nobody seems to like my fine poem,

Sigh! Except Saji who loves 'em!

All are focussed only on pens,

No time to read poems hence.

Without getting into any feuds,

Let me tell you dudes!

I can pen a poem,

I can poem a pen.

Poems simply happen!

Let me be open;

Please do read!

May I so plead!

Simply terse;

Not in erse,

My verse,

English!

Cheers!

"Chennai Living" Brahmam.

Ps.: Usually several poets struggle to keep poems compact. The ending lines generally get longer and longer. However, this one is called the "Reverse Pagoda" or "Reverse Pyramid" style". This style is a friendly jibe at poets who struggle to keep the trailing verses short.

Thanks for the great info in this thread..! I am studying in NIT Calicut and am surely going to go check out Kim & Co as soon as I get an opportunity :)

Just now I got three pens from KIM & Co. Two pens are same as Hari317 described in his review. The third one is with a double nib.

Just now I got three pens from KIM & Co. Two pens are same as Hari317 described in his review. The third one is with a double nib.

Hi Sajis, double nib: nibs on both ends of the pen? How do your pens write?

Best

Hari

Hi Hari,

I didn't filled the barrel with ink but tried after dipping in ink. One pen ( the smaller among the three) is writing very well. very smooth. but the bigger one is very very scratchy. Also one side of the double sided pen is writing good, but the other side ( smaller nib) is not writing good. I can hear the clicking sound when writing. Also all the pens seems "very raw" with some kind of dust/material particles. I think I should clean all the pens before filling the ink in the barrels. will post the pictures later.

-saji

I look fwd to the pics Saji. Yes, do rinse out the barrel and section of the pens thoroughly before filling the pen for the first time. best, hari