Twsbi Diamond 530 With Gold Nib

speedy

i agree Siv

i'm waiting some more nib size for my twsbi, like it is now (it's a very good pen with an affordable price).

in my mind i don't think it's an pel 8xx 'alternative' but i think a 'safari-killer' with a pel8xx size :-) (marketing-speaking)

at moment the 530 have two main handicaps: it's available in one color only, there are not other nibs.

for me it's a good idea if you will make a kit of replacement nibs for our twsbi

a kit with B + BB + italic M + Italic B + flexible, at good price -no gold-

do you imagine a safari with a gold nib? no, thanks.

i think the gold nib is a way to come out from a market range and 'try' to come in other market range

i think is a good idea to make other specific brand and other models for 'lexus' market.

but now, don't touch our twsbi 530! :-)

i like very much the idea of twsbi pen, the quality, the price, the development with all of us: it's a very good way.

Sa - Italy

photographer

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speedy

• millerb7

• davidw

• Hellmark

These forums we are on now are IP Board.

I believe CMS is the best way as well. The CMS you mentioned I would avoid though. I think that most other web consultants would agree with me, there are only 3 CMS's you should consider. Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal; in that order of difficulty to learn.

Ooh! we are honoured to have a web consultant among us! Your advice is off-topic and ridiculous. Please stop touting for business.

I'm not selling anything, nor doing any work for speedy, or anyone on these boards... I was merely stating something that would help him in his future endeavors of updating his site. It was in direct response to a question speedy asked. I don't believe free advice/help is against any type of policies is it?

Move along.

Edited by millerb7

i agree Siv

i'm waiting some more nib size for my twsbi, like it is now (it's a very good pen with an affordable price).

in my mind i don't think it's an pel 8xx 'alternative' but i think a 'safari-killer' with a pel8xx size :-) (marketing-speaking)

at moment the 530 have two main handicaps: it's available in one color only, there are not other nibs.

for me it's a good idea if you will make a kit of replacement nibs for our twsbi

a kit with B + BB + italic M + Italic B + flexible, at good price -no gold-

do you imagine a safari with a gold nib? no, thanks.

i think the gold nib is a way to come out from a market range and 'try' to come in other market range

i think is a good idea to make other specific brand and other models for 'lexus' market.

but now, don't touch our twsbi 530! :-)

i like very much the idea of twsbi pen, the quality, the price, the development with all of us: it's a very good way.

I honestly can't picture the TWSBI with a gold nib either myself... at least not full production model. Maybe a limited edition model or something next year or down the road.... an anniversary edition possibly.... not a normal full blown production though.

So far I'm thrilled with my twsbi nib, some flex/italics would be amazing though.

Buying Ti nibs, will be expensive when looking at a market, that has five or so of them.

We have some 10 people who want one...what about the folks that are not here, out there in the world.

Same unfortunately goes for the those of us that want a steel/gold normal semi-flex or Slightly Flexy or Full Flex nib. What we get here, 20-30-40?

Speedy would have to do a video showing what a semi-flex nib did; because many of the 'Joe Public', don't know. It would be new to them.

And then comes the thing of doing a lawyer proof set of videos, one for semi-flex...so when the idiot tries to make the tines split like an Ice Skating Champion; there is no come back.

A little Box, check....saw video, can now order semi-flex.

Check little box...saw video, have experience with Slightly Flexy nibs, can now order Slightly Flex nib.

Same for a Full Flex nib....no replacement, for butchering a nib.

It would have to be explained, that Flexible nibs vary.I have no idea if he could spare a worker for the time necessary to proof the nibs to what standard of Flexibility such a nib would have.

He has to be able to sell them, so he needs a more realistic market survey. Sure it's pro-rated over a time, but it's doing a lot of front end loading of the capitol.

By the Way, Taiwan is not Main Land China and has been producing good to top level goods since the 1970-80's. It had to, it was chasing Japan.

I can remember in the '50's when Japanese goods was 'cheap', and cheap goods (Like China today). Way back when, when the US had production in the US, in the Days of the Silver Dime.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Hi guys,

Please play nice. I am moving this over to the Marketplace, as this thread is essentially a 'sales' thread.

Regards,

Soki

WI and Marketplace mod

Edited by fuchsiaprincess
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

I can't picture the TWSBI with a gold nib either! It's way over the top and unnecessary. The pen is rally good as it is.

And of course production in Taiwan is so much more expensive than Mainland China. I live in Taiwan since 2001 and I try to

buy products "Made in Taiwan" because the quality is often very high, but $ 280 is a lot of money and I wouldn't spend it

for a fountain pen "Made in Taiwan", even $ 130 is too much!Maybe a special edition in a few years would be nice.

I totally agree with dhamma; 280 dollars is just too much money for a pen, no matter how good

Tell me what you want to hear

Something that delight those ears

Sick of all the insincere

I'm gonna give all my secrets away

• 1 month later...

i would like to see 2 tone d=nibs, and solid, not see through colours, so basically a totally different model, just make a twsbi luxury model

If only money didn't exist, and pens grew on trees...

• 3 weeks later...

Speedy,

I love the 530, it is far better than I expected for the price. I lost it, and was more upset than I expected to be, and very very happy when i got it back.

To answer your very unscientific survey:

I think the best theme that I've seen here is for the kit approach. You could provide the nibs, the clips, a spiffy piston, etc., all to be installed by the operator. Sort of like after market parts for cars, and bikes. (See "farkle")

The pen would stay the same, and we could get our italic nib as and when we wished.

Anyway, don't get all starry eyed and lose what you have already brought to market by trying to be like the big slow ones.

P.S. I am going to order another 530, just trying to decide which nib to get.

Tim

I would, in principle, be quite willing to pay $120 or so for a gold-nibbed TWSBI Diamond 530 - especially if the gold nib has a bit of spring to it - but I'm not willing to put my money where my mouth is quite yet as I've had to rein in my pen budget pretty significantly.

I'd be interested in a high-end pen from TWSBI, like the theoretical $280 pen, but I'd really want to see prototypes and such first. I'm curious what TWSBI could do with $280 given the Diamond 530 is such a high-quality pen at a mere $40.

...man, I'm inking my Diamond 530 when I get home. It's been uninked for too long.

Edited by Silvermink

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

I totally agree with dhamma; 280 dollars is just too much money for a pen, no matter how good

Then stay away from the Montblanc forums. There might as well be a sign that says "Here there be dragons."

• 4 weeks later...

I would love an option to but the nib only for upgrading one of my current TWSBI pens or when I get the vacuum filler but another option that would be nice is a FLEX TITANIUM nib! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing gold-nibbed TWSBIs :clap1:

Edited by 1000km

• 2 weeks later...

I would love a gold nib. I can see where you are coming from by differentiating between the models and I appreciate that you are a business, not a charity so need to make a reasonable profit.

However, $280 is way above my budget for a pen. :crybaby:

Me too but titanium sounds gooood!

• 1 month later...

Speaking for myself (obviously), I'm much more likely to go for multiple copies of the original with various steel nibs (broad, stub, etc.) long before springing for a single gold nibbed pen.

I guess my ego isn't in the nib material. :embarrassed_smile:

:roflmho:

I agree with riff raff. Expand your steel nib selection to BB, and various widths of stub italic nibs. also maybe music nibs that have two ink channels and might be more flexible than a standard one channel nib.

A pen is about the marks it makes on paper, so focus on that.

Maybe make rollerball nibs of various widths; as well as drafting points like the old Rotring / Kor-i-noor technical pens. Make a selection of brush nibs so people have a piston filling inkbrush. :thumbup:

stez

Edited by stez

Fountain Pens.

Senator 721 piston filler.